[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:59 am

AYBG wrote:My site's theme is subsilver2 but most people use prosilver, or variations of it, so I think that's why the problem has gone undetected.
The mod has an additional install for subsilver2, you see.
Anyway, for some reason it won't let me Force Install. I click it, it comes up with that "Are you sure?" type question, and when I click yes it just goes back to the page.
Yes, there are some problems with the subSilver2 install xml instructions. I've updated them. You can get the updated XML file here: http://www.wp-united.com/svn/trunk/temp ... ilver2.xml
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:09 am

AYBG wrote:Yay, I've got it installed nicely...

There's a problem with cross-posting though.
When you set it to automatically link to the forum post in the blog entry, it adds /viewtopic.php?f=example to the blog's url (in this case http://www.fmuk.org.uk is the index page, and it links to http://www.fmuk.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=example, rather than the actual address http://forum.fmuk.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=example) despite putting the forum's location in the blog.php file.
You can manually edit the link, but that defeats the purpose.

I have a couple of queries about cross-posting, actually.
If I make a blog entry called "Film Name", a topic in my forums is made called "[BLOG]: Film Name".
Is it possible to remove the "[BLOG]" part of the thread title and/or edit some of the automatic post content (the "This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here" stuff)?

Also, I had hoped that you could set it so that replies in the automatic thread would display under the blog post as comments? I can't see any settings for this, but if it is possible I'd really appreciate someone posting how.

Btw, thanks RazerRazer for your help in installing the thing!
Hello,

WP-United doesn't support sub-domains. Your forum should be on the same subdomain as the blog. Some other things are probably not working correctly either.

You can change [BLOG] in the WP-United language file to whatever you want.

In the future, we might introduce the option to get phpBB to replace the WP comments engine (this is the only real solution -- duplicating follow-up comments won't work and introduces too much complexity). If we do introduce this, it will be in v0.9.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:22 am

Just a heads up on the next WP-United release.

I'm not planning on introducing another v0.7xx version, as the outstanding bugs are relatively minor. I'd like the next version to be a major update. v0.8 will include the following features:

-- automatic fixing of CSS conflicts in template integration. The idea is that when you have phpBB-in-WordPress, or WordPress-in-phpBB, templates will integrate perfectly, automatically, 99.9% of the time. WP-United does this by automatically inspecting CSS files and modifying them, and automatically finding and fixing conflicting IDs and class names in the HTML source. This is already working and I hope to have a demo up soon -- it's pretty amazing (even if I do say so myself :-) )

-- rewritten caching system. The caching of various WP-United elements will be improved, and the template caching system (which has long been hidden in options.php), should be ready for primetime. As part of this and the new template integration system, the "full page" template integration option should become more useful

-- Some automatic fixes for plugins. Automatic detection and fixing of known issues with plugins that are currently causing common errors. I'm also mapping out (in my head) a way to auto-detect and disable incompatible plugins during the setup wizard. This is a priority for me as it will cut down on support requests, but it may not make it into v0.8, as it calls for a big change in the flow of the setup wizard.

-- (maybe) the ability to edit cross-posted posts. Jury is still out on this one, it may not make it into v0.8.

-- Lots of code cleanups and bug fixes. The integration code (wordpress-entry-point.php) is completely rewritten, and is now in interator.php and template-integrator.php. For the end user, this won't mean much, but from my side, it will make it much easier to add additional features in the future, or even to extend the integration to include additional packages. It will also mean less changes will be required between wordpress releases. This is also part of a bigger push to clean up in advance of a v1.0 release.



I am hoping that v0.8 will come together in a week or two. when the SVN version starts to become more mature, I will post so that people can try it out. Right now lots of code is on the floor as things are rewritten.

J
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Geisthund
Registered User
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Geisthund » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 am

Hi

Request that the content of forum posts appear in wordpress and not just hte title please!!

User avatar
yexusbeliever
Registered User
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: Olympus phpBB3

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by yexusbeliever » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:59 pm

wow, jhong! i'm amazed by this. thank you for the hard work and planning. i'm definitely eager to see the next release.

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Jhong wrote:WP-United doesn't support sub-domains. Your forum should be on the same subdomain as the blog. Some other things are probably not working correctly either.

You can change [BLOG] in the WP-United language file to whatever you want.

In the future, we might introduce the option to get phpBB to replace the WP comments engine (this is the only real solution -- duplicating follow-up comments won't work and introduces too much complexity). If we do introduce this, it will be in v0.9.
Thanks for the reply - I'm loving the mod so far :)

Actually the sites are on the same subdomain - I moved the wordpress files into a new folder in the phpbb root folder. But the instructions for moving the blog.php suggested that you could move it to the site root and rename it index.php - that's what I did. Does that have to be in the same subdomain too then?

Thanks - will do!

Looking forward to future releases!
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Geisthund wrote:Hi

Request that the content of forum posts appear in wordpress and not just hte title please!!
Do you mean in the latest posts / topics widgets? I don't see how full phpBB posts would work in the sidebar.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

AYBG wrote:
Actually the sites are on the same subdomain - I moved the wordpress files into a new folder in the phpbb root folder. But the instructions for moving the blog.php suggested that you could move it to the site root and rename it index.php - that's what I did. Does that have to be in the same subdomain too then?
Yep, all has to be in the same subdomain currently.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 pm

yexusbeliever wrote:wow, jhong! i'm amazed by this. thank you for the hard work and planning. i'm definitely eager to see the next release.
Thanks :-) Hopefully it won't be too long until WP-United is back on track :-)
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm confused... I want the blog.php file to be my site's index so how would I go about setting this up?

These are my current settings.

