[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
egriz

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.5.5 22/07/07)

Post by egriz »

I already created a prosilver wordpress theme.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/

I'm working on getting it released for people
matgallis

Post by matgallis »

egriz wrote:I already created a prosilver wordpress theme.

How can we just make the current theme of wordpress fit into phpbb? I like the prosilver style but not necessarily for wordpress
fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

NICE!!!!
Last edited by fiorefrank on Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon_

Post by Neon_ »

Good job. I see my association with this MOD has probably ended, however short it may have been. Good luck Jhong on getting out all the flaws and adding new features ect. Props to you! 8-)
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

Very nice egriz! :) Can't wait for your release. Do you think you could do a 3 column version of that prosilver theme? One left sidebar, one right sidebar, and content in the middle?
cotp

Post by cotp »

Hello :)

I installed the last version for PhpBB3

1) When I choose "To Blog or Not To Blog?" to Yes it keeps it to No even though no error appears. So There is no buttton display. What do you think should be the problem ? Can I test and put it to yes through phpmyadmin ? Which table should i look at ?

2) Another thing, where should I apply the php changes in templates such as:
<li>
<h2>Latest Blog Posts</h2>
<ul>
<?php wpu_latest_blogposts('limit=10&before=<li>&after=</li>') ?>
</ul>
</li>
Thanks in advance,

Cotp
gavo

Post by gavo »

I am making a prosilver wordpress theme for using with the wp-united bridge set to (wordpress inside phpbb3)
I have made 3 diferant size widget colums, Ive only 1 problem left , some of the widgets text overlaps the boxes, if anyone can help with this i will publish it!
http://gavowarez.com/forum & click on the "Portal BETA" buton ,below the header.
IronDogg

Post by IronDogg »

gavo wrote:I am making a prosilver wordpress theme for using with the wp-united bridge set to (wordpress inside phpbb3)
I have made 3 diferant size widget colums, Ive only 1 problem left , some of the widgets text overlaps the boxes, if anyone can help with this i will publish it!
http://gavowarez.com/forum & click on the "Portal BETA" buton ,below the header.
hmm, maybe try adding the "clear:both;" line (without the quotes of course) right under your floats in both #leftmenu (line 126) and #rightmenu (line 133) in your style.css file. Clear:both; will not allow any floats to each side to overlap.

Edit: Actually, I go back and take another look, that solution prob won't help with that case... sorry...
gavo

Post by gavo »

ok thanks, i tried it and it didn`t do anything, there was a small white border around the image files i have just removed & i has sorted most of the problems out.
cotp

Post by cotp »

I uninstalled it was not working for me. Actually what I would like is to be able to
1) Reproduce phpBB posts on Wordpress (with phpbb post id)
2) Link wordpress posts with phpBB posts (Related article links to phpBB)

But there don't seem to be any kind of plugin that does that...

Cotp
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Omarvelous wrote:
BeautyGal wrote:Ok my site is looking great, but the thing is my forum is looking messed up - text - what css styles is the forum using to cause it to look bad?
Has to do with hierarchy...

Unless you know a lot about css this could prove very difficult....

If you do know i'll give you some tips..

What I did, I set in the United settings to load the wordpress css after the forums...

Now what I then did was modify the header/footer file of the wordpress templates and encompassed everything between the body under a div with id of "blog". Then for the most part you could go into the blog's css and start to append "div#blog " to the front of many of the styling that share a common class/id with the forum templates. Another thing I did was append "blog_" or something similar to the classes/ids and made the appropriate changes in the blog css as well...

I guess I could make a phpBB friendly version of the main default theme... and share that... But if you did not understand the instructions I just gave then.... unles you find compatible themes, you're pretty much out of luck until then... unless your feeling adventurous! It's really not that hard once you understand the logic...
Hello,

Yes, this is correct -- however most WordPress templates already have a main div id="content". so it's just a matter of pre[/]-pending #content to the wordpress styles that are being overwritten by phpBB.

J
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

simonw wrote:
Simon: Yes, it is fixed.

J
Is the answer in the forum or a download from your site. Sorry to be a pain but I can't seem to see the fix.

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon... Sorry for the slow response. It's in the latest download package, and a couple of pages back in this thread, too :-)
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

fiorefrank wrote:these seem bugs :

- wpress classical skin doesn't work well on wpress inside phpbb (on konqueror, explorer, opera and firefox)

- on the right top there is "Welcome to WP-United..." but i can't read it well. is it a wpress bug or is it a bug of this mod?

- i can't add category into admin area of wpress EDIT : on opera when i press nothing appen but i think this is an wpress bug or just opera incompatibility :)
EDIT2 : everything is ok on explorer ;) (version that is installed on winxp sp2)

On other browser i get always "You don't have permission to do that" but now i'm looking for that.Maybe i didn't activate all the permission for the administrator.
Hi Fiorefrank.

1. Yes, Ideally at some point I want to provide a forum with instructions on how to modify each WordPress template to fix the minor CSS glitches with prosilver. I'll need the changes to be submitted by users, however, as I just don't have the time. Especially since most people will be using custom phpBB templates / modified prosilver, there become too many variables to address by myself.

2. I'll check into this. This shouldn't be browser dependent. Do check the permissions you have assigned in your phpBB admin panel -- only admins can manage categories for now (which means you have to pre-create categories for regular users).
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

fiorefrank wrote:
Jhong wrote:fiorefrank: You need to increase the memory size you have allocated to PHP in your server configuration files. Once you have done that, please post any error that remains.
ok i have done it and now it works!

what do you think about the override adding this in to main script of this mod?

ini_set("memory_limit", "32M");
Hi FioreFrank -- Good idea ion theory, but in practice, this is Apache-dependent, and could cause problems. Some people will have set / changed their memory limit size for specific reasons, and I don't really want to mess with that. Several other packages (such as CMSes) recommend you increase the default 8M memory size limit, so most people shouldn't run into the problem. On my side, I'll try to reduce the memory requirement as time goes on.

J
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

manan_kakkar wrote:could some 1 have a look at my forum and blog .... its the template thats driving me nuts ... i want the board options of phpbb (the 1 on top below the header image - members, logout, User control panel etc.) across the whole site (ie. blog & forum) and at the same time i wanted the blog header image as the header image throughout the site ... if u look at the forum u will see that the wp header isnt there though the wp header along with the phpbb3 header options is shown on the blog also the footer is messed up in wp and no text ie the description and title are shown in the blog header :|
Hi,

I've been trying to access your site, but none of the links work for me.

There are specific examples on solving CSS glitches on http://www.wpunited.com , so do check in the forums there.

J

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”