[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Re: [BETA] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by Dragosvr92 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am

yes i readed your post ...
and i know it wasnt directed to me

i asked you to make a file with the instructions to upgrade to your chat version
and instead of replying me you replyed someone else ignoring my post
so i was ignored :D

theres nothing wrong with your post

you wasnt rude to the guy that asked support you were just rude by posting to him and ignoring my question .. xD
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 am

TheKiller wrote:yes i readed your post ...
and i know it wasnt directed to me

i asked you to make a file with the instructions to upgrade to your chat version
and instead of replying me you replyed someone else ignoring my post
so i was ignored :D

theres nothing wrong with your post

you wasnt rude to the guy that asked support you were just rude by posting to him and ignoring my question .. xD
To upgrade, simply update the old files with the ones in the zip.
No need to run the install script since it's already installed.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:30 am

no thank you i dont want to upgrade anymore :D

Deacon_Frost

Post by Deacon_Frost » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:59 pm

TheKiller wrote:no thank you i dont want to upgrade anymore :D

How useless was all the fuss then?

Great Work on the Mod! <3

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:43 am

Deacon_Frost wrote:
TheKiller wrote:no thank you i dont want to upgrade anymore :D

How useless was all the fuss then?

Great Work on the Mod! <3
Excuse me but i don't think that's your business ! :D
You've just registrated and have nothing better to do that reply here?

jalone

Post by jalone » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:31 pm

hi, i tried to install, i execute all the steps in install.xml but at the end when i try to reach chat_install.php i get a blank page. same with all other forum and admin pages :(

it's a 3.0.6 brande new. no others mod, no other styles, no mesasges..no topics...just the italian translation ( but i do created and edited italian language files and folders too ).

help me please
thank you

JmZ

Post by JmZ » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:07 pm

This is a great mod but personally I dislike the layout.
I've modified mine to be much more compact and minimalistic.

Also, you may want to consider adding a BBCode filter of some kind into it at some point, otherwise you get the occasional irritant posting CODE tags and such.

I've currently just used a piece of regex to do it, but there may be an easier way to do it in phpBB which I don't know of:

After line 168, chat.php

Code: Select all

while(preg_match('#\[/?(img|quote|code)?\]#i',$message))
        $message = preg_replace('#\[/?(img|quote|code)?\]#i','',$message);
Clearly, in this case I've hardcoded the "bad" tags, but you could easily change that.

Also, why are there two files? Chat.php and Shout.php even though they contain very similar code.

novanilla

Post by novanilla » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 pm

I've set this chatbox up to open in a separate (smaller) window when a chat link is clicked. I'd like to run a script that allows the chat window to open on login, but only if an option is flagged in the UCP to do so. Anybody have a simple way of setting this up?

Thanks

jmaraujo
Name: Juan

Post by jmaraujo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:25 am

Anyone having problem with the minimum char limit (TOO_FEW_CHARS_LIMIT) from phpBB v3.0.6? :oops:

If I set a minimum char limit for my forum's posts it also affects the chat window...

Reedals

Post by Reedals » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi guys - nearly 200 pages to the thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned....I actually want an integrated chat room for my forum - somethink that is linked, pops up in a new window rather than a shoutbox....

The thread title is also Ajax Chat - I note they have a seperate website for this....is it still being developed on this forum as well ?

I installed the version via the official site and had loads of issues with it working .. also not sure there is any real support for it so I have canned the idea for now..

I guess im just checking whether a version of Ajax Chat is still being developed here ?

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Reedals wrote:Hi guys - nearly 200 pages to the thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned....I actually want an integrated chat room for my forum - somethink that is linked, pops up in a new window rather than a shoutbox....

The thread title is also Ajax Chat - I note they have a seperate website for this....is it still being developed on this forum as well ?

I installed the version via the official site and had loads of issues with it working .. also not sure there is any real support for it so I have canned the idea for now..

I guess im just checking whether a version of Ajax Chat is still being developed here ?
I believe the AJAX Chat you're talking about is by madblueimp - that should help you find it :)
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Jamy

Post by Jamy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm getting this message when I try to install the database changes

Code: Select all

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/parahunt/public_html/phpBB3/adm/chat_install.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/parahunt/public_html/phpBB3/adm/chat_install.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/parahunt/public_html/phpBB3/adm/chat_install.php on line 15

Brandon Matthews

Post by Brandon Matthews » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

A great big thank you for this mod. I am yet another non tech guy who has managed to install an ajax chat room and shout box...both work so I am thrilled...the chat room has been live for a while now. I decided to add a shout box to my main forum page so that guests could see what they are missing.

First. I would like to know if I can make the shoutbox mirror the chat room activity. They seem to be working independent of one another.

Second. In IE, the shoutbox is there but not usable. There is no place to enter text, but in firefox it is there. Did I miss a step in the install or am I missing an IE stylesheet?

Third. Since installing the shoutbox, my forum page is titled "untitled document" Did this override the sitename and/or description. The meta tags are still there but seem to be inactive.

The shoutbox is at www.satwaves.com/forum

The chatroom is at satwaves.com/forum/chat & at satwaves.com/forum/talk (long story)

mej284

Post by mej284 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 pm

You appear to have you chat boxes installed on your site, this AJAX Chat mod which appears that you have removed the credits from the mod author. The other Chat (this is the one you get when you press the chat link) is from blueimp.net.

You will not get any assistance for this one in this thread.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style

Brandon Matthews

Post by Brandon Matthews » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 pm

are you responding to me? I have not removed anything...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”