[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
pjjacobs

phpBB Garage 2.0 MIN installation

Post by pjjacobs »

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function adm_back_link() in D:\xampp\htdocs\Forum\includes\acp\acp_modules.php on line 768
Im getting the above error when i try install this on my trial phpbb3. I installed it the other day and it worked, the entire MIN installation finised, but i had to redo the board, uploaded the same files and same everything, and now the MIN installation only goes to "Set Permissions", then the next step "Install Modules" gives me the above error, any idea why?

I also tried installing this mod totally manually by only editing the files, then running the SQL schema & data files seperately in a query window, but then i cant add the Modules at all, any idea why?

Isnt there a way to install this without using any of the "automated" install whatsoever?

Btw, did the author abandon this project? I dont see him visiting his site or improving it anymore
cfuk85

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by cfuk85 »

i've just installed this mod onto my forum and all seems to be running fine, but when i try to go into the admin panel i just get a black screen. All was working ok before i install the garage mod.

Any help? :)
cfuk85

Post by cfuk85 »

right i've got the error done to being in one of these files:

adm/index.php
includes/functions.php
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

is development of this mod dead?

i was hoping to install it on my car club's website but development looks to have crawled to a standstill on this. what's the deal?
brenblade

Post by brenblade »

if you read back you will see the guy is busy at the moment and short of time, but things look good for the future.
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

I had this mod on my site when he first came out with it. It was very popular on my site. I hope to see it come along in the near future.
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

i might just seek development from a freelancer on this who can tweak the code. there haven't been any updates to this in months.
Ryanmt

Post by Ryanmt »

How stable is it at the moment, worth just risking it and using it on a live board?
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Ryanmt wrote:How stable is it at the moment, worth just risking it and using it on a live board?
The mod is very stable. Just make sure you know what your doing when you install the mod. Yes, its worth using on a live board.
Sisem

Post by Sisem »

I'm almost going to dissagree about using it on a live board.

I'm having issues with the database after having been running it live for 2 months or so now.

It seems to be creating orphan products when trying to remove duplicate items users have entered, and a few other odd things by the looks of it. To the point that now some of the products from certain manufacturers are now not working at all.

I've had to drop a lot of products from the database manually, and then recreate them to get them working again. But then the users have also had to re-add the mods. Not a great situation.

I'm running the latest svn version to, so post B3, as there were some issues with B3 which stopped me running it live.

Nick
pjjacobs

Post by pjjacobs »

Sisem wrote:I'm almost going to dissagree about using it on a live board.

I'm having issues with the database after having been running it live for 2 months or so now.

It seems to be creating orphan products when trying to remove duplicate items users have entered, and a few other odd things by the looks of it. To the point that now some of the products from certain manufacturers are now not working at all.

I've had to drop a lot of products from the database manually, and then recreate them to get them working again. But then the users have also had to re-add the mods. Not a great situation.

I'm running the latest svn version to, so post B3, as there were some issues with B3 which stopped me running it live.
Ditto

Its not stable, lots and lots of bugs...somebody needs to take this project and continue with it, there is a huge demand for it yet there havent been any progress in months :(
markus76

Post by markus76 »

I made a lot of changes in the code an in the moment it works ...ok...

My biggest Problem right now is the template.

Take a look: http://www.japan-dreamcars.com/garage.php (sorry but only in german available)

When everyting works fine, i can make a zip-file of all changed files ;)

Biggest changes in the moment:
- you can now sent modifications without Rating, Price etc.

Problem to fix:
- Carrating does not work correct :roll:
lilFlip

Post by lilFlip »

Is this mod stable now? It looks like the last communication on this being unstable was back on July 22nd, 2008. Its been a couple of months, and am curious as I just upgraded my car club's website and they want me to get the garage back... :)
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Yesterday I attempted an installation and it installed ok...
Problem is converting from phpbb garage 1.0.5.. My forum is greek and I'm having errors with some modification names which have their titles in Greek. I'll try and locate the problem and try to fix it, although after 1 hour of searching yesterday did not have any results..
If anyone believes they can assist with this, the problem lies in garage/install/convertors/phpbbgarage10.php

The error is that it cannot enter the product title in field title of products_table if this title has Greek characters .. :?
The thing is that I could not locate where the insert for this field happens in that specific file (phpbbgarage10.php).
If anyone believes they are capable of helping, that would be nice...(someone kind enough from the mod team?) ;)
The converter is based on phpbb3 converter..

Personally I will continue with my efforts and if I have any happy results I will post them here.
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

OK, a small update on this...
After messing a bit with the converter, I came up with a "dirty" solution..
This way the conversion completes successfully and the bad effects are as minimum as possible.. :roll:

Anyways if anyone wants to give it a try in case they have an encoding problem during the conversion which gets interrupted with sql error like
Incorect string value... insert....(\Xaz\nGr\...) etc
here is what I've managed so far:

open garage/install/convertors/functions_phpbbgarage10.php
find

'title'		=> $row['title'],
replace with

'title'		=> utf8_normalize_nfc($row['title']),
find

'title'		=> $dynocentre,
replace with

'title'		=> utf8_normalize_nfc($dynocentre),
This way the conversion will complete successfully and the only problem (at least this is what exists for me) is that some modifications will have hieroglyphics instead of their actual name. In my case where my garage has over 2000 modifications I admit that it is not the best solution to have to correct about 500 of them but if someone has a small garage with let's say 100 modifications, this might solve their biggest problem which was not making it to convert at all.
I say it again: This is not the best way to do this, it is just my "dirty" temporary solution.
If someone can give any better ideas please do... :
( (let me say again that phpbbgarage's converter is 100% based on phpbb2 to phpbb2 converter, so any experienced mod author or member could find the solution relatively easily, I think..)
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”