[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
moifest

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by moifest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Will there be a modx file with the installation for those of us that want to do the existing file changes to the likes of common.php etc and the style edits manually.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:41 pm

But of course

callumw

Post by callumw » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Excellent :)
I'll wait for the Beta to end before I impliment.

I'm upgrading the BB from 2 -> 3 this weekend
I'm sure they can live without the garage for a few weeks.

Thanks bud 8-)

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:54 am

My people can't live without it, that's why I haven't migrated to phpbb3 yet...
After garage completion I will be 90% ready to migrate... :D
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

tffnguy

Post by tffnguy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:26 pm

I didn't have it on my phpBB2 forums and upgraded to phpBB3 at the release of RC1 so I don't have to worry about converting. What I would like to know though is what happens once it is installed and phpBB3 comes out with an update? Will reinstall of the garage work to get everything setup again without messing with the existing data? I assume that once phpBB3 is updated some (If not all) of the files that are required by garage will be over written so this could be a real problem. I'd sure hate to have to manually edit all of the files after that.
Some people question my sanity because of the way I run my site. I question my sanity because I do run it.
-David T. Smith-

The Ford Falcon News
Living Off Grid in Terlingua Texas

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:19 am

The garage integrates in a pretty seemless way, I would not expect any updates to phpBB3.0 to require any work to keep the Garage working. If a version does require changes then I will support it ASAP and a new version will be produced. However you would not need to reinstall just make whatever changes are needed to keep it working.

Remeber all the data sits in its own tables and 99% of files are 100% garage related. So only places we integrate are profile, topics & header, and even there the integration is neatly done.

The beta should have been ready today :( but when the converter ran on my live site it went nuts so working to fix that ASAP.

daemonic

Post by daemonic » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:37 pm

will it possible to manually upgrade from beta 2 to this new beta?
My Mods:
OurTube (YouTube clone) [Core: 95%, Features: ??%]
Shop with PayPal Checkout [85%]
Like my mods? Why not make a donation

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:21 pm

No, you will need to delete all tables and files and start from scratch. Plus some new permissions and stuff are added so you will need to remove all traces of what was added with B2.

FlexyClown

Post by FlexyClown » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:32 pm

poyntesm wrote:....The beta should have been ready today :( but when the converter ran on my live site it went nuts so working to fix that ASAP.
Ah you're such a tease with this release ;)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Trust me I am gutted that when converting my site I had an issue. I was ready to release it until that happened. I am working on figuring out the cause.

WMCMoo

Post by WMCMoo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:03 pm

looking really forward to it :)
.mOo . cOw.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:14 am

OK, my baord is now converted :D :D

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/garage.php

However I have a tiny bit of work now to do, seems my development environment was not showing me E_NOTICE errors which is very important so I just need a check check with that setting turned back on before I dump the beta on you guys. So plan is Wednesday and beta will include the converter now :)

RooMeat

Post by RooMeat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:02 pm

SWEET!!!! I have my local test site running with a full backup of my live site.. just waiting to test this out with the conversion :)
Keep up the fantastic.. and thank you ;)
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP

JoQ

Post by JoQ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Yeees :D Been waiting for a long time now, never tried this out before so converter isn't nessesary for me :P
There is one think i have been thinking of though, my server is maximum 1GB, and is it possible to set a max imagesize? And a max images per user too? Or can i even upload the pictures on another server?

I'm working on a new style for my forum, will it be possible to use phpBB Garage with it, after some modifications?
Keep up the good work :)

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:25 pm

JoQ wrote:Yeees :D Been waiting for a long time now, never tried this out before so converter isn't nessesary for me :P
There is one think i have been thinking of though, my server is maximum 1GB, and is it possible to set a max imagesize? And a max images per user too? Or can i even upload the pictures on another server?

I'm working on a new style for my forum, will it be possible to use phpBB Garage with it, after some modifications?
Keep up the good work :)
In Version 1.0.5 (latest stable for phpbb2) you could define maximum image size in KB/pixels plus how many images a user can upload, also use remote images...
Here is a screenshot:

So you should guess that Garage 2.0 will also have this features, and even more... :D
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”