[ABD] phpBB3 Portal

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
moustafamin

Re: [Beta] phpBB3 Portal

Post by moustafamin »

Drugs wrote:Make a block in HTML and put it in the block folder in your template folder. In portal_body.html or whatever, tell it to include the block you made.
You didn't understand me :)
my problem is that this block MUST exist in the root directory
like: www.mysite.com/block.html
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

Then it wouldn't be .html, it would be .php containing code.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
moustafamin

Post by moustafamin »

Drugs wrote:Then it wouldn't be .html, it would be .php containing code.
ok have added it in .php
then how could I include it??
I just need you to know that I'm very beginner at php
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

What type of block are you trying to make?

Formerly Drugs
moustafamin

Post by moustafamin »

it's a simple block containing text and links...
not more
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

Argh....you should listen to people the first time they try to help you. :x :roll:

Open one of the pre-made blocks in your block folder under your style. It will have a bunch of <divs> You should see where the title goes, and the content. Copy it all into a new Notepad or whatever you use. Delete the title and put whatever.(A lot of people don't advise putting it directly in, instead use variables. I'm going the simple way) Then delete the content and put your links. Save is as x.html (X being what you want to call it) Upload it to the same directory as your other blocks. Go a folder up and there's a file called portal_body.html In it, find where you want to add the block and include it as others are included without the IF statements. Then, change the filename of the block included.

Formerly Drugs
moustafamin

Post by moustafamin »

Drugs wrote:Argh....you should listen to people the first time they try to help you. :x :roll:

Open one of the pre-made blocks in your block folder under your style. It will have a bunch of <divs> You should see where the title goes, and the content. Copy it all into a new Notepad or whatever you use. Delete the title and put whatever.(A lot of people don't advise putting it directly in, instead use variables. I'm going the simple way) Then delete the content and put your links. Save is as x.html (X being what you want to call it) Upload it to the same directory as your other blocks. Go a folder up and there's a file called portal_body.html In it, find where you want to add the block and include it as others are included without the IF statements. Then, change the filename of the block included.
I think yo don't understand me at all...
my knowledge is not that little...

the issue is that this file must must must exists in the root directory...
for a certain reason...
and I don't want to copy it or copy the code in t to the block directory......
it must exist in www.mysite.com/block.html
all what I need to know is how to include it in the portal_body,html, although it exists in the root directory
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

moustafamin wrote:all what I need to know is how to include it in the portal_body,html, although it exists in the root directory
I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.
Place you html file in the root folder and add your include into portal_body like this -

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE ./../../../html_file.html -->
You may need to add/remove these -> ./../
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
moustafamin

Post by moustafamin »

cherokee red wrote:
moustafamin wrote:all what I need to know is how to include it in the portal_body,html, although it exists in the root directory
I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.
Place you html file in the root folder and add your include into portal_body like this -

<!-- INCLUDE ./../../../html_file.html -->
You may need to add/remove these -> ./../
yeah that was my question.. and yes it worked :D :D :D

thanks alot cherokee red... thanks alot Drugs
Mephistox

Post by Mephistox »

can by portal be on http://mysite.com and the forum be on http://forums.mysite.com ?
Tripp
Former Team Member

Post by Tripp »

I don't think so

Formerly Drugs
cinemaniac

Post by cinemaniac »

Hi everyone...

So, I was posting here because after 3 attempts in installing phpbb3 portal, it finally worked BUT THEN... appeared me an error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 347: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 421: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/auth.php on line 421: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Does anyone know how to solve this?! I dont know what to do... I've done everything thats in the installation guide, but the error keep coming...

Help please ^^

Thank you

Edit:

Found another error that cannot let me logged in...

And after making the login, appears this:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/auth.php on line 347

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/auth.php on line 421

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/auth.php on line 421

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php on line 3394

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php on line 3396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php on line 3397

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php:2922) in /home/redcarpe/public_html/redcarpetonline/includes/functions.php on line 3398
chainprayer

Post by chainprayer »

Is it easy to use this with different styles (vistaX), or does it require custom coding?
northfence

Post by northfence »

In the Advertisement settings, is it possible to use images (with links) to display ads from sponsors?
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

chainprayer wrote:Is it easy to use this with different styles (vistaX), or does it require custom coding?
Yes if its is based on prosilver you can use the prosilver files , if it is a subsilver2 based style you can use the subsilver2 files for your style :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”