[ABD] phpBB3 Portal

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
thebluebus
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by thebluebus »

also in the statistics box, the new posts bit never seems to go down once a post has been read. When you log out and back in, its fixed, but whilst logged in, it just goes up
thebluebus
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: England, UK

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by thebluebus »

yep, load times are definatly a LOT slower for the portal compared to the rest of my site.
Would need this sorting before i go live with it
ncmontas
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by ncmontas »

Hi again...I already installed this portal to my local computer.. I'm experiencing kind of odd problem.. the menu text of the main menu from the left is not showing up when i Load the page but when I select it w/ the mouse pointer it is appearing.. what seem to be causing the problem? Is it my computer?
romano
Registered User
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Belo Horizonte,Brazil

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by romano »

The PHPBB3portal could have a horizontal Menu, removing the menu of the left side.

Example:
Image

The example above, I am developing to be mine menu. When to finish, I liberate for download.
User avatar
MattJG77
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by MattJG77 »

I'm still having an announcements issue.

I've corrected the spelling where needed and edited the config.php file with the ID of the forum i want it to use (34), but when i hover over the link Show all announcements it always comes up with:

/viewforum.php?f-3

Show all news comes up with the same link problem but it displays the correct topices from its associated forum ID (36)

whats going on :?
ncmontas
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by ncmontas »

edit styles\prosilver\template\bb3portal\block\welcome.html
search this line.. change the a href= into your desired forum id number..
<li class="last"><em><a href="viewforum.php?f=3" style="font-size:1.1em;">Show all announcements</a></em></li>

hope this helps
ncmontas
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by ncmontas »

ncmontas wrote:Hi again...I already installed this portal to my local computer.. I'm experiencing kind of odd problem.. the menu text of the main menu from the left is not showing up when i Load the page but when I select it w/ the mouse pointer it is appearing.. what seem to be causing the problem? Is it my computer?
found what causing the prob on this thread silly me... :)
Jollyware
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by Jollyware »

I have installed the portal and im so far impressed.

On my forum I use 'Ajax ShoutBox' Version 0.0.1', would I be able to put this on the portal page ?

Code: Select all

		<div class="forabg">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
			<ul class="topiclist">
				<li class="header">
					<dl>
						<dt>{L_SHOUTBOX}</dt>
					</dl>
				</li>
			</ul>
			<span id="shoutbox"></span>
			<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>			
<script type="text/javascript">
display_shoutbox = true;
load_shout();
</script>
This is the code i use on my current index page but want it moving to the portal page.

Where would I put this code to make it appear at the top of the page.


Thanks in advance..
Jollyware
Registered User
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:50 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by Jollyware »

Help with latest news section.

I have pointed it to the forum section that needs to be displayed within the portal, when I click the Show all news link it takes me to the specified forum, but wont show in the block.

Any ideas if i have to do something else to make it show ?
ncmontas
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by ncmontas »

StaticFX wrote:Ive been hacking away at the prosilver style of this.. havent looked at the subsilver2.

I am having no load issues.. but i did have the odd main menu problem - where it doesnt show.

I figure out how to fix it..

replace all the <li> with <span style="float:left;">stuff here</span>

then remove the <ul class="menu"> lines and the </ul>

workes now in IE6...
plus, i have also added the search function right into the main menu.. like the spoiler tags.. click search and the search boxes appear.. so the search block can be removed. Anyone interested stop by my site, i will give it to you.

Now, as far as the announcements... in prosilver, for some reason, the announcements and news are embedded in the welcome.html file instead of being seperate (they are also seperate files but its messing things up) so, go in, clip out each section.. and paste it over the code in its respective file.
Meaning.. go into Welcome.html select all the codefor the announcements (include the <br clear="all"> at the end) then replace the code in announcements.html. now you can move the block where you want it
do the same for the news block section.
I just do your suggestion after that my main menu was all messed up.. I tried adding </br> to arrange the menu but some of the text don't align like in the <li>. Help please
xsnslaine
Registered User
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:48 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by xsnslaine »

does anyone know how to imbed the forum in the portal? ie. keep the side bars?
Antraxek
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by Antraxek »

Hello!

How can I remove "Latest files" block?

And where can I find ACP for portal? I looked everywere and couldn't find it.

And portal comes with random text like what is portal,features etc. How can I replace this with my own news? I found this text in welcome.html but I'm looking for more simple way to change this text.

Does anyone found solution for shoutbox?
Sisem
Registered User
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 11:52 am

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by Sisem »

I've upgraded my board to RC2 level, reapplied the mod and ass if working fine.

Just thought you'd like to know :)

Sisem
ncmontas
Registered User
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by ncmontas »

ncmontas wrote:
StaticFX wrote:Ive been hacking away at the prosilver style of this.. havent looked at the subsilver2.

I am having no load issues.. but i did have the odd main menu problem - where it doesnt show.

I figure out how to fix it..

replace all the <li> with <span style="float:left;">stuff here</span>

then remove the <ul class="menu"> lines and the </ul>

workes now in IE6...
plus, i have also added the search function right into the main menu.. like the spoiler tags.. click search and the search boxes appear.. so the search block can be removed. Anyone interested stop by my site, i will give it to you.

Now, as far as the announcements... in prosilver, for some reason, the announcements and news are embedded in the welcome.html file instead of being seperate (they are also seperate files but its messing things up) so, go in, clip out each section.. and paste it over the code in its respective file.
Meaning.. go into Welcome.html select all the codefor the announcements (include the <br clear="all"> at the end) then replace the code in announcements.html. now you can move the block where you want it
do the same for the news block section.
I just do your suggestion after that my main menu was all messed up.. I tried adding </br> to arrange the menu but some of the text don't align like in the <li>. Help please
problem solve.. thanks again..
User avatar
fiorefrank
Registered User
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:43 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by fiorefrank »

Antraxek wrote: And where can I find ACP for portal? I looked everywere and couldn't find it.
Hi,
i'd like to know it too
regards
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”