[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sakm
Name: Stu

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by sakm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:21 pm

it works fine with prosilver :?

i tried it on a fresh install using phpBB files and modding them a back up of my main board and modding that and with the premodded files all with a new database :?

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:33 pm

I installed this (on 3.0.2 with prosilver) and all the setup went on well...

But i cant somehow seem to get the link enabled(which should be the links as inserted onto the overall_header.html file) ... I have seen the garage settings and all the options are enabled (auto enabled by the installer)

Should i be looking into something more..I have used the standard edition of the MOD

SSEi95

Post by SSEi95 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I've just installed this mod and the install went well. Only thing is all the MCP, ACP, and UCP functions were added 3 times. that was an easy fix. But looking around, the main menu on the garage.php page shows up empty, and none of the buttons such as "new vehicle" shows up at all. I can create a new vehicle in my profile though by manually typing in the correct address. So it seems to be just an issue with the links and related images.

Also, I am missing the last half of the garage management links in the ACP. (tools. products, quota, tracks). These are all added correctly inthe ACP ubt still don't show on the ACP list under the .MOD tab.

EDIT: this is on a subsilver2 theme (only colors and minor modifications to it)

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 pm

I have problems whit the converter its not visible

See also:

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=914
Last edited by PaulusB on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

versache

Post by versache » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:31 pm

I am having a weird issue.

For some reason, in subsilver2, the profile integration is making all the text in the profile huge. I have narrowed it down, and it looks like the culprit is a stray question mark at the begining of the page...i'll elaborate. If i enable profile integration, i can view the souce of the memberlist.php page and there is a "?" at the beginning of the document. If I turn it off, there isn't a question mark. I went on to save the "question marked" souce as an html doc and opened it that way and it looked the same. I simply removed the question mark and the page returned to normal.

Does anyone have any idea where this question mark is coming from?

Thanks
David

ps...i just switched to prosilver for a sec and it looks like the question make is there as well, but the page looks fine...

grotevoet

Post by grotevoet » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:39 pm

versache wrote:I am having a weird issue.

For some reason, in subsilver2, the profile integration is making all the text in the profile huge. I have narrowed it down, and it looks like the culprit is a stray question mark at the begining of the page
The huge letters in SubSilver2 are a common indication that a php error has occured - do you have debugging enabled in you CONFIG.PHP?

And the might link to the rouge question mark - check any of the files you modified recently for the 1st and last line. Those should contain the PHP start and end tag: <?php and ?>. These should each be on a line of their own, no spaces.

Hth,
Marc

0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Just installed and got it running absolutely fine, apart from one thing... all the buttons are missing e.g. add vehicle etc... also the colour scheme is'nt working.
have I missed something?

I'm running the prosilver theme on phpbb 3.0.1

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 pm

^^ Everyone has the same problem i think :?

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm

0dd0ne wrote:Just installed and got it running absolutely fine, apart from one thing... all the buttons are missing e.g. add vehicle etc... also the colour scheme is'nt working.
have I missed something?

Did you clear cache and refresh template/theme/imageset (all 3) ?

0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:02 pm

yup cleared the cache and nothing, still same problem. yet so close but yet so far! :P
The system looks great, hope theres a solution soon! :)

matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm

0dd0ne wrote:Just installed and got it running absolutely fine, apart from one thing... all the buttons are missing e.g. add vehicle etc... also the colour scheme is'nt working.
have I missed something?

I've just installed B4 again on the test version of my live board, 3.0.4 and it's all working fine. Hasn't poyntesm changed some of the code so that this works with the most recent version?

Also, which install type did you use? I used:

phpBB Garage 2.0.B4 Standard - Will perform DB work and manual file edits

0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 pm

I also used phpBB Garage 2.0.B4 Standard - Will perform DB work and manual file edits, on phpbb 3.0.1.
I've been around the houses to try and work this out, when was that packaged last updated as I only added it a few days ago. In the acp I can disable the images to work as a link however the links dont show either, so I'm guessing it's something more sinister. :(

matt1206

Post by matt1206 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 pm

0dd0ne wrote:I also used phpBB Garage 2.0.B4 Standard - Will perform DB work and manual file edits, on phpbb 3.0.1.
I've been around the houses to try and work this out, when was that packaged last updated as I only added it a few days ago. In the acp I can disable the images to work as a link however the links dont show either, so I'm guessing it's something more sinister. :(
I personally think the issue is with you using phpbb 3.0.1

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=907
poyntesm wrote:This is the second release available since the release of phpBB 3.0 and is intended for use with 3.0.4
Although I'm no expert :|

0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 pm

I think you maybe right. If I was to update the board to the latest version, would it affect any other mods I have installed. The fear being updating the board would cause a few errors and downtime on the site...

matt1206

Post by matt1206 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 pm

I've upgraded my site to 3.0.4 using the auto-update each time, and I've had no issues (although I wasn't running the garage before updating....but do have about 15 other mods installed).

Are you able to do a localhost test update before rolling it out to the live site? That is what I have done also, to prevent such downtime in the event of any issues.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”