[ABD] Full Syndication Suite 1.0.RC1 (RSS/ATOM)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mitch1063

Re: [RC1] Full Syndication Suite 1.0.RC1 (RSS/ATOM)

Post by Mitch1063 »

aston20 wrote:your link is dead
So is support for this mod
phreadom
Name: Justin Stressman

Post by phreadom »

Mitch1063 wrote:
I'm curious... are there any another comparable or possibly superior RSS feed mods like this available?

RSS Feed 2.0 sounds possibly comparable?: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1214645
Simple RSS mod for phpBB3 sounds too simple: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1189825

Anyone have any experience with these or other mods?

This one is still (luckily) working fine for me as of the latest phpBB release, but it couldn't hurt to be familiar with some alternatives just in case. :) (If I start having trouble with this one I'll probably have a look at the RSS Feed 2.0)
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

phreadom wrote:
Mitch1063 wrote:
I'm curious... are there any another comparable or possibly superior RSS feed mods like this available?...

Smartfeed -->> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=596879
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
windrider07

Post by windrider07 »

Fatal error: Call to undefined method cache::feed_load() in /home1/sparkonl/public_html/forums/generate_feed.php on line 241
Seems that after patching my 3.0.3 forum to 3.0.4, I get that error after trying out this RSS mod that my CMS site (FrogCMS) linked me to: http://frog.office-web.net/extensions/p ... lepie.html.

The guys over at FrogCMS forums say that the problem might have to do with that generate_feed.php file error.
windrider07

Post by windrider07 »

*bump*
Tuxman

Post by Tuxman »

When does that error occur?
[ randomly phpBBing ]
Mitch1063

Post by Mitch1063 »

windrider07 wrote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method cache::feed_load() in /home1/sparkonl/public_html/forums/generate_feed.php on line 241
Seems that after patching my 3.0.3 forum to 3.0.4, I get that error after trying out this RSS mod that my CMS site (FrogCMS) linked me to: http://frog.office-web.net/extensions/p ... lepie.html.

The guys over at FrogCMS forums say that the problem might have to do with that generate_feed.php file error.
same error as I had one page back no reply from author.
I uninstalled in all 3 of my forums and installed simple rss.
if the someone else picks up this MOD I will re install with the bug fix. for me the MOD was un-usable with that problem
windrider07

Post by windrider07 »

Tuxman, go to http://fiesta.sparkonline.net. You will see a blank page under Site News. The only thing you see the is the Comments area but no news. This is because when I patched my forum to 3.0.4, the RSS mod I was using stopped working.

Mitch, does Simple RSS work? What I want is to grab the latest forum threads from a particular forum section on my forums and display them on the front page of my CMS, which is FrogCMS.
Mitch1063

Post by Mitch1063 »

@windrider07

Yes its working but as the title says simple.
you cant pick the forums just a php file that gets all the resent messages and displays it.

that's the reason why I'm so upset I can't get this mod to work it was the best
windrider07

Post by windrider07 »

Hmm, that sucks. I probably won't use it then. I am wondering if uploading a brand new copy of the generate_feed.php file followed by a cache purge will resolve the problem. I got to find some way to make an rss feed appear on my CMS site. Having a blank news page up there doesn't look good.

EDIT: I also realized that there is no to contact the author of this thread, which is not good. I am guessing the rss mod we are both having trouble with is the same mod that the author of this thread created?
daf

Post by daf »

Hi, I'm quite new with phpbb and this is the first time I come here to post...

I would like to add RSS to my forum and this module looks quite nice but it seems the download link is down (says I don't have permission to access ...)
Do I need some kind of special permission to get it or is it really not working?

Thanks in advance
windrider07

Post by windrider07 »

Does anyone have a copy of this mod somewhere because I can't download it off the link provided in the first post? I'm gonna have a second try at it.
jnelson

Post by jnelson »

Im also looking for a copy of this mod. It would be much appreciated if someone would post a link or email me the file and I will post a link so others can download this. jnelson11 at gmail dot com

thanks!!
Mitch1063

Post by Mitch1063 »

jnelson wrote:Im also looking for a copy of this mod. It would be much appreciated if someone would post a link or email me the file and I will post a link so others can download this. jnelson11 at gmail dot com

thanks!!
I don't know why anyone would want to use a MOD that's not being supported, But I myself Like this mod and wish it worked for me. I did uninstall due to no support and a problem that wasn't being addressed. and in the Hopes that the MOD author or someone else would pick up and further develop this nice mod i will host the file on my server.
*Link removed on request*
Last edited by DavidIQ on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link on request from poster.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Due to apparent abandoment by the original author, I am locking this and marking ABD.

Schumi,
If you would like to re-open this topic to continue/revive support and development please PM a MOD Team member.

Thanks.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”