[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
AYBG

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG »

I think all you could do is add in standard keys where the special ones would be...

e.g. Jānis comes out as Jnis but there's nothing stopping you putting in a regular 'a' to make it Janis?
Your forum username is unaffected and your Wordpress username would be as close to it as possible...

Of course, the downside is that you'd have to do that for every user who asked...
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!
RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer »

AYBG wrote:I think all you could do is add in standard keys where the special ones would be...

e.g. Jānis comes out as Jnis but there's nothing stopping you putting in a regular 'a' to make it Janis?
Your forum username is unaffected and your Wordpress username would be as close to it as possible...

Of course, the downside is that you'd have to do that for every user who asked...
Yea, that is OK for a commuity with 100 users, but not with one with 10.000 user as my.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

WordPress does support a display name that is different from the username. You could get users to customise these (In a future version I will look at having phpBB populate these).

If you really want to modify the WordPress usernames (not recommended), you would need to add a filter to the wordpress sanitize_user function. there is plenty of documentation on the web on how to create a plugin and add a filter. If you decide to go this route, I can't offer any support.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer »

Jhong wrote:But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

WordPress does support a display name that is different from the username. You could get users to customise these (In a future version I will look at having phpBB populate these).

If you really want to modify the WordPress usernames (not recommended), you would need to add a filter to the wordpress sanitize_user function. there is plenty of documentation on the web on how to create a plugin and add a filter. If you decide to go this route, I can't offer any support.
You've convinced me.

But only, when the user can't see the WP Username. In all blocks and pages I've used the tags of the file of the WPU .zip, but there I can't find a tag for the comments.php, like this:

Code: Select all

<?php comment_author_link() ?>
Is there a tag?

Thank you so much for this very great bridge. This bridge is funcion so much better as the Drupal, Joomla or Typo3 bridges I used. Thank you!
Alxor

Post by Alxor »

Hello has anyone tried this before...

I am wondering if you can use a wordpress plugin to gather rss feed news to be posted on the WP blog and also have the same rss feed news be posted somewhere in the forum (e.g. latest news) via the 'rss bot' from WP to the forum. Just wondering...

Great to see this mod alive again 8-)
SC2Nation.com - StarCraft 2 Forum
RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer »

RazerRazer wrote:
Jhong wrote:But why do you need the WordPress username to match? Users will never see them -- they log in and out via phpBB, not WordPress!

You've convinced me.

But only, when the user can't see the WP Username. In all blocks and pages I've used the tags of the file of the WPU .zip, but there I can't find a tag for the comments.php, like this:

Code: Select all

<?php comment_author_link() ?>
Is there a tag?

Thank you so much for this very great bridge. This bridge is funcion so much better as the Drupal, Joomla or Typo3 bridges I used. Thank you!
So, it is really once the WP Usernsme in all WP.

Is there a WPU tag?
InsaneNutter

Post by InsaneNutter »

Has anyone got a mirror of the latest version of WP-United? The website looks to be down at the moment so I can’t download it, thanks.
MydnyteSyn

Post by MydnyteSyn »

I need this, too :)
Natural-Hazard

Post by Natural-Hazard »

Hi, I've recently updated my phpbb3 forum to be SEO. I now however get the following error code in Wordpress when I try to add a post - Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_url() (previously declared in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/cms/wordpress/wp-includes/formatting.php:2041) in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/includes/functions_seo.php on line 58

Any help?
RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer »

Hi!

I've got a really big problem, a bug?

So, I had a new editor, so I changed the role of it in the wp-admin to "Editor". In phpBB he is a registred user, because there is not a role "Editor". But when he visit the blog.php, his role is changing to "Subscriber". What I can do?
THANK YOU!
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

RazerRazer wrote:Hi!

So, I had a new editor, so I changed the role of it in the wp-admin to "Editor". In phpBB he is a registred user, because there is not a role "Editor". But when he visit the blog.php, his role is changing to "Subscriber". What I can do?
THANK YOU!
You need to give the right permission first in phpbb(check the use roles and mod roles) i think.
RPG MOD for phpbb3
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

RazerRazer wrote:Hi!

THANK YOU!
Hello,

Please read the WP-United user manual on setting permissions. Permissions for integrated users are controlled using the phpBB permissions system.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Natural-Hazard wrote:Hi, I've recently updated my phpbb3 forum to be SEO. I now however get the following error code in Wordpress when I try to add a post - Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_url() (previously declared in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/cms/wordpress/wp-includes/formatting.php:2041) in /home/.dharma/breezeest/schola-draiochta.com/includes/functions_seo.php on line 58

Any help?
Hello,

WP-United isn't currently compatible with the phPBB-SEO mod.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Alxor wrote:Hello has anyone tried this before...

I am wondering if you can use a wordpress plugin to gather rss feed news to be posted on the WP blog and also have the same rss feed news be posted somewhere in the forum (e.g. latest news) via the 'rss bot' from WP to the forum. Just wondering...

Great to see this mod alive again 8-)
Hello,

Not sure what the RSS Bot is. Currently WP-United posts an excerpt of a blog post upon request. Any active content in a post that is parsed by a WordPress plugin would be stripped out of the phpBB excerpt. However, if your 'RSS bot' creates bona fide WordPress posts with static content, then it should be do-able.
Webbstre

Post by Webbstre »

I have tried the RSS bot before, and I have WP-United integrated with my site.... and the RSS Bot is terrible compared to the WP Integration.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”