[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jhong

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.8.1 20/01/2010

Post by Jhong » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Following on from the previous post -- WP-United v0.8.1 is now released!

WP-United v0.8.1 contains fixes for bugs reported in the forum since the release of v0.8.0, including regressions in avatar support, and a permissions bug that prevented posting follow-up comments.
In addition, 20 minor other bugs are fixed.

Upgrading from v0.8.0 is easy -- you just need to copy over the new files, purge the cache, and run the Setup Wizard again (an upgrade.xml file is included with details instructions).

If you are upgrading from v0.7x or earlier, see these instructions.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:01 am

Oh thank you. I was having trouble... hope the new version will help solve most of my errors. :)

Aseenus

Post by Aseenus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:47 am

Does this new one work with auto mod?

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Aseenus wrote:Does this new one work with auto mod?
Yes

Jhong

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.8.2, 25/01/2010

Post by Jhong » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm pleased to announce the release of WP-United v0.8.2. This fixes a number of bugs discovered since the release of 0.8.1, and includes several improvements.

To upgrade from v0.8.x, just upload the full fileset from root/ to your forum root, clear the phpBB cache and run the Setup Wizard all the way through again. Don’t forget to copy over your blog.php, and – if the Setup Wizard doesn’t do it for you – the wpu-plugin.php plugin file.

To upgrade from earlier versions, follow the relevant upgrade file included in the contrib/ folder, and follow these instructions.

Read on to find out what’s new:

* New Swedish translation (Thanks Oz)
* Fixed broken template integration when viewing custom fields, attachments, etc.
* Fixed missing sid on some integrated logout links, fixed login link on comments page
* Fixed board does not display correctly in some cases when Gzip compression is on
* Improved reliability of insertion of smilies in WordPress
* Fixed error on RSS feed page when feeds disabled
* Fix for some styles and BBCodes with height attribute under CSS Magic
* Added default options to login/user info template tag
* Changed behaviour when board disabled: blog.php always calls wp_die when disabled, as there is no other reliale way to integrate templates or pull info.
* Fixed CSS Magic not resolving image URLs in stylesheets under some circumstances
* Improved comments_open and comment_registration behaviour for cross-posted comments
* Redirect back to WP, if possible, after cross-posting comments
* Cross-posted comment title and Edit links now point to forum
* Fixed bugs due to missing $template when register_globals is on
* Fixed htmlspecialchars_decode error on comment posting
* Fixed time zone of cross-posts
* Improved plugin fixes – they now enter plugin subdirectories under more circumstances
* Fixed default avatar options in built-in avatars
* Added error handler arbitrator to suppress notices in WordPress
* Improved Debug Info To Post display
* CSS Magic Style Keys are now purged with the cache
* Many other minor bug fixes

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:53 pm

wow how nice and how fast you update, great mod, thx a lot for ya very good support :mrgreen:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

MAzZY

Post by MAzZY » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Can I use this configuration:
site with WP - site1.com
community - site2.com/forum
:?:

onmillertime

Post by onmillertime » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

I am DESPERATELY trying to get this mod to work on a brand new install. Does anyone have it working on a live environment? I am using phpbb3 / WP 2.9 with custom theme with all plugins disabled / Automod / WP-United 8.2. I got it installed and it sort of worked, I have the forum inside WP and it shows up perfectly. The WP main page is blank. We attempted to create a log in and the entire thing crashed and I got FastCGI error.

I really need to integrate my WP and phpbb because I need one login for both. I have tried using the wphbbb plugin and it didn't work either because of the WP version I am on. I really love the funcationality of the WP-United mod but I can't get it to work. Right now I am willing to pay someone to get this working because I am so sick of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work? Will not using the Automod help? Use an older version of WP-United? I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

UPDATE
It is back up but I am still having the blank wordpress issues. Also the logo won't load on the forum side. Feel free to take a look - its ugly and still in development but I go to get this stupid integration to work first!

