[ABD] WP-United: WordPress Integration v0.9.2.8 22/05/14

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
AYBG

Re: [RC1] WP-United: WordPress Integration (NEW v0.7.1 12/06/09)

Post by AYBG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 pm

This mod is fantastic! Now I've installed it properly it runs great!

I have one small error to report though. I'm getting occasional emails about people registering for the wordpress blog. I thought - why is this? I thought you could only register via the forum.

So I checked the Register button on the homepage and it links to the forum registration as expected, but I took a closer look around and found that under the comments section on a page there is a message (if you're not logged in at the time) saying "You must be logged in to post a comment. " with a link to log in. This link takes you to the wordpress log in and underneath that there's a little link to register, but it takes you to the wordpress register page, not the phpbb3 one.

I hate to say "You've missed a spot" as it's only a very small thing, but by the v1.0 this would be a good thing to fix.

Once again, thanks very much for the mod!
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Hello!

Is there a tag for the profile link? I will add it here:

Code: Select all

<a href="??????????"><b><?php wpu_phpbb_username(); ?></b></a><br />
I will make a login form manually, this is not functioning...

<span class="genmed"><strong>Username:</strong></span><br />
			<input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="" class="inputbox autowidth" /><br /><br /> 
			<span class="genmed"><strong>Password:</strong></span><br />
			<input type="password" tabindex="2" id="password" name="password" size="25" class="inputbox autowidth" />
			<br /><br />
			<input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="autologin" tabindex="3" /> <span class="gensmall">Log me in auto</span><br />
			<br />
			<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.domain.tdk/" />
            <input type="submit" name="login" class="btnmain" value="Login" tabindex="5" />

And the last one:

How I can translate the date in wpu-template-funcs.php, the wpu_latest_phpbb_posts?

Now I've got e.g. 12. June 2009, but I want it in my language, like 12. Jūnijs 2009. In wordpress and phpBB it is correct, because I've translated it with the language files, but what I can do here?

Thank you!
Last edited by RazerRazer on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:40 pm

AYBG wrote:This mod is fantastic! Now I've installed it properly it runs great!

I have one small error to report though. I'm getting occasional emails about people registering for the wordpress blog. I thought - why is this? I thought you could only register via the forum.

So I checked the Register button on the homepage and it links to the forum registration as expected, but I took a closer look around and found that under the comments section on a page there is a message (if you're not logged in at the time) saying "You must be logged in to post a comment. " with a link to log in. This link takes you to the wordpress log in and underneath that there's a little link to register, but it takes you to the wordpress register page, not the phpbb3 one.

I hate to say "You've missed a spot" as it's only a very small thing, but by the v1.0 this would be a good thing to fix.

Once again, thanks very much for the mod!
1. WPU is registring phpBB users on their first visit of blog.php. So, it is a auto registration, and you become these e-mails. You can shut the e-mail notification off in your WP-Admin.

2. Please check the permission of "registred Users" in the phpBB admin. You need a reg. link? Put this in your theme:

<?php wp_register(); ?>
I hope, that is helping you!

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 pm

RazerRazer wrote:Hello!

Is there a tag for the profile link? I will add it here:

<a href="??????????"><b><?php wpu_phpbb_username(); ?></b></a><br />
I will make a login form manually, this is not functioning...

<span class="genmed"><strong>Username:</strong></span><br />
			<input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="" class="inputbox autowidth" /><br /><br /> 
			<span class="genmed"><strong>Password:</strong></span><br />
			<input type="password" tabindex="2" id="password" name="password" size="25" class="inputbox autowidth" />
			<br /><br />
			<input type="checkbox" class="radio" name="autologin" tabindex="3" /> <span class="gensmall">Log me in auto</span><br />
			<br />
			<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.domain.tdk/" />
            <input type="submit" name="login" class="btnmain" value="Login" tabindex="5" />

And the last one:

How I can translate the date in wpu-template-funcs.php, the wpu_latest_phpbb_posts?

Now I've got e.g. 12. June 2009, but I want it in my language, like 12. Jūnijs 2009. In wordpress and phpBB it is correct, because I've translated it with the language files, but what I can do here?

Thank you!
BUMP
Last edited by RazerRazer on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey!!!!

I will release my site in 2 days, but I see a very big error:

Names with UTF-8 characters aren't covertig correctly!!!

E.g. Jānis in phpBB is converting to Jnis in WP.

Why?

Can you check the files?

THANK YOU!!!
:o :o :o

AYBG

Post by AYBG » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:26 pm

When you edit the files, don't do it in programs like notepad or wordpad.
I recommend the freeware Notepad++
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 pm

AYBG wrote:When you edit the files, don't do it in programs like notepad or wordpad.
I recommend the freeware Notepad++
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
I know that.

