[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
scottybt

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by scottybt » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:04 pm

When trying to go into the list of moderators and admins at the bottom of the index I get an error..

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'u.user_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT u.user_id, v.id as vid FROM phpbb_users u , phpbb_user_group ug LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_vehicles v ON ( v.user_id = u.user_id AND v.main_vehicle = 1 ) WHERE u.user_type IN (0, 3) AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND u.user_id = ug.user_id AND ug.group_id = 4 ORDER BY ug.group_leader DESC, u.user_regdate ASC LIMIT 30

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 205
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 1367
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

sakm
Name: Stu

Post by sakm » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:26 am

WheelGuy wrote:A user just reported these errors to me earlier today. The first one happens when trying to modify manufacturer on the "Not listed here? Click Here" link.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/H/u/n/Huntsman444m/html/forum/cache/tpl_Strike-Yellow_garage_user_submit_data.html.php on line 159
im getting this one except its relevent to my template ie subsilver2 and not strike yellow

but if you clear the cache you get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/stu1981/public_html/phpBB3/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 159
then if you try again without clearing cache you get
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/stu1981/public_html/phpBB3/cache/tpl_subsilver2_garage_user_submit_data.html.php on line 159

scottybt

Post by scottybt » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 am

Another problem. This occurs when going into "Moderator Logs", but it only happens when I've got the norwegian language, it doesn't occur when having the forum in english.

http://www.mitoforum.org/priv/prob.png

... don't know if this has to do with the garage mod though

Solution?

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks, I will look into that and get back to you.

HarryMann

Post by HarryMann » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:52 am

scottybt wrote:Engine type - how can I alter the options here and create new?
We had the same need. That is, more specific engine types for our particular forum...
Also, it was very important to see Engine Type displayed in the main View-Vehicle page, as it is not worth users setting it if it isn't a part of the basic Vehicle specification - i.e. 'Engine' is a fundamental vehicle parameter.

Currently, the engine types differ from the Make and Model in not being dB table based, but being based on Constants - so require a fair bit of manual work to change, 3 or 4 sets of editing.

Whilst editing the constants and drop-down lists worked, I couldn't get the Engine Type to display on the main Vehicle-View page without building an Engine Type table and then setting the entries in this the same as in the Constants.

Because this is a 'half-way house' and wee bit messy (and when Editing a Vehicle again, Engine Type doesn't auto-select into the drop-down, danger of users re-setting to default) I'm not sure you will want to see my MOD?

If you do, just ask and I'll write it up for you...

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:04 pm

Engine types are the type of thing you set once and then forget. They are not worth the effort of moving to the DB. If you move them to the DB you have ACP,MCP pages.

You can changed,delete,add by following this simple guide. The file ./includes/mods/class_garage_template.php has the function -> engine_dropdown

This has two lines..

$id = array(NA_8_CYLINDER, FI_8_CYLINDER, NA_6_CYLINDER, FI_6_CYLINDER, NA_4_CYLINDER, FI_4_CYLINDER, );
        $text = array($user->lang['8_CYLINDER_NA'], $user->lang['8_CYLINDER_FI'], $user->lang['6_CYLINDER_NA'], $user->lang['6_CYLINDER_FI'], $user->lang['4_CYLINDER_NA'], $user->lang['4_CYLINDER_FI']); 
Change the two lines so you have the first array include the constants from ./includes/mods/constants_garage.php, the second array is the matching language string from ./language/xxx/mods/garage.php

Editing of a vehicle should work as all the code uses the function above as far as I know. Engine type will be available from the get_vehicle function and maybe we might just need a new function to match constant to langauge for display not in a dropdown

If you think you need the data displayed somewhere its not then report it as a bug at the tracker and I will look into it for next beta.

HarryMann

Post by HarryMann » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Engine types are the type of thing you set once and then forget. They are not worth the effort of moving to the DB. If you move them to the DB you have ACP,MCP pages.
OK thanks, I can see that for 'normal' popular car forums that might seem to be the case..

Our vehicles (VW T3/T25s last built from 1979 to 1991) are now increasingly being re-engined, and our current list is 7 original engine types but another 13 'alternatives' as many are now being extensively re-engined.
I don't expect this list to increase much now, but it will I expect (ahaaa!, have just remembered another engine type I have forgotten that is frequently used, damn!)

I'll add a request for main-page display of Engine Type to the bug tracker.

sakm
Name: Stu

Post by sakm » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:40 pm

HarryMann wrote:
OK thanks, I can see that for 'normal' popular car forums that might seem to be the case..

Our vehicles (VW T3/T25s last built from 1979 to 1991) are now increasingly being re-engined, and our current list is 7 original engine types but another 13 'alternatives' as many are now being extensively re-engined.
I don't expect this list to increase much now, but it will I expect (ahaaa!, have just remembered another engine type I have forgotten that is frequently used, damn!)

I'll add a request for main-page display of Engine Type to the bug tracker.

IMO this is classed as a modification so you should get your members to add it as a modification and tell a bit of a story about the engine and how it was fitted or something :?

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

sakm -> I agree, having just the cyclinder and induction type leaves more detail for the engine modification category. I will probably add search for this field in a later version.

HarryMann

Post by HarryMann » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:01 am

[Edited to abbrevaite- HM]
Not wanting to escalate this, but I totally disagree :)

The Modifications area of phpBBGarage is not the place to regale the intimate details of extensive and complex engine swaps and upgrades IMHO.
Our Technical Advice and reports Forum with embedded images and on-going discourse with others' having tackled similar jobs is. Or our Wikipedia, again with in-line images and unlimited space.
Anyone browsing the Garage needs to know 'at-a-glance' what engine is installed... they can then pursue further details if that or anything else interests them.

Having managed to get Engine Type displaying I was just trying to point the two others that have seen the same need in the direction we've taken.

PS. We are are over the moon with the new Garage V2, thanks; it'll be a powerful addition to our flourishing forum
Club 80-90 UK

scottybt

Post by scottybt » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm getting a PM quite often from users which sais "Items Requiring Approval", but there is no items requiring approval when I go into the link? In the ACP in General I've disabled moderator Make/model Approval... so I shouldn't get any PM's?

HarryMann

Post by HarryMann » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Same here... we quite often don't see anything requiring approval after a PM to that effect, but check that your co-moderators haven't approved it and that all your options are consistent...
In the ACP in General I've disabled moderator Make/model Approval... so I shouldn't get any PM's?
But what about businesses and products (garages, retail and products).. i.e. Modifications

Otherwise, report it in the bugtracker.
Last edited by HarryMann on Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 am

does this work for 3.0.2? :?

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:37 am

Yes it should work OK in anything >= 3.0.0 you might need to adjust the find statements a tiny bit. However I do highly recommend updating. With the auto updater this is now a easy painless process.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm

scottybt -> Moderator list is working for me @ http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/memberlis ... de=leaders

Might need access to add some debug code? That possible for you?

sakm -> Adding makes is working for me. can you try with prosilver and see if the problem exists still?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”