[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Grustni

Re: [BETA] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by Grustni »

Hi,

After installing this MOD, i get these errors:
Error 1

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 31

Error 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in .../cache/tpl_prosilver_index_body.html.php on line 31
These errors came up after I have "purged" cache.
I have rolled back all the changes I made to the files, but it did not help...What might be a problem here?
Zstroyer

Post by Zstroyer »

I'm looking for someone here with a lot of knowledge on the installation of this mod. Willing to pay someone if they install it for me.

I tried numerous times, but it never comes out correct. My last attempts succeeded in installing the mod but it somehow disabled the forum login function, preventing anyone to login.

Feel free to pm me at [E-Mail Removed] if interested.
[URL Removed]
Last edited by Tom on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed some unnecessary information.
macgizzard

Post by macgizzard »

Looking forward to having this installed. :( I am running 3.0.5 and used automod after manually loading the root files to the specified locations. I have not ran the install file yet.
I received the following error messages. I have two mods installed Olympus Quick Reply and TopicTextHover.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

File edits
language/en/common.php
Find
'CHANGING_PROFILE' => 'Changing forum profile settings',
Find
'VIEWED' => 'Viewed',
Add After
//-- mod : AJAX Chat ----------------------------------------------------
//-- add
'VIEWING_CHAT' => 'Viewing Shoutbox',
//-- fin mod : AJAX Chat ------------------------------------------------

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

includes/functions.php
Find
'U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS' => ($user->data['user_perm_from'] && $auth->acl_get('a_switchperm')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=restore_perm') : '',
Add After
//-- add
'U_CHAT' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}chat.$phpEx"),

styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find
Comment: this is a partial find, the actual line is much longer.
<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a>
In-Line Find
This MOD has an invalid instruction, or an in-line find operation failed.

So I downloaded all the files to be edited, edited them and uploaded them (I did not force the install in the previous Automod failed install). Ran the install and it showed to be a successful database update.
I cannot stay logged in to the forum, it shows me to be logged in but kicks me back to the login and the following error is above the phpBB header on the login page.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

HEP ME PLEEZE LORD :mrgreen: Yes I have a full backup prior to the install that I can reload but I am going to wait on a response because the Shoutbox is such a favorite of my users.
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

Is there any scope of adding the smilies and bbcode box to the chat box with "click to open" option?
For phpbb3.0.5
Thanks
Shamiro

Post by Shamiro »

Thx for the mod, and one more thing:
How to change angles and sides colors of this Ajax chat?
Look at my board, chat is without colors and, how to add some colors there?
noob5

Post by noob5 »

Zstroyer wrote:I'm looking for someone here with a lot of knowledge on the installation of this mod. Willing to pay someone if they install it for me.

I tried numerous times, but it never comes out correct. My last attempts succeeded in installing the mod but it somehow disabled the forum login function, preventing anyone to login.

Feel free to pm me at [E-Mail Removed] if interested.
[URL Removed]

I will do it for u.. free of charge... just pm me
Last edited by noob5 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noob5

Post by noob5 »

Shamiro wrote:Thx for the mod, and one more thing:
How to change angles and sides colors of this Ajax chat?
Look at my board, chat is without colors and, how to add some colors there?
Well really the shoutbox integrates wit the style u have... if you look at it.. the colors are the same as your style... so if u wanna change the color u'll have to change the shoutbox class code in the chat_body.html and the chat_archive.html(only assuming if you have the archive)...

for example

<style type="text/css">
.chat_bg {
background-color:six digit hex code here;
}
</style>
noob5

Post by noob5 »

macgizzard wrote:Looking forward to having this installed. :( I am running 3.0.5 and used automod after manually loading the root files to the specified locations. I have not ran the install file yet.
I received the following error messages. I have two mods installed Olympus Quick Reply and TopicTextHover.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

File edits
language/en/common.php
Find
'CHANGING_PROFILE' => 'Changing forum profile settings',
Find
'VIEWED' => 'Viewed',
Add After
//-- add
'VIEWING_CHAT' => 'Viewing Shoutbox',

includes/functions.php
Find
'U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS' => ($user->data['user_perm_from'] && $auth->acl_get('a_switchperm')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=restore_perm') : '',
Add After
//-- add
'U_CHAT' => append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}chat.$phpEx"),

styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Find
Comment: this is a partial find, the actual line is much longer.
<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a>
In-Line Find
This MOD has an invalid instruction, or an in-line find operation failed.

So I downloaded all the files to be edited, edited them and uploaded them (I did not force the install in the previous Automod failed install). Ran the install and it showed to be a successful database update.
I cannot stay logged in to the forum, it shows me to be logged in but kicks me back to the login and the following error is above the phpBB header on the login page.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3830: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

HEP ME PLEEZE LORD :mrgreen: Yes I have a full backup prior to the install that I can reload but I am going to wait on a response because the Shoutbox is such a favorite of my users.

looks like u have some extra codes...... maybe u should do the restore and do it manually usuing "Notpad++ withouth bom"... if u need help i will assist u..
k3mikal

Post by k3mikal »

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8
Hi,

First, thank you for this great mod!
I have a question:
I want to know if it's possible to invert
the place of new messages.
(new messages at the bottom and old messages at the top)

Thank's for the answers.

Bye.

(Sorry for my bad English, i'm French! ;))
that has been asked in this thread but no one replied, i would like an answer for the same question please. thank you.
hi
k3mikal

Post by k3mikal »

ops sorry for the double post
hi
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

Yes, it's possible. You would just have to know how to modify the HTML to be able to do it and you would also have to know some javascript to make the scrolling perfect… I've done it once before, so it can be done.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
k3mikal

Post by k3mikal »

hello sir, thanks for replying, could you please guide me through it?
hi
neonshares

Post by neonshares »

How to uninstall the ajax chat mod? What are the tables need to be dropped and how?

I will make file edits manually but problem with the database table deletion. Can anyone help?

Please help.

Thanks
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

neonshares wrote:How to uninstall the ajax chat mod? What are the tables need to be dropped and how?

I will make file edits manually but problem with the database table deletion. Can anyone help?

Please help.

Thanks
Just enter your phpmyadmin and drop the tables phpbb_chat & phpbb_chat_sessions.
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
noob5

Post by noob5 »

Handyman` wrote:Yes, it's possible. You would just have to know how to modify the HTML to be able to do it and you would also have to know some javascript to make the scrolling perfect… I've done it once before, so it can be done.
hmm wouldn't it be more of the javascipt?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”