[ABD] Portal XL 5.0 ~ Plain (Basic)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
GJUK

Re: [BETA] PlusXL 4.0 Portal v0.3.B9

Post by GJUK »

Wickid, thank again mate :)

Will try upgrading to 9 later.

Jon
GJUK

Post by GJUK »

One comment I will make on this is im not keen on the portals home page, ability to drag around the Blocks.

I think its great that admins can do this, but Users dont need to be able to do this - is causing me a few emails from users saying "argh help uve fubered up the home page".

It also makes clicking on the banner links very hard.

Just an idea for the next release - id be very happy to see this feature.

Cheers

Jon
DaMysterious

Post by DaMysterious »

GJUK wrote: Just an idea for the next release - id be very happy to see this feature.
Just use the latest v0.3.B9 than. Drag & drog is switchable on/off from on this version.
DaMysterious.
GJUK

Post by GJUK »

Ok was not aware of this.

Thanks
DaMysterious

Re: [BETA] PlusXL 4.0 Portal v0.3.B8

Post by DaMysterious »

Fridge wrote:Looks great :)
Going to try this at my demo board.

Is there a dutch language available ? (probably not but never hurts to ask :mrgreen: )
A dutch translation is recently made available by Daan.
DaMysterious.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

The ability for guests and members to move the portal's blocks via the front portal... can it be turned off / disabled?
DaMysterious

Post by DaMysterious »

Peter77sx wrote:The ability for guests and members to move the portal's blocks via the front portal... can it be turned off / disabled?
Yes (from on 0.3B9)! I wrote this four messages above.

To do so ACP -> Portal -> Other settings -> Portal Drag and Drop options:
DaMysterious.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

DaMysterious wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:The ability for guests and members to move the portal's blocks via the front portal... can it be turned off / disabled?
Yes (from on 0.3B9)! I wrote this four messages above.

To do so ACP -> Portal -> Other settings -> Portal Drag and Drop options:
I mean.. will it also be disabled for me as well, or is this the only way to configure the portal's blocks? This feature makes my browsers stall ( IE , FF2 ) when I try moving blocks on your Portal demo site.

Thanks.
mko_san

Post by mko_san »

Peter77sx wrote: I mean.. will it also be disabled for me as well, or is this the only way to configure the portal's blocks? This feature makes my browsers stall ( IE , FF2 ) when I try moving blocks on your Portal demo site.

Thanks.
Let me addon a bit to this question:
- is there a way to totally disable drag'n'drop? [for everybody, including privileged groups]
- is there a way to force configure blocks, so that every user will see them the way I want them
- is there other way to configure the blocks then drag'n'drop? [ie dropdown boxes in adobe layout via acp?]
- how does the skinning integration look here? I mean does it have it's separate skin or is it dependant on current forum style? When changing the style, will it have to be totally modified by hand to match it?

As to the drag and drop issue - it stalls all of the browsers on my computer [ff, opera, ie7 and netscape]. It would be nice if a lite version of this portal could be made, where all the d'n'd java is removed from the actual portal page [my opera really has issues with it when scrolling up and down, it 'wobbles'...]. It could be a good idea to use it in acp portal configuration, where schematic layout of the portal would be visible with just block names. The block order could be then easily set by just dragging and dropping those blocks. That would be a perfect solution for me xD
DaMysterious

Post by DaMysterious »

mko_san wrote: - is there a way to totally disable drag'n'drop? [for everybody, including privileged groups]
Whole function is removed in next version.
mko_san wrote: - is there a way to force configure blocks, so that every user will see them the way I want them
Not possible at moment. Only switch on/off is available for most of the blocks.
mko_san wrote: - how does the skinning integration look here? I mean does it have it's separate skin or is it dependant on current forum style? When changing the style, will it have to be totally modified by hand to match it?
Depents on current forum style, portal html's residing in their own directory below templates.
DaMysterious.
mko_san

Post by mko_san »

DaMysterious wrote: Not possible at moment. Only switch on/off is available for most of the blocks.
hmm, that's quite a big downside. Are there any plans to have global block order configuration put in? If so, how soon can this be expected?
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Looks like you have some work to do with this Project, DaMysterious. Keep up the good work and goodluck with the development. ( BETA i know ) :)
mko_san

Post by mko_san »

i see you have disabled drag and drop on the demo site - portal's performance and loading time has greatly increased for me. Much better now ;]

You never answered my question - will there be a complete global configuration of block position and on/off switch for every block? [In other words - a complete control over how portal appears to users]
Frold

Post by Frold »

mko_san wrote:You never answered my question - will there be a complete global configuration of block position and on/off switch for every block? [In other words - a complete control over how portal appears to users]
With time yes, as I understand from the support forum!
mko_san

Post by mko_san »

Frold wrote: With time yes, as I understand from the support forum!
Are you a dev for this portal? or is it something you read somewhere [just making sure]? That feature is [at least from my point of view] rather crucial and basic, so I was wondering if/when it will be coded in [it should have been there to begin with, afterall what's the point of having a portal that you can't configure to meet your needs @_@]

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”