[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Granit

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.6.0 01/12/07)

Post by Granit »

When will the next version be out then?
god0fgod

Post by god0fgod »

When that final feature is working for wordpress logins, which is something I want to work.

I suppose just check back every few days and it will be out before you knew it.
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Hello,

I hope to release it this week.

The logins are now working, and a ton of bugs are fixed. There are also a few new features, including better auto-template-integration, faster caching and auto-integration of phpBB smilies and avatars.

There are a couple of minor changes I still need to make regarding per-user blogs, so that they work with the new WordPress admin panel. But we're almost there...

The development version is always at svn:http://www.wp-united/svn/trunk. It will be broken at times, and is not suitable for a live forum, but any testing / bug reports on stock phpBB & WordPress installations are appreciated (You won't get support for running the development version, but it will help me :-) )
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

Hi. Installed ver 0.6.1 with wp 2.7 and it works but now on posts page my right column, my footer and comments form dissapeared. What could be worng? I switched to another theme and the problem is still there so I guess it's not because of the theme. I'm getting quite desperate and I don't know what to do. The code in single.php is ok so teoretically right column should show up. I'm thinking the problem could be from comments - maybe if the comments form doesn't load everything else coming after iti doesn't either. Any suggestions on what I can do ?

Thank you.
Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know.
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Glad you're back, Jhong. You bring alot of hope for our community mod. :)
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

Hi.

Coming back with yet another problem. When I click on http://www.infobebe.ro/forum in ff everything is ok, but in explorer the forum doesn't show (except if it's http://www.infobebe.ro/forum/index.php)

And when I'm in wp admin after some actions I'm kicked out and I have to login again.

Oh, please, help me! :) Really, I need this to work... Giving a beer! :D

Ooook, now it's working in ie, don't know how! But I still have the big problem about comments, footer and column right not displaying in wordpress posts. And I've searched a lot and nobody else seems to have this issue - so it must be something I'm doing wrong.
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

Hello again! You must be inspiring some how! Even if you're not here! Because suddenly I had an idea! What if it's something else, not wp-united to blame? Before installing wp -united I uninstalled all the plugins in wp

And... just now I discovered that a plugin prevented the right column to display (before it didn't). It's count per day. I deactivated it and now everything is ok! Now I'm going to develop the forum, thank you for wp-united, it's just what the doctor prescribed! :D
The-Lord

Post by The-Lord »

Seems Interesting. I will setup a test blog/forum and play with it. :)

Cheers!!
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Hello,

Please don't install v0.61 -- v0.7 will be released in a few hours. It fixes lots of known bugs, including the above.
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

What can you tell me about upgrading? will it be difficult? Because I already have 0.6.1
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

No -- you just need to drop the files over and then re-run the install wizard.

You will encounter some security and login issues with 0.61, so if you can wait, I would recommend it.
Jhong

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.0 30/05/09)

Post by Jhong »

Well, after a.. little bit of a gap... in development, I'm delighted to announce the latest version, v.0.7.0, available for download now.

IMPORTANT: Please read the README_FIRST file, and the instructions provided. If you need support, please post on the forums at wp-united.comp.

If you are upgrading from v0.6, just copy over the old files, and then run the Setup Wizard again.

Changelog for this release:
  • NEW: Updated to work reliably with WordPress 2.7 & 2.8
  • UPDATED: Login integration updated to work properly with new phpBB & WordPress password schemes. Third-party apps can still access WordPress
  • UPDATED: Cache mechanism upgraded all methods of integration are now cached properly, and the cache is automatically updated when Wp-United or WordPress is upgraded. This fixes 99% of reported eval'd code errors
  • NEW: phpBB avatars automatically used in WordPress templates (thanks to Japgalaxy)
  • NEW: phpBB smilies can be used in WordPress posts and comments (Japgalaxy again)
  • NEW: phpBB header is automatically removed on phpBB-in-wordpress pages, with the phpBB searchbox automatically spliced into the WordPress header
  • NEW: Improved user mapping tool now allows selection of items per page, and includes several useful quick links for bulk administration
  • NEW: Italian translation (thanks to Japgalaxy)
  • NEW: Install wizard tries to auto-copy wpu-plugin.php, and tells the user exactly what to do if it can't
  • NEW: WP-United ACP area now checks for wp-united cache writability, and checks that wpu-install has been deleted
  • UPDATED: ProPress theme updated for WP 2.7+
  • UPDATED: Improved one-click debugging information for posting to forums in support requests.
  • UPDATED: Install files and Setup Wizard contain more useful install instructions
  • FIXED: Users were not being logged out of WordPress until they visited the blog again
  • FIXED: Various cookie problems caused users to be logged out of phpBB when in wp-admin
  • FIXED: Install Wizard sometimes crashed when users are given own blogs
  • FIXED: WordPress admin panels for users own blogs improved
  • FiXED: When users are integrated, access to wp-login.php is disabled
  • FIXED: Various third-party provided widgets were not compatible with all setups
  • FIXED: Only show cross-posting box when user has ability to cross-post
  • FIXED: Non-simple reverse integration option now behaves a little better. 'Simple' is still recommended.
  • MOD repackaged in accordance with MODX 1.2.1 format guidelines
  • Any many other minor fixes and clean-ups
Last edited by Jhong on Sat May 30, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roxanacaz

Post by roxanacaz »

Download not working... is it just me? I can''t wait to upgrade to this new version! It seems very very promising!
Jhong

Post by Jhong »

Oops -- wrong link. Fixed now. :-)
Geisthund

Post by Geisthund »

Hi

Install appears to have gone ok so far but I'm getting a white screen after selecting WP-United User Integration Manager > Begin.

Cheers
Gareth

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”