[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RooMeat

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by RooMeat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah that should be easy enough. I had altered the phpbb2 version to suit sportsbikes rather than cars.. and no problems :)
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi all,

With BETA4 getting closer I would like to have before I do the release, a week of focused testing. I am ideally looking for 5+ people. Each person will test a specific area.

ACP, MCP, UCP, Vehicle, Modification etc...

If you are interested please let me know. We will be testing against the latest SVN once I perform a large checkin I have pending. I will assist you getting it running by packaging a build for any tester not OK with SVN, that package will install against 3.0.2 easily (i hope)

I will be able to provide a high level overview for each area of the tests I would like performed. I would then like to release B4 once any bugs from that have been resolved. As always this should not be done on a live site, but rather a personal test site.

This really would be a great help to me, I recently was doing some fix and thought I better check the impact on the MCP, well lets just say I found a good few bugs. By giving one person a task and narrowing the focus window I hope to enable them to find the bugs for that area. Its not a case of being annoyed with the tester if later we find more bugs there.. just a way to focus on getting towards a release.

B4 should fix many nasty bugs and bring the overall stability up a good amount. However I still see a B5 before we move to RC stage.

Regards
Esmond

RooMeat

Post by RooMeat » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:18 am

I would LOVE to test this mate. Happy to load it onto a fresh phpbb and give it a whirl :D :D :D
But will need a full package to download (no good with SVN ;) )
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks, no problem with a full package and any help needed to get it running. I will contact you I would say in 3 days once my large checkin is done.

MrC
Name: Ivo

Post by MrC » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Esmond,

I can help only not next week due to vacation.
I can offer a test board and/or a copy of the live forums. I have also a 5 man test team available who certainly will help testing the garage.

Since my SVN knowlegde is below 0 i also prefer a full package ;)

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:37 am

I would like to help testing to.
Prefer full pacakge ;)

matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:35 pm

I could help with the testing as well. Full package for me also

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Thanks all for the offers. Its a real help. I will mail/pm those during the week with details of the package and the area and tests I would like done.

It should allow us get B4 to a nice state for more general users to continue testing.

cputester

Post by cputester » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 pm

sorry for not reading all the 3o prvious pages but I have a question on this mod...
I had a phpbb2 installation with garage 1.05. Now I converted to phpbb3 how can I convert the garage to thenew installation? I have to install the mod obviously bu how can I transfer my data?

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:34 pm

The package (beta 3 and any later) comes with a converter. It works 100% like phpBB. You install the phpBB Garage via a special installer and then once installed the converter option is available.

However you should only be testing the converter as a dry run. Beta3 should not be used live. Once we hit RC stage if people run it live thats there choice, but till RC i recommend its only non production sites.

As an aside, BETA4 should be very close. I have packaged today a special pre-beta build for some testers. So in one week I expect BETA4.

My06Stang

Post by My06Stang » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:02 am

I love this mod and and eagerly waiting the next release to fix the bugs.

I have it up and running on a car club website.

I was wondering if the issue with the timeslips will be addressed. As it stands only the 1/4 time and speed are saved and it rounds everything else. I have alot of guys who want all 3 decimal places saved in the data.

Cant wait to be able to turn on the blog and other items. in general it works great and the Mod s area is really cool. I didnt know I spent so much on my car till I looked and it told me. :o

Here is my site. http://mmjax.info

cputester

Post by cputester » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:52 pm

poyntesm wrote:The package (beta 3 and any later) comes with a converter. It works 100% like phpBB. You install the phpBB Garage via a special installer and then once installed the converter option is available.

However you should only be testing the converter as a dry run. Beta3 should not be used live. Once we hit RC stage if people run it live thats there choice, but till RC i recommend its only non production sites.

As an aside, BETA4 should be very close. I have packaged today a special pre-beta build for some testers. So in one week I expect BETA4.

Thanks for the answer but (maybe because I'm not so interested in this) this garage-mod is always in beta mod... I don't care to have the latest one so can you tell me what version is the latest stable with e converter and give me a link to use this?
So in that case I have to upgrade the version on my phpbb2 and then install it on my new phpbb3 and then convert it?
Thank you for your answers

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 pm

There currently is no stable version for phpBB3 and so no stable version of the converter. The mod is 108,502 lines of code and as such takes time to get stable. I suggest you wait till its in the MODDB so if you want the stable release.

cputester

Post by cputester » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:20 am

Can you assume about how much time it will take to get a stable version? more than a month?

RooMeat

Post by RooMeat » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:52 am

It'll be ready.. when it's ready.. patience grasshopper :D :D :D
I am sure Esmond is working on it as best he can.. but seeing as this is open source (read free.. unpaid).. I would guarantee proper work and family will take priority.. as it would with me ;)

All good things come to those who wait :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”