[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
pnoozi

Re: [BETA] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by pnoozi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 am

Andeekaii wrote:EDIT:

Fixed the problem i had, but now im wondering how to change the font size or make the row height smaller so i can fit more messages in. Ive read as much as i can but i cant seem to find a simple explanation?

Hope someone can help, Andy
I'm wondering the same exact thing.

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:55 am

Just a suggestion... "search" is your friend. 182 pages, try "font size".
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello guys i have some problem with my host and resource usage, so i want to uninstall the chat. how do i do that? how do i delete the changes made in the database? is there query for that?

thanks a lot in advance...

beggers

Post by beggers » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Pietje15 wrote:My moderators can see the delete button in the chat.
But when they want to delete a message, it comes back when they refresh the chat.

Me as admin can just delete and the messages don't come back.
How to fix this?
Is there a fix for this issue? I need it, too. Thanks

mej284

Post by mej284 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:09 am

Try this for your Mod delete problem and tell me if it fixes it.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10122545
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

jim_nagh

Post by jim_nagh » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:51 pm

hello i get this after i install the chat_install.php and remove it ...

General Error
Language file ./language/en/chat.php couldn't be opened.

i even went as far as to upload the folder en and change it to en_us abd i get this as well...

General Error
Language file ./language/en_us/chat.php couldn't be opened.

nothing happens and it won't pull up my site :( i would like to have this oon my board though )

Thanks
Jim

pnoozi

Post by pnoozi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 am

jimcarrel wrote:Just a suggestion... "search" is your friend. 182 pages, try "font size".
182 pages. That's the problem, smart ass. Thanks for the help though.

To clarify, I used the search feature and couldn't find the solution anywhere in the 182 pages of JUNK. So I'm asking for help.

How do I make the horizontal bars thinner so I can see more messages?

mej284

Post by mej284 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:27 pm

pnoozi wrote:
jimcarrel wrote:Just a suggestion... "search" is your friend. 182 pages, try "font size".

To clarify, I used the search feature and couldn't find the solution anywhere in the 182 pages of JUNK. So I'm asking for help.

There are a couple of methods, you do style changes (layout changes) to the chat_body.html this would make smaller rows, you could change the font size this could do it as well, unfortunately that would effect the rest of the style. So you would have to seperate that from the rest of the style.

You will notice that I help out quite a bit and I get tired of answering the same question over and over again, but I usually do. But I never help out when I see responses such as yours.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

Scofield112

Post by Scofield112 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi all !
I have a question, can be this mod integrated into my portal?
Of course I have phpBB3 Sessions Integration and with login box(welcome message) and more.
So it's possible, without phpbb template?

Thanks for reply :!:
Sorry for my bad English :)

pnoozi

Post by pnoozi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

mej284 wrote:
pnoozi wrote:

There are a couple of methods, you do style changes (layout changes) to the chat_body.html this would make smaller rows, you could change the font size this could do it as well, unfortunately that would effect the rest of the style. So you would have to seperate that from the rest of the style.

You will notice that I help out quite a bit and I get tired of answering the same question over and over again, but I usually do. But I never help out when I see responses such as yours.
This jimcarrel guy initiated the hostility with his pointed remarks. You'll notice that there was nothing aggressive about my original post. I realize that you guys are in no way obliged to be here helping, and I am grateful for the help. I am not grateful for the negativity, however.

Of course I haven't read all 182 pages, but I did read through many of them and the search turned up nothing.

Your suggestions, while appreciated, may not be specific enough for me to grasp (but I'll see what I can do) :-( So I'll assume that there just isn't a practical solution for this issue at this point time.

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 am

jim_nagh wrote:hello i get this after i install the chat_install.php and remove it ...

General Error
Language file ./language/en/chat.php couldn't be opened.

i even went as far as to upload the folder en and change it to en_us abd i get this as well...

General Error
Language file ./language/en_us/chat.php couldn't be opened.

nothing happens and it won't pull up my site :( i would like to have this oon my board though )

Thanks
Jim

leave alone this chat. i just unistalled it after few months i had it. This because of the crazy resource usage.. and the last update of this chat was 1 year ago. no one gives you support abotu this chat except for lost_mind ... anyway i strongly suggest you to use mchat. you will get support if necessary and it's way better than ajax chat.

firesta

Post by firesta » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 am

hello all,

can anybody told me how i can insert the global smilies from my forum?
i think i will have a button with the link to the http://www.mydomain.de/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=0

i will not add over 500! smilies again in this chat. i would like to have it so as in private messages or post topics. when i use the abbreviation from the smilies, they was screened correct, but the button is better, i cannot known over 500! abbreviation for smilies.

thanks for your help and regards

firesta

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 pm

pnoozi wrote:This jimcarrel guy initiated the hostility with his pointed remarks. You'll notice that there was nothing aggressive about my original post. I realize that you guys are in no way obliged to be here helping, and I am grateful for the help. I am not grateful for the negativity, however.

Of course I haven't read all 182 pages, but I did read through many of them and the search turned up nothing.

Your suggestions, while appreciated, may not be specific enough for me to grasp (but I'll see what I can do) :-( So I'll assume that there just isn't a practical solution for this issue at this point time.
Saying that search is your friend is not in any way, shape or form, hostile.
Jim has been extremely helpful in answering the same questions over and over in here because nobody (except those of us trying to provide support) use the search feature.
At this point in this topic (after 180+ pages) every question you may think about asking has already been asked and answered by myself for the number of other people who are kind enough to provide support in here.
Furthermore, in agreement with mej284, it's very difficult to provide support to somebody that calls another person, who is trying to be helpful, a donkey.
Even if that person wasn't being helpful, why would you say that? that's very very bad etiquette (forum or in-person).
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm

You may want to check this out: http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... ax+smilies
I have not checked out the download in the link above, but that should be what you're looking for :)
(It's an add-on for this chat)
firesta wrote:hello all,

can anybody told me how i can insert the global smilies from my forum?
i think i will have a button with the link to the http://www.mydomain.de/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=0

i will not add over 500! smilies again in this chat. i would like to have it so as in private messages or post topics. when i use the abbreviation from the smilies, they was screened correct, but the button is better, i cannot known over 500! abbreviation for smilies.

thanks for your help and regards

firesta
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Handyman` you're mod road map link in the initial post is broken.
So I can't check for myself how the IRC integration is coming along?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”