[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poyntesm

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by poyntesm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Latest SVN = https://phpbbgarage.svn.sourceforge.net ... hpbb/trunk

Its 100% only for testing though... when I release the next beta you will need to totally delete it and the DB and start from scratch. Also I have a fairly large commit I will be doing in the next few days so its not 100% up to date, but it does have a semi working converter which is interesting to test. But testing others parts is not needed yet as I am working towards SQL strict support.

tffnguy

Post by tffnguy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:44 pm

Deleting the test board and database isn't a problem, but I'll just wait for the next beta like everyone else. Even if it kills me. ;)
Some people question my sanity because of the way I run my site. I question my sanity because I do run it.
-David T. Smith-

The Ford Falcon News
Living Off Grid in Terlingua Texas

streetmachine

Post by streetmachine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 am

I am so desperate for the release of this its killing me lol :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work matey 8-)

FlexyClown

Post by FlexyClown » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Killing us all!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:54 pm

LOL... sorry all for the wait. Got the CSS work back and have been trying to integrate that. Also trying to get the converter a bit more robust. It now is doing the images :D

Hang on in there... the next beta should be a good un...

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:07 pm

OK. I have asked a few people running the SVN codebase to have a test and see if there is anything major stopping me getting the next beta out. So the wait for a version to test on phpBB3.0 is nearly over.

WMCMoo

Post by WMCMoo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Wicked

Cant wait, what sort of timescale are we looking ? next few days ? a week ? few weeks ? a month ???

just a rough time would be great :)

:geek: thanks
.mOo . cOw.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:27 pm

I will give you what I am aiming for. It can change and do not hold me to any of this. Its purely a goal.

So some private testers are trying out the latest SVN. If they give it the green light that will become the next beta which will be beta3 and that will be out by this weekend. Had to package it and prepare some docs but nothing major.

I plan a 3 week beta cycle with beta4 coming around the 9th Feb. For beta4 I want a quick 1 week cycle moving to a RC release roughly 16th Feb. Providing all goes well that RC will be submitted to MODDB and then it can take 1 month to get it approved.

However MODs like this are HUGE for the MOD team to validate. I expect most likely 3 RC releases might be needed.

WMCMoo

Post by WMCMoo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm

wicked, hope all goes well for you then :)

looks forward to the next beta/release
.mOo . cOw.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Anyone interested in seeing how this MOD installs and how it converts your data from phpBBGarage v1 will like this little video.

http://www.phpbbgarage.com/video/conversion/

It shows a start to finish install of phpBB3.0 and conversion phpBB2.0.22 and followed by a phpBBGarage2.0 install and conversion from phpBBGarage 1.0

The next beta is just around the corner :D :D

JoQ

Post by JoQ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm running a carforum for the Nissan 200sx s13 car, and a mod like this will make the forum way better. The members are looking forward to this mod (i havn't used it earlier, the forum started at phpBB3). Am I able to download the beta that you are releasing and run it on my forum or is it only a "closed" beta for special members?
If so, where do i download it when it is released? And will it be possible to update to next releases without loosing any data from the members?

Thank you alot!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:05 pm

The beta will be public and a link will be provided to download. However beta software is not for running live. While the plan is to allow upgrades it depends on how things progress.

callumw

Post by callumw » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi
Saw the vid on how to upgrade.
You converted from V1.2.0 to your phpbb3 and I see you have an upgrade for v1.0.5.....

My garage is V1.0.2
Will that be an issue?
I assume it's just pulling the DB info across and so as long as there was no alteration to the DB schema between V1.0.2 and v1.0.5 then it should transfer using that option?

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:48 pm

poyntesm wrote:Anyone interested in seeing how this MOD installs and how it converts your data from phpBBGarage v1 will like this little video.

http://www.phpbbgarage.com/video/conversion/

It shows a start to finish install of phpBB3.0 and conversion phpBB2.0.22 and followed by a phpBBGarage2.0 install and conversion from phpBBGarage 1.0

The next beta is just around the corner :D :D

Just saw the video..!!!
Man, you've done it again !!! :D
The whole process feels like garage is part of the board from the beginning !!!
Congratulations!!

One q:
I have 2 phpbb2 boards which use the garage and are waiting the v3 to be out so that I can migrate to Olympus. One board has version 1.0.4 and the other 1.0.5. I noticed in the video that the converter writes about phpbbgarage 1.0.5. Will it work with 1.0.4, too, or I'll have to upgrade to 1.0.5 first? (I assume it won't be necessary, since -as far as I recall - 1.0.5 did not have many differences from 1.0.4. Could U confirm this?)
Last edited by ChriZathens on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 am

callumw ->yes correct it is just pulling the info across. The converter for 1.0.5 will work from 1.0.0 onwards. I did not test it (and not planing to) on version early than 1.0.0

ChriZathens -> Yeah see above.

Just remember though even though this looks lovely and polished its still a BETA release and you should only be running it to test it and not yet replace you old garage. Hopefully it will not be long before RC stage where I will support people running it live.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”