But the nproblem is with the usernames. So, I've got an account in phpBB with the username Jānis. So, I am going to visit blog.php the first time, so WPU is making a new account, but not Jānis, but Jnis. So, somewhere the bridge to the DB is not UTF-8. What I have to change?

Perhaps it is this problem:
http://wiki.phpbb.com/Request_var#Unico ... 29_Support

I will try to fix the problem. But wich file makes the new users in WP?

AYBG

Post by AYBG » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:04 pm

You can change your WP username in phpmyadmin
http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-change ... -username/
Other than that I don't know - sorry I misunderstood you the first time!

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 am

RazerRazer wrote:Hey!!!!

Why?

Can you check the files?

THANK YOU!!!
Hallo

I answered this over on wp-united.com, but, just for the record here -- this behaviour is normal. WordPress doesn't support the same characters in usernames that phpBB3 does. So, WP-United maps them over to a different username for you. for all-odd-character usernames, we just make up a username for them.

WP-United still handles the mapping just fine, (don't worry -- users with similar names won't collide) -- if your users are logging in/out via phpBB, they probably won't even care or notice that their WordPress username is slightly different from their phpBB one. (why would they if they don't have to log in)?

I've seen some other user-integrations that just rely on usernames or e-mail addresses for integration, but that's pretty insecure, precisely for reasons like this. WP-United is more robust than that, and can map users even if these details don't match.

At any time, you can check the user mapping tool in the phPBB3 WP-United ACP tab. It will show which WordPress users are mapped to which phpBB users.
phpBB<->WordPress Integration: www.wp-united.com

Jhong

WP-United on phpBB Weekly this weekend!

Post by Jhong » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 am

I'll be on the phpBB Weekly live podcast this weekend at 16:00 UTC this Saturday (27 June) to discuss WP-United.

Be sure to come along and ask questions if you're interested. Hopefully I won't be too boring :-) You can listen and participate live at http://www.phpbbweekly.net.

Jhong

Introducing... the WP-United User Manual

Post by Jhong » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm pleased to announce the first draft of the WP-United User Manual.

This will soon be available with all downloads of WP-United, and should be useful reading for both new and existing users of WP-United.

There is still more to add -- it is a work in progress. When it is completed, it will form the basis of a new wiki at WP-United.com. In the meantime, you are free to edit or add to it.

Get the WP-United User Manual here.

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Jhong wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:Hey!!!!

Why?

Can you check the files?

THANK YOU!!!
Hallo

I answered this over on wp-united.com, but, just for the record here -- this behaviour is normal. WordPress doesn't support the same characters in usernames that phpBB3 does. So, WP-United maps them over to a different username for you. for all-odd-character usernames, we just make up a username for them.

WP-United still handles the mapping just fine, (don't worry -- users with similar names won't collide) -- if your users are logging in/out via phpBB, they probably won't even care or notice that their WordPress username is slightly different from their phpBB one. (why would they if they don't have to log in)?

I've seen some other user-integrations that just rely on usernames or e-mail addresses for integration, but that's pretty insecure, precisely for reasons like this. WP-United is more robust than that, and can map users even if these details don't match.

At any time, you can check the user mapping tool in the phPBB3 WP-United ACP tab. It will show which WordPress users are mapped to which phpBB users.
So, I delete the validate_username and sanitize_user and I can register usernames with e.g. ā ē ģ ī

But WPU is censuring the usernames... ... why?

What I can do?

Thank you!

Jhong

Post by Jhong » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 am

Please don't do that.

WordPress has a standard requirement for usernames, and I do not recommend you circumvent this. At any rate, you would need to do a lot more than just deleting the functions that do the validation!

Nowhere in my two responses to you did I recommend circumventing the checks.

What is it that you believe is broken? WP-United allows different usernames by design.

Let me put it this way -- back in WP-United v0.4 for phpBB2, almost 3 years ago, we used to force consistent usernames. It was a security hole and a mistake, so since then we have been using the current system whereby user accounts are mapped properly.

RazerRazer

Post by RazerRazer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:42 am

Jhong wrote:Please don't do that.

WordPress has a standard requirement for usernames, and I do not recommend you circumvent this. At any rate, you would need to do a lot more than just deleting the functions that do the validation!

Nowhere in my two responses to you did I recommend circumventing the checks.

What is it that you believe is broken? WP-United allows different usernames by design.

Let me put it this way -- back in WP-United v0.4 for phpBB2, almost 3 years ago, we used to force consistent usernames. It was a security hole and a mistake, so since then we have been using the current system whereby user accounts are mapped properly.
But I can't release my site with the censuring, because in 60% of all usernames are with characters like this (Latvian characters):
ēūīāšģķļčņ

I know, it is not the most secure way, but I really want this.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”