[ABD] phpBB3 Portal

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jaxmc1023

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by jaxmc1023 »

twobarbreak wrote:i like that idea....
If somebody can tell me which files I need to edit, then I could play around with it. Like I said earlier, I dont know much about php but I learn best from experimenting.....

I expect that there would need to be some kind of "If Admin" code in the New Topic HTML file, and then an "If News" code in the posting.php file (i'm guessing). Somebody help us out please.
moselekm

Post by moselekm »

Okay, well I am probably going to shut down the portal because when I use it, granted, I am using it with another Style, but it's a Sub-Silver based style and every mod has worked with it and everything seemed to be going great as far as editting my style for the portal.

The problem I am having is it's like I am getting Variable/arrays, I am not sure if this is me being a dumby or what.

but everything is is { }

I will keep reading the boards, but I just wanted to post this incase I could get feed back faster.

My site: http://www.bakubrawl.com/index.php?style=4
Doh - I got it. Man it cleans up real nice!
jaxmc1023

Post by jaxmc1023 »

The news block has a feature built into it that allows you to filter out Stickies and Global Announcements. Is there any way to do the opposite and have ONLY stickies show up in the news posts?

If this is possible then I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to add another category (Normal, Sticky, Announcement, Global, and then "News").
gavpedz

Post by gavpedz »

I would love to know how i can make it so i can turn this portal on/off via the ACP
and how can i make it so i can enter links to links block via ACP?
Sweepnx

Post by Sweepnx »

I got an error, I have installed the portal and get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/sweepnx/public_html/community/cache/tpl_prosilver_index_body.html.php on line 26

So i purge the cache and get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/sweepnx/public_html/community/includes/template.php(175) : eval()'d code on line 26

it only happens when accessing the index.php file which means i cant view the forums.
Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

Post by Khamosh-Saya »

Mine Portal Page is Lost :O

After Set the Permission
I Have Change mine Host.
Before Setting The chmod its working fine.
it come when i command the portal

.com/forum/porta.php

But it cant open auto...

See This Error
Sweepnx

Post by Sweepnx »

Sweepnx wrote:I got an error, I have installed the portal and get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/sweepnx/public_html/community/cache/tpl_prosilver_index_body.html.php on line 26

So i purge the cache and get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/sweepnx/public_html/community/includes/template.php(175) : eval()'d code on line 26

it only happens when accessing the index.php file which means i cant view the forums.
sorted, there was an error when i also installed the Activity Stats mod.
Sweepnx

Post by Sweepnx »

Quick Question.

On the Recent topic, how can i change or at least ass Recent Posts to the Portal? IE if someone replies to an existing topic its put at the top of the list?

If this has not been added will it be added?
gavpedz

Post by gavpedz »

I am getting the impression that the creators of this great portal are not supporting it anymore.

I really thought this portal was the one for me and my site but it does not look like i am going to get any answers. :(
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

gavpedz wrote:I am getting the impression that the creators of this great portal are not supporting it anymore.

I really thought this portal was the one for me and my site but it does not look like i am going to get any answers. :(

They are working on ver 2 and have said that they will not support this version here anymore so as to concentrate on the new release
Craig Snyder

Post by Craig Snyder »

Is there a way I can have my portal at http://www.here.com/ although my forums are at http://www.here.com/forums/ ?
Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

Post by Khamosh-Saya »

i have solved mine problem

there was .htaccess problem i have update a new file in mine board so thats why mine portal page was lost.

Thanks
The Pimped Papaya

Post by The Pimped Papaya »

When I go to access my forum, it comes up with :

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/www/thegamingreality.freehostia.com/cache/tpl_X-Treme Red_overall_header.html.php on line 469
I removed the error before by editing it, but now it comes back.

Post by 707 »

Hello dear friends! Nice mod! Is there any way to implement into exsisting template permanently, i mean some blocks that i want to be in index_body.html or in other *.html files of my default template? For example when i browsing forum i have got a blocks on right or left sides, not only when i click on /portal.php
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Hello All.

How do I uninstall the portal? I tried to follow my steps backwards however I just get errors. I have a feeling it has to do with the SQLdatabase. Any ideas?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”