http://theblogboat.com/portal/forum/

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm

MAzZY wrote:Can I use this configuration:
site with WP - site1.com
community - site2.com/forum
:?:
If the sites are on the same server/filesystem, it should be possible, but you will have problems with the phpBB login cookie -- you will need to install the phpBB multi-site cookie mod. Several options may not quite work 100% too -- still have some more testing to do with multi-domains

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

onmillertime wrote:I am DESPERATELY trying to get this mod to work on a brand new install. Does anyone have it working on a live environment? I am using phpbb3 / WP 2.9 with custom theme with all plugins disabled / Automod / WP-United 8.2. I got it installed and it sort of worked, I have the forum inside WP and it shows up perfectly. The WP main page is blank. We attempted to create a log in and the entire thing crashed and I got FastCGI error.

I really need to integrate my WP and phpbb because I need one login for both. I have tried using the wphbbb plugin and it didn't work either because of the WP version I am on. I really love the funcationality of the WP-United mod but I can't get it to work. Right now I am willing to pay someone to get this working because I am so sick of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work? Will not using the Automod help? Use an older version of WP-United? I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

UPDATE
It is back up but I am still having the blank wordpress issues. Also the logo won't load on the forum side. Feel free to take a look - its ugly and still in development but I go to get this stupid integration to work first!

http://theblogboat.com/portal/forum/
Please try v0.8.3, see if that helps .. hundreds of pe9ople have working sites, but FastCGI is known to give headaches.

If you receive the errors again, please do me a favour and note down the actual error message, or I will be unable to help. I suggest you also create a topic over at the WP-United forums, following the instructions there for getting debug info. It is not required for support, but you will receive more help from the community there.

Jhong

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.8.3, 29/01/2010

Post by Jhong » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

WP-United v0.8.3 is now ready for download. This release fixes all reported bugs outstanding or reported since v0.8.2, and with luck will be one of the last and most stable releases in the v0.8 branch.

To upgrade from v0.8.x, just upload the full fileset from root/ to your forum root, clear the phpBB cache and run the Setup Wizard all the way through again. Don't forget to copy over your blog.php, and – if the Setup Wizard doesn't do it for you – the wpu-plugin.php plugin file.

To upgrade from earlier versions, follow the relevant upgrade file included in the contrib/ folder, and follow these instructions.

What's new?
  • Fixed comments trying to get cross-posted details when empty
  • Fixed default WP avatar broken
  • Fixed avatar syncing for integrated users
  • Fixed RSS feeds not showing correctly for WordPress-in-phpBB
  • Various fixes for when phpBB Gzip is active
  • More plugin fixes... fixes
  • Fixed comment links on non-cross-posted comments
  • Editing cross-posts that have become sticky or announcements now preserves their status
  • Fixed missing options and display glitches in the user mapping tool
  • ... and more

dr210077

Post by dr210077 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Just tried to download version 0.8.3 but the zip file is v0.8.2 are the files in this zip the updated files and the zip file just hasn't been renamed, or am I downloading the wrong file?

*edit* Just checked the WP United site and the download file is changed to 0.8.3

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 am

Yes, sorry about that -- it is fixed now.

I think we are getting through the bug fixes -- we are seeing more and more sites released using WP-United, and less and less bug reports.

v0.8.4 will be the last release in the v0.8 branch, all going well, and fixes several minor bugs, mostly in edge use cases. It also includes auto-installation, so installing is now one click easier.

v0.9 will focus on simplifying installation and usability improvements, as well as final clean-up before I drop this bomb on the MODDB validators. :-)

For v0.9, I plan to remove the need for blog.php, and revamp the ACP options, and also provide more widgets and integration options -- for more details, please join in the discussion at www.wp-united.com

jakk

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.8.3, 29/01/201

Post by jakk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

great job

thanks
ivemfinity.com | mundoforeros.com | support team member phpbb-es.com (Soporte en español)

MydnyteSyn

Re: [RC2] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.8.3, 29/01/201

Post by MydnyteSyn » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Will this work with phpbb 3.0.7? I ask because 3.0.7 RC1 is available and I have plans to upgrade as soon as the final RC version is released.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”