[ABD] Highway Referral Invitation MOD - 0.1.0c

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Overhead

Re: [BETA] Highway Referral Invitation MOD - 0.1.0c

Post by Overhead »

@ Highway of Life

is it possible to change the link to the ucp_register to another place like an application form, cos we allow only new users to register when they make an application to our forum and make a voting about the new applicants. Even those which win 50 % + 1 vote of all active members are allowed to register in our forum.

Your mod should be healthy for us to invitate persons to give us an application to be a member in our forum.

Is there a possibility for that add on?

cu Overhead
kiddo

Post by kiddo »

I am not sure if I will sound like a donkey now or not, but wanted to ask which features are working on this version.

In the first post I see features and upcoming features and am not sure which are done so far.

I am sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but want to make sure what works before installing it.

thanks in advance
kiddo
mag1803178

Post by mag1803178 »

Ok I have someone who helps me add all mods and updates to my board but he has been so busy lately. So please help this dummy and tell me how to add this to my board. I have never added a mod before so you will need to be specific. I want to start learning how to do things for my self and not rely on someone else to do it.
Melissa
http://www.consumerqueen.com "click on forums"
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

any updates yet HOL?? still patiently waiting...
bhoopalan

Post by bhoopalan »

yea me too
tellusa

Post by tellusa »

Hello Highway of Life, and thank you for investing the time in to building this first Mod, it seems to be a fantastic idea, and obviously a much needed feature.

I installed phpBB v3, two days ago, and this referral/invitation was "the" feature I needed; however, what I need is the ability to make a forum completely private, where existing users can invite others to join... otherwise, there would be no way for any new users to register. My requirement seem pretty simple (I don't mean "easy" to impelement though).. Basically, the existing users can enter their friends' email address(es) and the system will send each of them an email with a link, where the link cannot be passed on to anyone else, and is meant only for the initial recepient (otherwise, it would be a mess).

Of course all the other listed features for this project sound fantastic, and some seem to be necessary.

I've looked at the other 2 related MODs, but they (U2U and the original) are for phpBB v2, so I don't want to mess with that just yet.

Here are "some" of challenges I've faced thus far:

1) I couldn't figure out where in the heck to download the most recent zipped file for this MOD.... each time I found a new link to the download, and when I unzipped, the dates of the files were different.

2) So finally, I decided to use the one that had files dated "11/20/2007", as it was the most recent one I found... the others were from July 2007 and prior (if I remember correctly), etc.

3) I went through the instructions of installing the MOD, which I'm pretty sure I did correctly, because after spending the time, the ONLY thing I got was a new text field in the registration form asking for the username of the person referring them, but with further research (going through every darned screen within the admin control panel), and finally noticed that within the User Control Panel, there is a section where you can see how many referrals a user has successfully referred to register.

4) I read through referral.php (other files as well), and would have a hard time believing that this is only to add the basics that I mentioned in #3 above, so I feel I have done something wrong (I'm not a new to this type of thing by the way) or missed a step, so I went through the whole process again, reviewed the ACP again (page by page), and HOURS later, I have not gained anything worthwile.

**** Am I supposed to see something other than the new text field within the registration form ***
If So, then in what screens of the Admin/User control panel(s)?

Perhaps I'm getting a bit old for this (been at it since 1995)?!

So here's my suggestion...

1) Find a single location (even if it is on your own Website), where you have a link to the most recent and always updated download.

2) Clearly identify, which features "are" already included in the download, and which ones "will be" included in the future releases, and keep this list updated. Otherwise, I'm sure there are others like me that have no idea what to look for... if it wasn't for the last item of your instruction (in the install file), it would have taken me more time to know that there is a new text field in the registration form.

Thank you again for volunteering your time to do this, and have no doubt that once the "true" first release is complete, you will be loved by this entire community, probably more than you already are.

Basically, all the research and reading through all these posts have "drained" me of pretty much everything, I almost want to throw my laptop out the window :) ... but I still haven't called you any names :)

Lastly, please let me know if I've done something wrong, and hopefully I'll find out that I've missed something important that could help get my basic requirements of this MOD.

PLEASE tell me that there is more to this MOD than just to add the text field to capture the username of the referral (at least, how to mke this text field a "requied" field).

Thanks in advance,

--s
Last edited by tellusa on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

first off... this mod is for phpbb3 not phpbb2
tellusa

Post by tellusa »

Thanks.. I understand... I do indeed need the MOD for phpBB v3... NOT v2.
jerryong

Post by jerryong »

Great Mod. other than phpbb3 RC7, Is it Compatible wif Phpbb Version 3.0.0 ? :D
jazzking2001

Post by jazzking2001 »

is there a demo?
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next
Surf007

Post by Surf007 »

Gr8 Mod once again HOL

I installed it on 3.0.0 everything is working fine showing refrals in ucp and on registration just a little problem in memberlist-

In referal collumn it is showing solid blue color in whole line Like this-

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/162/70436871qv6.jpg
lollos

Post by lollos »

Can u post the subsilcer2 changes please?
ghettowboy

Post by ghettowboy »

there are none as of yet..... been waiting myself... hopefully HOL is/or will be working on the next update for this soon.. he had said amongst other things the subsilver2 edits will be included
grawat

Post by grawat »

Thanks for the mod. I installed it on my test forum and so fa I have only been able to see one field in the registration page where the user can enter the username of the person who referred them and once that is done. The User statistics of the user who had referred show Referrals:1 (or whatever). Is that all this mod does so far or is there something else as well ? Am I supposed to enable something in ACP or somewhere else ? And how is a user supposed to refer someone does he actually have to use gmail (or whatever) or is there someplace on the forum where he can enter his friends email and then an invitation is sent automatically ?
lollos

Post by lollos »

Are there Subsilver2-based edits available?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”