[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:31 pm

I think all you could do is add in standard keys where the special ones would be...

e.g. Jānis comes out as Jnis but there's nothing stopping you putting in a regular 'a' to make it Janis?
Your forum username is unaffected and your Wordpress username would be as close to it as possible...

Of course, the downside is that you'd have to do that for every user who asked...
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

RazerRazer
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by RazerRazer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

AYBG wrote:I think all you could do is add in standard keys where the special ones would be...

e.g. Jānis comes out as Jnis but there's nothing stopping you putting in a regular 'a' to make it Janis?
Your forum username is unaffected and your Wordpress username would be as close to it as possible...

Of course, the downside is that you'd have to do that for every user who asked...
Yea, that is OK for a commuity with 100 users, but not with one with 10.000 user as my.

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm

But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

WordPress does support a display name that is different from the username. You could get users to customise these (In a future version I will look at having phpBB populate these).

If you really want to modify the WordPress usernames (not recommended), you would need to add a filter to the wordpress sanitize_user function. there is plenty of documentation on the web on how to create a plugin and add a filter. If you decide to go this route, I can't offer any support.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

RazerRazer
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by RazerRazer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Jhong wrote:But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

WordPress does support a display name that is different from the username. You could get users to customise these (In a future version I will look at having phpBB populate these).

If you really want to modify the WordPress usernames (not recommended), you would need to add a filter to the wordpress sanitize_user function. there is plenty of documentation on the web on how to create a plugin and add a filter. If you decide to go this route, I can't offer any support.
You've convinced me.

But only, when the user can't see the WP Username. In all blocks and pages I've used the tags of the file of the WPU .zip, but there I can't find a tag for the comments.php, like this:

Code: Select all

<?php comment_author_link() ?>
Is there a tag?

Thank you so much for this very great bridge. This bridge is funcion so much better as the Drupal, Joomla or Typo3 bridges I used. Thank you!

User avatar
Alxor
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Alxor » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:16 am

Hello has anyone tried this before...

I am wondering if you can use a wordpress plugin to gather rss feed news to be posted on the WP blog and also have the same rss feed news be posted somewhere in the forum (e.g. latest news) via the 'rss bot' from WP to the forum. Just wondering...

Great to see this mod alive again 8-)
SC2Nation.com - StarCraft 2 Forum

RazerRazer
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by RazerRazer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:15 am

RazerRazer wrote:
Jhong wrote:But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

WordPress does support a display name that is different from the username. You could get users to customise these (In a future version I will look at having phpBB populate these).

If you really want to modify the WordPress usernames (not recommended), you would need to add a filter to the wordpress sanitize_user function. there is plenty of documentation on the web on how to create a plugin and add a filter. If you decide to go this route, I can't offer any support.
You've convinced me.

But only, when the user can't see the WP Username. In all blocks and pages I've used the tags of the file of the WPU .zip, but there I can't find a tag for the comments.php, like this:

Code: Select all

<?php comment_author_link() ?>
Is there a tag?

Thank you so much for this very great bridge. This bridge is funcion so much better as the Drupal, Joomla or Typo3 bridges I used. Thank you!
So, it is really once the WP Usernsme in all WP.

Is there a WPU tag?

InsaneNutter
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by InsaneNutter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Has anyone got a mirror of the latest version of WP-United? The website looks to be down at the moment so I can’t download it, thanks.

MydnyteSyn
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:02 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by MydnyteSyn » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:43 am

I need this, too :)

Natural-Hazard
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Natural-Hazard » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 am

Hi, I've recently updated my phpbb3 forum to be SEO. I now however get the following error code in Wordpress when I try to add a post - Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_url() (previously declared in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/cms/wordpress/wp-includes/formatting.php:2041) in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/includes/functions_seo.php on line 58

Any help?

RazerRazer
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by RazerRazer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi!

I've got a really big problem, a bug?

So, I had a new editor, so I changed the role of it in the wp-admin to "Editor". In phpBB he is a registred user, because there is not a role "Editor". But when he visit the blog.php, his role is changing to "Subscriber". What I can do?
THANK YOU!

Adrian1
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Adrian1 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 am

RazerRazer wrote:Hi!

I've got a really big problem, a bug?

So, I had a new editor, so I changed the role of it in the wp-admin to "Editor". In phpBB he is a registred user, because there is not a role "Editor". But when he visit the blog.php, his role is changing to "Subscriber". What I can do?
THANK YOU!
You need to give the right permission first in phpbb(check the use roles and mod roles) i think.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 am

RazerRazer wrote:Hi!

I've got a really big problem, a bug?

So, I had a new editor, so I changed the role of it in the wp-admin to "Editor". In phpBB he is a registred user, because there is not a role "Editor". But when he visit the blog.php, his role is changing to "Subscriber". What I can do?
THANK YOU!
Hello,

Please read the WP-United user manual on setting permissions. Permissions for integrated users are controlled using the phpBB permissions system.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 am

Natural-Hazard wrote:Hi, I've recently updated my phpbb3 forum to be SEO. I now however get the following error code in Wordpress when I try to add a post - Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_url() (previously declared in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/cms/wordpress/wp-includes/formatting.php:2041) in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/includes/functions_seo.php on line 58

Any help?
Hello,

WP-United isn't currently compatible with the phPBB-SEO mod.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 am

Alxor wrote:Hello has anyone tried this before...

I am wondering if you can use a wordpress plugin to gather rss feed news to be posted on the WP blog and also have the same rss feed news be posted somewhere in the forum (e.g. latest news) via the 'rss bot' from WP to the forum. Just wondering...

Great to see this mod alive again 8-)
Hello,

Not sure what the RSS Bot is. Currently WP-United posts an excerpt of a blog post upon request. Any active content in a post that is parsed by a WordPress plugin would be stripped out of the phpBB excerpt. However, if your 'RSS bot' creates bona fide WordPress posts with static content, then it should be do-able.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Webbstre
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:06 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Webbstre » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:54 pm

I have tried the RSS bot before, and I have WP-United integrated with my site.... and the RSS Bot is terrible compared to the WP Integration.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”