[ABD] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jimcarrel

Re: [Beta] AJAX Chat/Shoutbox MOD 2.0.0 Beta 8

Post by jimcarrel »

jimcarrel wrote:
dharmil wrote:how to resize the shoutbox great mod thanks :)
Posts on page 5 of this thread is a good start.
clever, this was 5 posts up, and on the same page, go figure :oops:
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve
tj1182

Post by tj1182 »

jimcarrel wrote:
jimcarrel wrote:
dharmil wrote:how to resize the shoutbox great mod thanks :)
Posts on page 5 of this thread is a good start.
clever, this was 5 posts up, and on the same page, go figure :oops:
:shock: I wasn't paying attention, my bad.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

tj1182 wrote:Is there a way I can resize the chat box? I want it a little smaller and centered.
so edit the template.
That's what it's there for.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
kam009

Post by kam009 »

I have installed your mod on my board (gold) and it works perfectly fine... great mod.. Thnx

i was wonder if i should be able to see some setting of this mod in the ACP? if yes, i don't see any MOD tab beside the SYSTEM tab, have i done something wrong? Thnx

also what futures are in this mod like color or tags and ect. and what are you planing for this mod? :)

regards,
K
kam009

Post by kam009 »

Ok i got a problem here, I edited the template file but still i couldn't edit the width of each shout (X) and also i wanted to edit the width of where the user's name appears (Y)but couldn't. Anyone!

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

kam009 wrote:Ok i got a problem here, I edited the template file but still i couldn't edit the width of each shout (X) and also i wanted to edit the width of where the user's name appears (Y)but couldn't. Anyone!

If no one beats me to it, I will try to give you the info on edits, later on. Too much family Holiday stuff right now.
But I can tell you this right now.
1st off I see your (X) as height, not width.

when you change y, ------x (width also has to be changed, the two work together in order to fill the total width.

.shouts is you x width
.online list is your y width, both together have to = 100%

this is all found way down in chat_body.html

more later on, if I can find my self made sheet on edit explainations
By the way,,, Happy New Year!
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

jimcarrel wrote:Handyman, now don't go getting used to staying off of the computer, lol.
Have a good respite, and a Happy New Year to you
Happy New Year! I hope you had a good one.
I've been away from my computer most the time for the last 2 weeks and it looks like it's going to be about 2 more… so I'm getting used to it :P
But I'll be back to finish this.

Notice the changes we made to this so far? http://startrekguide.com
the subsilver style has been undergoing quite a few changes thanks to Sniper_E, and I'm sure he'll get to the prosilver one when he finishes his new style.

We also added a sound for when somebody else posts… it's pretty nifty… unless you don't have the flash plugin installed… which is the way it comes by default with Windows :cry:
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Handyman` wrote:We also added a sound for when somebody else posts… it's pretty nifty… unless you don't have the flash plugin installed… which is the way it comes by default with Windows :cry:
Windows Vista I assume. Windows XP doesn't come with it, and people will still install XP.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

greetings, Handyman,
I looked all through StarTrek guide. Saw quite a few posts related to a sound that somebody said they added. But the actual edit was a no go.
Maybe it was edited out of post at some point in time?
I'd sure be interested in trying this sound thing.
Sometimes there is an occasion to watch for a shout to come thru, but if pressed to be doing something in the meantime, you can not set there and watch the screen. a notification sound would be marvelous.
drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

jimcarrel wrote:a notification sound would be marvelous.
haha and I'm of the opposite opinion. Our chatbox gets thousands of posts each day ... so it would be a constant source of noise ;) I'm all for an option sound for those who need it though :)
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

jimcarrel wrote:greetings, Handyman,
I looked all through StarTrek guide. Saw quite a few posts related to a sound that somebody said they added. But the actual edit was a no go.
Maybe it was edited out of post at some point in time?
I'd sure be interested in trying this sound thing.
Sometimes there is an occasion to watch for a shout to come thru, but if pressed to be doing something in the meantime, you can not set there and watch the screen. a notification sound would be marvelous.
It will be an option in the next version :)
You'll see things popup in the StarTrekGuide chat box from time to time and if it remains, it will be an option in the final version :)

Many added the sound, but not without issues… I had to make a few changes in the php to make it work, so it's not an easy go.
kam009

Post by kam009 »

Ok i got a problem here, I edited the template file but still i couldn't edit the height of each shout (X) and also i wanted to edit the width of where the user's name appears (Y)but couldn't. Anyone!

drewtscott

Post by drewtscott »

kam009 wrote:Ok i got a problem here, I edited the template file but still i couldn't edit the height of each shout (X) and also i wanted to edit the width of where the user's name appears (Y)but couldn't. Anyone!
You posted this earlier in this topic, and it has been answered at least once earlier in the topic :) On this page in fact.
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Handyman` wrote:Many added the sound, but not without issues… I had to make a few changes in the php to make it work, so it's not an easy go.
You know, you CAN use javaScript to include files, and play content without it looping on click. :| Use innerHTML (or outerHTML) and the embed tag. Although Firefox users will need to download the WMP plugin (or quicktime.)
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

iyeru42 wrote:
Handyman` wrote:Many added the sound, but not without issues… I had to make a few changes in the php to make it work, so it's not an easy go.
You know, you CAN use javaScript to include files, and play content without it looping on click. :| Use innerHTML (or outerHTML) and the embed tag. Although Firefox users will need to download the WMP plugin (or quicktime.)
that's exactly how it's done ;)
I'm not new to Javascript :P

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”