[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
i101

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by i101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 pm

I am trying to install the AJAX Chat for my board that uses the Echotech Design.. Therefore I followed the instructions until the point where it says:
Open: styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
I opend:

Code: Select all

/phpbb3/styles/Echotech/template/overall_header.html
and searched for

<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a>
but instead I found this:

<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
I guess this is the same? Or am I wrong? If not I followed the Instruction and added before:

<li><a href="{U_CHAT}" onclick="popup(this.href, 750, 500); return false;"{L_CHAT_EXPLAIN}" class="icon_members">{L_CHAT}</a>&nbsp;
			<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a></li>

Unfortunately nothing changed, the board can be loaded without Problems. But there also aint no Chat.
Any advice on what has gone wrong?

Edit: Ok I checked it double and it works for the Prosilver Theme. Only flaw is that there is no icon in the linklist AND no avatars inside the chat. Now I gotta make it work for the Echotech Theme shomehow.

Big THANK YOU to the dev!

kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

i101 wrote:

<li><a href="{U_CHAT}" onclick="popup(this.href, 750, 500); return false;"{L_CHAT_EXPLAIN}" class="icon_members">{L_CHAT}</a>&nbsp;
The reason there isn't an image with that is that Handyman misspelled the class name. It should be this:

class="icon-members"
Instead of this:

class="icon_members"
Also, if the chat isn't showing up on your index page, clear your cache.

i101

Post by i101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 pm

kmklr72 wrote:Also, if the chat isn't showing up on your index page, clear your cache.
It works mate! Thank you. Do you maybe know how to show Avatars too?

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't think anyone has created the ability to have avatars in the chat. I don't think it would take too much code to achieve this effect though.

i101

Post by i101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Oh.. I didnt know this. On page 119 Edgar Davis said:
edgar davids wrote: 2. How do you remove avatars?
Thats why wondered where my "avatars" left ;). Last Question I hope you or anyone else can answer me..
How can I it possible that the Chatlog gets delated, as soon nobody is in there anymore? I noticed that guests can read everything what has been written. Or am I wrong here?

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:41 pm

He might have coded them in or someone coded them in. They don't come default in the chat, unless you are thinking about smilies, which do appear in the chat. The quote from jimcarrel backs me up on this one:
jimcarrel wrote:Avatars? how did you get them in the chat,,, just remove the code
As for the messages being deleted, I think they get deleted after 75 or so (no idea, just taking a guess). You can add some code to the template file to make it so guests can't see the chat. Here is how you would do that:

In chat_body.html, before:

<!-- IF S_GET_CHAT -->
Add:

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
And after:

<!-- ENDIF -->
(the last one in the file) Add:

<!-- ENDIF -->

alf007

Post by alf007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:44 pm

For Avatars in chat:

In chat_body.html

<dt>{chatrow.USERNAME_FULL}</dt>
Add after

<!-- IF chatrow.USER_AVATAR -->
										<dd>{chatrow.USER_AVATAR}</dd>
									<!-- ENDIF -->
x 2 times

In chat.php
Replace

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM ' . CHAT_TABLE . ' ORDER BY message_id DESC';
with

$sql = 'SELECT c.*, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_avatar_width, u.user_avatar_height
				FROM ' . CHAT_TABLE . ' as c, ' . USERS_TABLE . ' as u
				WHERE c.user_id = u.user_id
				ORDER BY message_id DESC';
Find

if ($count++ == 0)
Add before

$row['avatar'] = ($user->optionget('viewavatars')) ? get_user_avatar($row['user_avatar'], $row['user_avatar_type'], $row['user_avatar_width'], $row['user_avatar_height']) : '';
Find

'USERNAME_FULL'	=> clean_username(get_username_string('full', $row['user_id'], $row['username'], $row['user_colour'], $user->lang['GUEST'])),
Add after

'USER_AVATAR'	=> $row['avatar'],
That should be good :)

i101

Post by i101 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Reading the Chat log aint anymore available, thank you a lot. Regarding the Avatars I get the following Error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_user_avatar() in /is/htdocs/wp1121944_FR9CFXW6W0/www/phpbb3/chat.php on line 67

Arorrah

Post by Arorrah » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Please help ... I am following all the install instructions but still getting this error. I edited the two noted files with notepad. Thank you for any help. :~)

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 pm

i101 wrote:Reading the Chat log aint anymore available, thank you a lot. Regarding the Avatars I get the following Error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_user_avatar() in /is/htdocs/wp1121944_FR9CFXW6W0/www/phpbb3/chat.php on line 67
That error is showing that the get_user_avatar function isn't defined, which means it doesn't work as you very well know. I'm not sure if it is in the phpBB core, and if it is, I don't know which file it is in, and I don't have the time to take a look. Hopefully someone can help you with this problem.
Arorrah wrote:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Please help ... I am following all the install instructions but still getting this error. I edited the two noted files with notepad. Thank you for any help. :~)
Notepad is a very bad editor. It leaves BOM which causes errors on code execution. Might I recommend using Notepad++ as an editor. You should be able to open the file and re-save it without the BOM.

naushadhassam

Post by naushadhassam » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:49 pm

how do i add the chat box on viewforum instead on the index :)
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 pm

naushadhassam wrote:how do i add the chat box on viewforum instead on the index :)
Somewhere in viewforum_body.html, add:

<!-- INCLUDE chat_body.html -->

alf007

Post by alf007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:58 pm

For get_user_avatar()

In chat.php

find

include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);
Add after

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_display.' . $phpEx);

danny616

Post by danny616 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 am

Hey guys i finally got the chat installed i wasnt useing notepad ++. but now that i have it installed and fully working its at the bottom of my forum how do i get it to the top above my forums/categorys ?

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 am

In index_body.html, put <!-- INCLUDE chat_body.html --> before <!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”