[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox Mod

Post by Handyman` »

since we upgraded to RC1, I'm going to be re-installing my packaged version… I think there were some style changes done due to testing… so when I get back to the packaged version, it should be good.

I know in subsilver2, there will always be a horizontal scroll bar if there is a long message… It'll probably be something I will fix for the next release.

@smashingpilot… it's in the instructions for how to add it to the forum index.
There are no instructions for the subsilver2 style, but its added exactly the same way.

I'll be writing instructions for each style per the MODX guidelines for my next release.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

Where does this MOD put the chat box? Does it put it on the front page under the list of forums? This is what I need.

Thanks
jerx

Post by jerx »

TimJBart wrote:Where does this MOD put the chat box? Does it put it on the front page under the list of forums? This is what I need.

Thanks
If you look at the demo and click the board index link, your question will be answered. ;)
SmashingPilot

Post by SmashingPilot »

Is it?? I've followed the instructions included with the download and am still at a loss on how to make the chat available on the main forum index. :S
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

OK, and can you make each message a bit thinner so you can see more messages in the chat box? :?
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

ok, Demo is back up.
Also, there is now a link provided for support and suggestions in the first post… will help me keep things organized.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Well i have to try this out and install it to my forum get a get some time.
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

Just in case you hadn't seen. Some people in your demo shoutbox on STG are getting debug errors

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /shout.php on line 160: Undefined variable: status_time

However it works fine for me! Strange
Amlor

Post by Amlor »

Sorry for bother, but I don't get it with the shoutbox on the index, too. I've make all instruktions on your install.xml and that works fine.. but I can't find add instrucions how to put a 'real' Shoutbox on my Index (or a other Page)..
so long

Amlor
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

Actually, I just got that status time debug message as well… first time I've seen it… but you only see it when you aren't logged in.
So I'm working on fixing that.

@amlor, there are no instructions for how to put it on the index for subsilver2… you will only see it in prosilver with the instructions.
But to put it on the index page for subsilver2, just follow those same instructions.
sublimespot

Post by sublimespot »

Love it love it love it. Thanks handyman.
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

The chat link doesnt show up in the header, why is that? When will there be a update for this mod?
Shadowz_O_Death

Post by Shadowz_O_Death »

How do I change the update rate?
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

JunglistPerfection wrote:The chat link doesnt show up in the header, why is that? When will there be a update for this mod?
Neither mind, it's fixed.
Last edited by JunglistPerfection on Thu May 24, 2007 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

Shadowz_O_Death wrote:How do I change the update rate?
open up chat.php and find the default, online, idle and offline options near the top… it's clearly marked.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”