/index.php (aka blog.php)
/forum
/forum/wordpress

/forum is accessible through http://forum. subdomain

How do I get everything in the same subdomain?!
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:23 pm

I can't put phpbb and wordpress in the same directory, because both use an index.php file of course

The only thing I can think of is giving up using a subdomain, have wordpress in the site's root and the forum directory within it.
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

RazerRazer
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by RazerRazer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Jhong wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:Hello!

I just finished my design. I want to release my site, but I've got a problem:

I saw in the WP Admin panel only the "admin". I registred in the wp-admin manually a user called "Administrators", it is the Admin-Account into phpBB. With it I can now login into the wp-admin, too. When I write a comment, I see the correct phpBB Avatar of "Administrators". But when I login with a account, wich is registred on phpBB and wich I haven't registred manually in WP, I am not logged in WP. Why is WP not reading the phpBB user table?

Thanks for help!
I don't think you are getting how WP-United works. WP-United automatically integrated phpBB users. You shouldn't be adding new users via WP-Amin.

In your phpBB ACP, check out the WP-United permissions unser Permissions - > user/group permissions. Set the "Can integrate as WordPress XXXX", where XXX is author, commenter, editor, for your relevant phpBB users. Then those users will automatically be given WordPress accounts when they visit the blog.
Did you read this:
RazerRazer wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:Hello!

I just finished my design. I want to release my site, but I've got a problem:

I saw in the WP Admin panel only the "admin". I registred in the wp-admin manually a user called "Administrators", it is the Admin-Account into phpBB. With it I can now login into the wp-admin, too. When I write a comment, I see the correct phpBB Avatar of "Administrators". But when I login with a account, wich is registred on phpBB and wich I haven't registred manually in WP, I am not logged in WP. Why is WP not reading the phpBB user table?

Thanks for help!
p.s. I'm using wordpress 2.7.1 and phpBB 3.0.4

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Fixed, permission problem.

Thx to the forum search in the wpu forum! :oops:
But thanks.

I've got a other little question. I can't show widgets in my theme as I want. Can you post the codes of the widgets, so I can import there into my sidebar.php's?

Thank you so very much!

AYBG
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 am

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 pm

This mod could be really useful if it weren't for this damn "same domain" issue

I've put wordpress in the site root
And the forum is still in /forum
And I've taken away the subdomain

So it now works out like this:
http://www.fmuk.org.uk = Wordpress
http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum = Forum

However, on the install page it asks for the Base WordPress URL, but when I put in http://www.fmuk.org.uk, it comes up with that same old message
WARNING: A page was found at this location, but it appears to be on a different domain. You may proceed, but the automatic detection of file path below will not work, and the integration package may produce undesirable results. It is recommended that you correct this problem first.
What the hell?! Unless my forum still thinks its located at the subdomain, I don't understand why it could think that. Before I ran the install I made sure that wordpress and the forum knew about their new locations. In the forum ACP I changed it in General > Server settings. Are there any more places I need to change, or does WP-United only work when its inside phpbb3's folder?

I'm so confused as I would've thought it would install fine now that they're on the same domain. But WP-United insists they're not. Someone help please!

EDIT: Never mind, I just tried again and for some reason it's working now. I guess phpbb3 takes a few minutes to accept the change in url...

EDIT2: Yay! It's all set and running smoothly!
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:03 am

AYBG wrote:I can't put phpbb and wordpress in the same directory, because both use an index.php file of course

The only thing I can think of is giving up using a subdomain, have wordpress in the site's root and the forum directory within it.
This is explicitly covered in the README. If you want to do this, just rename or delete the WordPress index.php. You don't need it any more.

The alternative is to use anything.php and set your apache directoryIndex to it.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

User avatar
Jhong
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm
Location: In a theme sandwich
Contact:

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by Jhong » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 am

RazerRazer wrote:
Jhong wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:Hello!

I just finished my design. I want to release my site, but I've got a problem:

I saw in the WP Admin panel only the "admin". I registred in the wp-admin manually a user called "Administrators", it is the Admin-Account into phpBB. With it I can now login into the wp-admin, too. When I write a comment, I see the correct phpBB Avatar of "Administrators". But when I login with a account, wich is registred on phpBB and wich I haven't registred manually in WP, I am not logged in WP. Why is WP not reading the phpBB user table?

Thanks for help!
I don't think you are getting how WP-United works. WP-United automatically integrated phpBB users. You shouldn't be adding new users via WP-Amin.

In your phpBB ACP, check out the WP-United permissions unser Permissions - > user/group permissions. Set the "Can integrate as WordPress XXXX", where XXX is author, commenter, editor, for your relevant phpBB users. Then those users will automatically be given WordPress accounts when they visit the blog.
Did you read this:
RazerRazer wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:Hello!

I just finished my design. I want to release my site, but I've got a problem:

I saw in the WP Admin panel only the "admin". I registred in the wp-admin manually a user called "Administrators", it is the Admin-Account into phpBB. With it I can now login into the wp-admin, too. When I write a comment, I see the correct phpBB Avatar of "Administrators". But when I login with a account, wich is registred on phpBB and wich I haven't registred manually in WP, I am not logged in WP. Why is WP not reading the phpBB user table?

Thanks for help!
p.s. I'm using wordpress 2.7.1 and phpBB 3.0.4

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Fixed, permission problem.

Thx to the forum search in the wpu forum! :oops:
But thanks.

I've got a other little question. I can't show widgets in my theme as I want. Can you post the codes of the widgets, so I can import there into my sidebar.php's?

Thank you so very much!

they are in wpu-template-funcs.php Please also read the "Information on template tags.txt" that I included in the zip file.)
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”