[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
creolejazz

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by creolejazz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:55 pm

There are several suggestions being made over on our message board as to why it's working on the chat/php page and not the index page. I don't think any of these suggestions are the cure-all solution but they may provide a clue. I'd sure like to get this solved. Any help appreciated.

Here's the link to the discussion thread.

I still suspect it has to do with the overall_header file which differed from that in the instructions. Anyone?

Wizard Sleeve

Post by Wizard Sleeve » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:38 am

Wizard Sleeve wrote:Hey there, I installed this primarily to use as a shout box as i already have a chat room.. and I must say I am actually Rather impressed with the results.. so thank you for this awesome plugin.

One thing I have noticed though, it hasn't recognised any of my MODERATORS as moderators.. it seems to have bunched everything into either ADMINS or USERS.

I have a few different groups within my site, some are mod groups, some are special groups for long term memebers, and I was wondering how I could get their colors in the shoutbox.

Also I have noticed it has changed all my members with a space in their name to having an _ in their name.. its not a big issue, but you know how people LOVE to complain.

Anyway if their is anyone who can guide me in the right direction to fix this that would be great.. thank you :)
It seems my question was glossed over and has been lost in a couple of pages of text so i am posting it again in the hope some one reads it

I also have another question... I am using this as a shoutbox, it fits perfectly in my theme when i set the store thingy to 5 lines, but i was wondering if there is a way to access previous messages... for example if 2 people enter a conversation.. one goes to the loo and the other keeps talking.. you lose half of what they say

creolejazz

Post by creolejazz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 pm

creolejazz wrote:Ah. OK, I've got it showing up at the bottom of my index page now.

http://www.leapgamers.com/messageboard/phpBB3/index.php

But it doesn't work, even after logging in. No error messages, and I can type in the box, but nothing happens when hitting submit. But it works fine when I go here to try it:

http://www.leapgamers.com/messageboard/phpBB3/chat.php

Board version 3.0.4.
Syle: subsilver2

Ideas?
I have given up on this and will try a different shoutbox. Thank you to those who tried to help though.

Chronic22601

Post by Chronic22601 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm

ok well i need help

Im getting this in the shoutbox after every message sent
and at the top of my forum

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
i redid everything twice. I tried it all the first time well it failed i went back over and double checked the mods and they were correct so i figured maybe it inputted into the sql wrong i removed the sql entry's for it and redid the install file and im still getting this error

also im using the Protocol theme

i used the subsilver theme stuff cause when i applied my arcade mod the prosilver didnt work so i assume the theme was based off subsilver

also btw if u need to see it for yourself heres my forum http://chronic-server.mine.nu/forum/index.php

if this isnt fixable can u tell me how to remove it cause i tried removing all the mod's and the files and sql entries and it still showed the stuff at the top cause windows screwed up and deleted my backup T_T i was in the folder and hit back and it popped up a error and my backup poofed

well i hope i can get help to make it work cause i really like it

thanx any help would be apreciated ^^

kber

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox Mod

Post by kber » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:21 am

3Di wrote:Please provide a direct download link with no restriction. As per the Forum Rules. Thank you. ;)
:!:
Hello All

Chronic22601

Post by Chronic22601 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 am

huh?

chicodj

Post by chicodj » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:48 pm

how can i enable guest to view the AJAX Chat/Shoutbox? thanks

1234homie

Post by 1234homie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:16 pm

how enable Author Delete option?

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 pm

chicodj wrote:how can i enable guest to view the AJAX Chat/Shoutbox? thanks
they already can.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Chronic22601

Post by Chronic22601 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Chronic22601 wrote:ok well i need help

Im getting this in the shoutbox after every message sent
and at the top of my forum

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
i redid everything twice. I tried it all the first time well it failed i went back over and double checked the mods and they were correct so i figured maybe it inputted into the sql wrong i removed the sql entry's for it and redid the install file and im still getting this error

also im using the Protocol theme

i used the subsilver theme stuff cause when i applied my arcade mod the prosilver didnt work so i assume the theme was based off subsilver

also btw if u need to see it for yourself heres my forum http://chronic-server.mine.nu/forum/index.php

if this isnt fixable can u tell me how to remove it cause i tried removing all the mod's and the files and sql entries and it still showed the stuff at the top cause windows screwed up and deleted my backup T_T i was in the folder and hit back and it popped up a error and my backup poofed

well i hope i can get help to make it work cause i really like it

thanx any help would be apreciated ^^
Can some1 please help me?

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:39 am

Chronic22601 wrote:Can some1 please help me?
when you saved common.php, you saved it with a BOM signature.
Resave the file and make sure it doesn't have a BOM signature.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

Cyborgzz

Post by Cyborgzz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm

FROM WHERE I CAN CHANGE THE HEIGHT OF SHOUT BOX

Luigi17

Post by Luigi17 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello I have a problem

at my forum where there is login and member list and so on is because even chat and there is no icon, how can I as an icon for people?

Last edited by Luigi17 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Cyborgzz wrote:FROM WHERE I CAN CHANGE THE HEIGHT OF SHOUT BOX
I believe it is in chat_body.html. If you scroll down a bit, you should see some CSS code. I believe .shouts is the one you want, just change the height value.

Chronic22601

Post by Chronic22601 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 am

Handyman` wrote:
Chronic22601 wrote:Can some1 please help me?
when you saved common.php, you saved it with a BOM signature.
Resave the file and make sure it doesn't have a BOM signature.
BOM signature? explain?

Edit- Ok i saved it as acii or w/e and it works thanx and <3 google =P

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”