[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
WheelGuy

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by WheelGuy »

I did make that edit. Checked and doubled checked. All files uploaded etc, but I think I will wait until garage goes B2 or alpha before changinging over. 8-)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JunglistPerfection -> Sorry but how has installing this MOD messed up your database? Yes people have it installed and I have got some "thank yous" via mail. There are other bugs ... but that is what BETA releases are for, to find them. If BETA releases are not for you do not install them.

Have you now run the install_garage.php?? Did it work? It clearly steps you through all DB work. DId you follow my suggest to comment out common.php edit then run the script? I am trying to help you but need you to work with me rather than just state it messed up your DB ;)

WheelGuy -> Hmm..well its just that edit that loads that class providing all files are in correct location. Can i get FTP access and I will double check it all for you.
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

poyntesm wrote:JunglistPerfection -> Sorry but how has installing this MOD messed up your database? Yes people have it installed and I have got some "thank yous" via mail. There are other bugs ... but that is what BETA releases are for, to find them. If BETA releases are not for you do not install them.

Have you now run the install_garage.php?? Did it work? It clearly steps you through all DB work. DId you follow my suggest to comment out common.php edit then run the script? I am trying to help you but need you to work with me rather than just state it messed up your DB ;)
I followed all instructions, you should take a look at my early postings in that forum where I was talking about my error on my database. But, its cool. I'll wait until a another release comes out.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yes you posted the error. I posted what I believe to be the solution. You have not comfirmed that you tried the solution. So have now run the install_garage.php and still get the error?? If you are interested in the MOD then helping me to fix the early bugs is needed.

I believe the problem stems from the fact that the DIY instructions did not show. I have reported this to the MOD team as they look after the XSL that produces that page. This is not your fault and I am trying to help you get it running. If you want to provide FTP access via PM I will check it out all for you.
JunglistPerfection

I'll try out the mod again and I'll let you know through PM if I have any problems.
JunglistPerfection

Everything works fine, I figured out what I did wrong earlier. But I'm concerned about some of the editing for proSilver, the memberlist_body.html code is not matching to what was instructed in the installation mod. Just to let you know.
JunglistPerfection

Just a thought, I would be nice if you have all the garage setting be moved under its on module. :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

There is a MODs modules and I updated the code to point to that. To make the change on B1 do the following

ACP -> System -> (Module Management) Administration Control Panel -> Maintenace -> Garage Settings (EDIT) -> Set Parent to .MODS

Then repeat for garage management
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi all,

Right as prosilver work continues I solved two major issues today. One is the collapse/un-collapse of the menu on all pages and the other is the block position on IE. Below are linked two bugs that show the fix. The fix is basically edit garage_header.html and replace the function with the one from either of the tickets.

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/bugs/view.php?id=86
http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/bugs/view.php?id=87

This makes garage much much better on IE now and the collapse working means that design decision can now start to pay off. I am still working away hard on prosilver and a few other small bug but overall it prosilver that is the major work and a B2 release will happen once its done.
henningl

Post by henningl »

Just a quick question, since you're obviously fixing bugs related to prosilver..

How would phpBB Garage work with other styles? I'm considering using a slightly modified subSilver2 style, as I am afraid my users won't like prosilver :roll:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

henningl -> Any bugs that exists in both prosilver & subsilver2 will get fixed at the same time. Although currently most of what I am dealing with is prosilver only ... subsilver2 is much more stable. I currently & plan to continue to fully support subsilver2. So if your template is based off it you should be OK. To install just follow the subsilver2.xml in the ./templates/

Reminds me I must install & configure subsilver2 to the demo so you can see what it looks like.

If its highly highly modified you might have to spend a small bit of time to get sorted, but here I will help as much as possible.

If its a released template I will be accepting XML files to get included in the original package. This way you can contribute back to the MODification & the community :ugeek:
henningl

Post by henningl »

Thanks for your quick reply :D One less thing to worry about in my plans to upgrade phpBB :)

The subSilver2 template i plan to use will only have slight changes.. Colors, headers, some links, nothing worth releasing, and probably nothing that will interfere with the Garage mod.

Looking forward to installing your mod :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Then you will be OK. There are a few sites running subsilver2 version already and by far less bug reports from them. Think maybe one bug relating to UCP side missing some template stuff...but nothing that in anyway stops your users from using it.

Feedback and bugs greatly received so let me know how you get on.
JunglistPerfection

Poyntesm,

I just want to know if you got my long PM about the small problems I had with garage? Everything works fine, but garage wont let me upload images or place another car in my garage profile.

Thanks
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JunglistPerfection- > Sorry meant to repsond to that PM. Basically I offer all support via forums and not PM so if you could post the problems here that would be great, if I started to address the issues now the rest of the topic viewers would not know the problem that we are addressing which might be of use to others too ;) . So post the issue(s) here and we can start to look at it/them. Include a URL so I can see confirm stuff. Hope that is OK.

But a quick note the squashed text you talk about is normal at the moment till prosilver improves ... which it is doing everyday. It does not stop functional testing so I went ahead with the release knowing about it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”