[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
tom_mk

Re: [BETA] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.5.5 22/07/07)

Post by tom_mk » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:19 am

hi,

i'm so new to this wp-united
and i really wanna know more b4 i really jump into this

are these two (phpbb3, wordpress) upgradable?
i meant , i'm not sure if the wp-united really have to modify to core of these two software
in order to make this [wp-united] work fine?
however, i still worry about the coming up of new version of these two software.
i know that these two are really really great software,
and keep them upgrading will also make our code more secure,

any1 can help me clarify about this.
Thanks for any comment n suggestion

Tom

Ghost11

Post by Ghost11 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:53 am

Hi Tom, ;)
You are right. These two are really great software, included this 100% phpBB MOD behind these two – but THERE ARE two different software included …

That means, you COULD get sometimes (more or less) problems …
tom_mk wrote:are these two (phpbb3, wordpress) upgradable?
i meant , i'm not sure if the wp-united really have to modify to core of these two software
in order to make this [wp-united] work fine?
Tom
So that’s the reason (among others) why I’m looking for a MOD, as already described HERE …

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:15 pm

Jhong,

I'm trying to install this on RC7 but cannot find anything in the modx. :(

It would be much appreciated if you could update for RC7, as my site depends on WP United.

Thank you. :)
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

beforeyougopostal

Post by beforeyougopostal » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:26 pm

I also tried to install this on my RC7 test board and couldn't find most of the install.xml captions.

phat32

Post by phat32 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:00 pm

If this mod is still in the works i love it! this is exactly what i was looking for! im also on RC7, If it is still being updated......... please update fast :P

Komikal

Post by Komikal » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I have a few errors similar to these (only after installing WP-United):

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 106: Undefined offset: 10
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 106: Undefined index: title_save_pre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/query.php on line 561: Undefined index: category___not_in
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/query.php on line 588: Undefined index: tag___not_in
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/canonical.php on line 150: Undefined index: port
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3729)

Thanks!

frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Project dead?! Looked so promising, but it seems that jhong hasn't been online for a while now...

Komikal

Post by Komikal » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 pm

It looks amazing. Hopefully his absence is due to frantic work on RC7!

darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:18 pm

frechdaxx wrote:Project dead?! Looked so promising, but it seems that jhong hasn't been online for a while now...
Definitely not dead. More is available at his site - check the first post for the link. Looks like working on an updated version 0.6.0, but it also looks like RC7 updates have to be made to that. :)
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader

frechdaxx

Post by frechdaxx » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 pm

I've been on his site, and the the release of the 0.6.0 preview was 1 month ago, in addition it seems that jhong didn't visit his own site for a while now, too..Whatever, maybe he is just on holidays or so^^ Looking forward for a new version :)

Dielman

Post by Dielman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:23 am

I was really wanting to set this up on mine, but alas, RC7! Really hoping for some updates on this soon.

lslscripts.org

Post by lslscripts.org » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:01 am

Seems to have trouble too using this MOD (v0.5.5 beta) with phpBB 3.x RC7, after changing settings in ACP:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/bonib/domains/lslscripts.org/public_html/blog/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 40: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/bonib/domains/lslscripts.org/public_html/blog/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 40: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2899)
The blog.php weblog page shows the page without any style.

Maja

Post by Maja » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 pm

I believe that JHong only has support up to RC5, based solely on the date of his last update. I haven't been willing to try going to RC7 solely for that reason.

I've successfully integrated Wordpress 2.22 and PhpBB 3 RC5 without many issues, other then the fact that the automatic redirections (after login, after posting, etc..) do not work. At first it was just an annoyance, but now its becoming an issue when requesting users to authenticate and then just leaving them at their user panel instead of redirecting back to the original request page. Anyone else experienced this behavior?
Don't eat the big pink mint!

fakeDecoy

Post by fakeDecoy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:01 am

install.xml says to find this in includes/functions.php:

Code: Select all

function make_clickable($text, $server_url = false, $class = 'postlink')
{
There is no such function in this file in my installation of phpbb3. Same goes with the next two pieces of code it says to find. I haven't tried installing further. I'm running RC7.

Oh, so it looks like RC7 isn't supported on this mod yet? Anyway I'll leave this post here, just to note that I'd love to be able to use this with RC7, though if the changes with each RC are this significant, maybe it's best to wait until a final release before installing a mod as major as this, so I don't run the risk of losing users' blogs or crippling my forum on the next upgrade.

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:07 pm

Sorry --- been busy, and put off by the sheer number of phpBB3 RC releases.

Anyway, I've updated it to install with RC7 --- you can download it here: http://www.wp-united.com/downloads?id=3

Assuming all is OK, it will become an official release shortly.

J
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”