[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
fiorefrank

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (v0.6.0 01/12/07)

Post by fiorefrank » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 pm

sobriety wrote:
fiorefrank wrote:Some bugs (they seems) :

- when everybody can make a blog, if a user do a post into blog and after he publish it, he edit it something strange happen! The edited text and edited title don't show.

- I don't see user blog into user profile also if i set it on in ACP

fiorefrank,

In phpBB Administration Control Panel, under the WP-UNITED tab, click the settings button and then check no for "Allow cross-posting of blog posts to forum?".
Thanks but can you explain better to me what can i do with this option on yes?

and for the second bugs?

Regards

Stipendiat

Post by Stipendiat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:41 am

I cannot see Tab in ACP, what is the problem? Help please!
(permissions are ok)

moontree

Post by moontree » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I just upgraded to this mod from the phpbb2 version, and I found that the private blogs option didn't work - even though I had the blogs set to private in the ACP, they could still be viewed by users who weren't logged in.

To solve the problem I changed the following code in wordpress-entry-point.php:

Find

Code: Select all

// redirect to login if not logged in and blogs are private
if ( (!$wpuAbs->user_logged_in()) && ($wpSettings['must_login'])  && (!defined('WPU_REVERSE_INTEGRATION')) ) {
   redirect($login_link, true);
}
Replace with

Code: Select all

// Can this user view profiles/memberlist?
		if (!$auth->acl_gets('u_viewprofile', 'a_user', 'a_useradd', 'a_userdel'))
		{
			if ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS)
			{
				trigger_error('NO_VIEW_USERS');
			}

login_box('', ((isset($user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)])) ? $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_' . strtoupper($mode)] : $user->lang['LOGIN_EXPLAIN_MEMBERLIST']));
		}
(taken from the memberlist.php file)

If you do this, users will always have to log in to see the blogs, regardless of the settings in the ACP.

dewdrinker19

Post by dewdrinker19 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:12 pm

What I'm mainly looking for is cross-comments. I'd LOVE for all the comments to be handled in a forum thread rather than on the blog page. The comments button could link right to the forum thread with the blog post as first post in the thread...

realist123

Post by realist123 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 pm

I've managed to integrate my phpBB3 into Wordpress but I'm having some issues with making adjustments.

When I try to modify the prosilver theme in order to change the colours of the forum, nothing happens (I've cleared cache and all that jazz).

I'm sure the problem has to do with the integration and I was wondering if anyone knew which files now need to be adjusted to change the colours.

renet

Post by renet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Has anyone tested this MOD with the new Wordpress 2.5, yet? Does it work?

backdrift

Post by backdrift » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Can I integrate phpBB with Wordpress MU using this mod? I'd love to create multi-user blog with subsections and moderators of those subsections (some kind of digg, or other bunch of modern web2.0 news portals). But I already have great DB of users, so I don't want to make people to register once more.

Da^MsT

Post by Da^MsT » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:38 am

renet wrote:Has anyone tested this MOD with the new Wordpress 2.5, yet? Does it work?
I really doubt it'll work, as WP 2.5 uses a different auth solution from previous versions.

Crownguard

Post by Crownguard » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:04 pm

I installed and everything seemed to go well except when I click on the "Blog" icon on my phpBB3 Board, I get this error;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_user() (previously declared in /home/kingdon2/public_html/Boards/wp-united/wp-functions.php:321) in /home/kingdon2/public_html/blog/wp-includes/deprecated.php on line 1264

Not really sure what to do. When I delete one of the two lines in either table, it just tells me "WP-United has encountered an unknown integration error. We tried twice to log you in and it didn't work. Sorry! Please inform an administrator of this message". Not sure that this matters but the file for Word PRess is named blog, and my phpBB3 file is baned Boards. I made sure it was right in the ACP.

Any advice? Thank you.

PS. I also downloaded and installed and am using WP 2.5

Ben

Da^MsT

Post by Da^MsT » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Crownguard wrote:I installed and everything seemed to go well except when I click on the "Blog" icon on my phpBB3 Board, I get this error;

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_user() (previously declared in /home/kingdon2/public_html/Boards/wp-united/wp-functions.php:321) in /home/kingdon2/public_html/blog/wp-includes/deprecated.php on line 1264

Not really sure what to do. When I delete one of the two lines in either table, it just tells me "WP-United has encountered an unknown integration error. We tried twice to log you in and it didn't work. Sorry! Please inform an administrator of this message". Not sure that this matters but the file for Word PRess is named blog, and my phpBB3 file is baned Boards. I made sure it was right in the ACP.

Any advice? Thank you.

PS. I also downloaded and installed and am using WP 2.5

Ben
Advice, wake Jhong up and make him update WP-United ;)

sobriety

Member blogs list (most recent) on main site's homepage

Post by sobriety » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:05 am

Hello,

I would like to have the member blogs list also on my main site's homepage. A top 5 recently updated blogs list. I'm thinking of using an include statement. I can currently include the blog.php page but that also includes the left and right panels and the header. I just want the list and avatars.

Jhong at one point mentioned using wpu_register and wpu_bloglist to accomplish this, but I can't find where he explains how.

cunyalen

Post by cunyalen » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am

Installed with wp 2.3.2 rc1.
1.Right now, for a user to go to their blog page, usually, the way is the following. They go to the blog home page, click the link in {GET-STARTED} which is for wp-admin, then click view site. Can we add a link for users go to their blog page directly on the blogs home page or change it the original link to a view blog link? Is it something like blog.php/?author={userid}? How can we do it?
2. I don't want to put both phpbb and wordpress headers because that takes too much space on the top. Instead of putting phpbb header on the top of blog page, can we add a global navigation bar on the blog page(top?), including items like "Forum", "My Blog", "Login/Logout" etc?
3. Can we show more statistics like in widges on blogs home? Can we show the recent blogs or some other blog statistics on the phpbb portal. Basically put together phpbb and blog portal.

Thanks.
Last edited by cunyalen on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sobriety

Re: Member blogs list (most recent) on main site's homepage

Post by sobriety » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:51 am

sobriety wrote:Hello,

I would like to have the member blogs list also on my main site's homepage. A top 5 recently updated blogs list. I'm thinking of using an include statement. I can currently include the blog.php page but that also includes the left and right panels and the header. I just want the list and avatars.

Jhong at one point mentioned using wpu_register and wpu_bloglist to accomplish this, but I can't find where he explains how.

Has anybody else tried to put the member blog list on their site's home page?

cunyalen

Post by cunyalen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:04 pm

One each member's blog page, is it possible to show just his/her posts when we click archives or categories?

bjartmar

Post by bjartmar » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:48 am

Hello.
I know I should have, but I haven't read through all the posts in this thread... but, is the newest version of wp-united running good with no bugs?
I would love to have this mod on my new forum.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”