[ABD] Moderator Can

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
christhatsme

Re: [BETA] Moderator Can

Post by christhatsme »

Yes theres the moderator tab in the mcp to manage the actions and response, and you will seen when viewing a forum in the mcp there is a dropdown which contains your actions and response, which you can use on the checked topics. Alos in viewtopic (normal viewtopic, not in the mcp) with the quickmod tools just bellow there should be a dropdown to apply to that topic.

EDIT incase you can't find...

All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I created one response and 1 action but I don't see the extra canned options box at the bottom op viewtopic, neither I see it in the MCP. Something wrong with the permissions maybe?

I'm admin and founder of the board, I'm member of the moderator group.

I think I would need some help or explanation on how to set the permissions correctly. :oops:

Grtz,

Nic
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

if your role is Full Moderator then you should be able to create and use

If your role is Standard Moderator you should be able to use...

If your neither you need to set up the Moderator permissions yourself... Under moderator permissions there is a tab called Can, and its self explanitory from there :)

EDIT

thought I would just point out, this is in permissions, not forum permissions..
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Strange, I have full moderator permissions and yet I don't see the extra dropdownbox, not in viewtopic neither in MCP.

I will recheck the MODs instructions, maybe I did something wrong?

Grtz,

Nic
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

did you make the changes to viewtopic.php and its template files and mcp_forum.php and its template files?

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Ok, now I look stupid :oops: Didn't see that there where extre instructions for the templates, I just copied the included html files in my styles dir......

Now it will work I guess ;)

Thank you!

Nic

EDIT: And of course now it works like a charm. Sorry for waisting your time, I was too stupid today ;)
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes ;)

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Here I am again :)

I made an action to move a topic, inserted comment and move from and move to. When I use it I get this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'icon_id = '8' WHERE post_id = 1788' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_posts icon_id = '8' WHERE post_id = 1788

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_can.php
LINE: 252
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/mcp/mcp_can.php
LINE: 926
CALL: can_topic_change()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 460
CALL: mcp_can->main()

FILE: mcp.php
LINE: 231
CALL: p_master->load_active()
The topic is moved but without posting the message.

Grtz,

Nic
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

ok, resync your forums and stuff because that will have screwed it up, I can see the problem, post an update in 1 sec

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

update...

download package and re upload includes/functions_can.php and includes/mcp/mcp_can.php

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Resynced everything, same problem. But Now I edited the action so that there's no specific message icon and then it works. Has something to do with the message icons then?

Grtz,

Nic
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

what my update didn't work?

EDIT

It worked for me, the error was when you had an icon and no prefix, and no where else, (i re-created the error localhost) and my fix works here...

EDIT2

you couldn't have updated like i said because no one has downloaded the new package yet...

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

Indeed, didn't download it yet :)

Will check it in a minute :)

And it works :) Great! Thank you!

Have another idea but I don't know if this will be possible: I created a, for regular users, invisible forum in which I move all postings that are against board rules. Would it be possible to have a posting moved but automatically have a message posted with comment and/or info in the forum in which the moved posting originally was written?

Grtz,

Nic
christhatsme

Post by christhatsme »

No as a new topic because a post was moved? Don't seem logical to me.. The moved to action could be changed so you can choose to have a shadow or not?

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

In our community we agreed with our users that when a topic was moved to the quarantaine zone we always put a topic (topic is closed to avoid reactions of users) in the forum from where the topic was moved with the mention of the topic title, and that we have to examine if the topic (or replies in that topic) was against the board rules. We have a team of 9 persons that have to decide if a topic can be put back or not. :) I know it sounds bizarre but it is the way it goes at our board ;)

The topic always have to be placed manually and I thought it would be much more easy to have it set automatic ;)

But I am yet very happy the way your mod is working now ;)

Grtz,

Nic
Last edited by saaiberke on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”