[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ginny2689

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by ginny2689 »

Handyman` wrote:
ginny2689 wrote:
ginny2689 wrote:
yes i also need like this

so pls help us buddy abt these two problems

how can we add more smilies such that a new pop up will open having that rest smilies.

& about word censor too
hello handyman where are you

havn't solved out the problem
wht's going on?
Those are not problems.
Smilies are not a feature in this version and the word censor is already being used.
The problem of word censor isn't solved

that words which are added in phpbb3 word censor are not aplicable in chat room means those words are not replaced in chat room instead only they are replaced in posting
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

ginny2689 wrote:The problem of word censor isn't solved

that words which are added in phpbb3 word censor are not aplicable in chat room means those words are not replaced in chat room instead only they are replaced in posting
Unless you modified the chat so it doesn't use the word censor, then you're absolutely wrong here.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
All4Racing

Post by All4Racing »

I have got a problem where by I only want to allow the shoutbox to be viewable to certain groups.

However I can not seem to succeed with this as guests can still read everything when they go to the direct link /chat.php

If it is possible to block this it would be much appreciated if someone could let me know.

Thanks
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

OK, got the mod installed on my site, no prob, got a test setup on my local drive using Dave from STG's BBCode mod, and that works fine as well, had no problems customizing it. But what I need for it to do is allow guest posters.

On my forum, guest posting is an intricate part of the way it was designed. I recently upgraded my board from PhPBB2, and on the old version, I was using Niels shoutbox with a modified line or 2 to allow guest posting to make it work.

The guest was able to pick his moniker as well for the post.

I have seen this done with this shoutbox in other examples (screen shots), which I am assuming were using the beta 7 or earlier code. I am using the beta 8 which "FIXED" the "problem" that guest could post.

I've played around with the code, but haven't been able to quite figure it out.

Anybody have some code snippets ( USING SUBSILVER2 TYPE CODING) they could share to help me out here?

Sorry if this may have been answered before, I couldn't find the post.

Other then that, NICE WORK !!
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
mapb_1990

Post by mapb_1990 »

I installed this mod, and I have some problems. :cry: :cry: :cry:
the dates and times are not shown, the messages are cut when they are long and in ie7 the columns are not in the right place.

need help
thanks

link: http://www.anime-land.org/phpBB3/chat.php
ihermit

Post by ihermit »

Hey guys, how would I go about just displaying the time and not the date?
Severus_S

Post by Severus_S »

i'm having somewhat of a problem with this mod.
(sorry if the answer is in here anywhere, i tried the search and read quite a lot of this thread, but didnt find it then).
i installed in on phpbb3.01. no error messages, the chat page is shown when i call it directly via chat.php, but i cannot get it to show on my index.
i did the installs for pro silver, refreshed anything fromn imageset to whole cache not once but several times, tried it in IE7, opera and firefox...it doesnt show up.

the forum has portal XL5 plain, and gender mod installed.
anybody help please?
Can we agree to disagree to the concept of god?
Nevermore
nebulousfluff

Post by nebulousfluff »

I've tried installing this a few times, but I keep getting the same errors after editing common.php.
I'm using phpbb 3.0.1. No other mods currently installed. Semi-live forum.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

Also, how would I get this to work with the AcidtechX theme?
Thanks
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Did you install the new lines into the SQL?

When I first installed the MOD on my local drive, I got the same errors until I did the SQL steps, after which, everything worked just fine.
The procedure is
browse to chat_install.php?mode=install to install the chat database.
Remove the chat_install.php when you are finished

So it would look something like this typed in your browser: (make sure you are logged in)

Code: Select all

http://www.yourdomain.com/chat_install.php?mode=install
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org »

I read your mod description and have some questions. You put "features" and "roadmap" in your first post. How is it different from each other? They seemed similar, but you separated them so, I thought there must be a reason.

Will you consider having all or some of the features that this chat box has?

Can moderators (not just Admins) ban offending users from your chat box?
Does your chat box have Easy customization through stylesheets (CSS) and templates?
Can I edit your chat box to make it fit my forum's current theme?

Does your chat box has this "Multiple languages (auto-detection of ACCEPT_LANGUAGE browser setting)"? I didn't see it mention in the description of your mod, but I want to ask to make sure that I did not miss anything.

Does your chat box survives connection timeouts?

Does your chat box have Splitting of long words to preserve chat layout?

Please reply soon. Thanks.
sausebaby

Post by sausebaby »

Hello
sorry - can no English, :oops: a übersetzungsseite use (Google) - I hope we can still somehow understand. ;)

I have the beautiful chatbox a built http://www.sausebaby.net/forum/index.php

Test Account: test
passw.: tester

My problems:

no automatic shouten into the box:

the text is not automitisch transported into the box. I have to complete the entry each page reload :-(
Unfortunately, I have since found nothing to meet what is or what I have done wrong. 've been on despair.
for tips and help I'd be very grateful.

chatmod problem with:
if I chatmod überschreibe, is the full prosilver styles away. :-( And no buttons to delete the shouts.
shame that would have me as addon very much.

for help I'd be very grateful
Greetings
liebe grüße von sausebaby
http://www.sausebaby.de
comarzysko

Post by comarzysko »

handyman, how to enable page splitting for example every 20 post?

thx
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

comarzysko wrote:handyman, how to enable page splitting for example every 20 post?

thx
I won't be adding any new features till I work on the next version… I haven't gotten to RC1 because there are a ton of changes I want to make and features to add before the actual release… so it's still a ways away… but it's stable currently.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
comarzysko

Post by comarzysko »

I won't be adding any new features till I work on the next version… I haven't gotten to RC1 because there are a ton of changes I want to make and features to add before the actual release… so it's still a ways away… but it's stable currently.
But it's working properly on 3.0.1. I haven't any problems yet. I think that page splitting is one of these important features.
sausebaby

Post by sausebaby »

But for me it still does not :roll:
liebe grüße von sausebaby
http://www.sausebaby.de

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”