[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
0dd0ne

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by 0dd0ne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 pm

I think I'll do a full backup and try with the update. Unfortunately no local version to test prior to it - I should really sort that out! :P Thanks for the help; I'll let you know the outcome; touch wood it'll be positive! :)

0dd0ne

Post by 0dd0ne » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

well updated to 3.0.4 and still the same problem doh! :?

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:47 pm

I have this error when a user wants to add a make thats not listed.

SELECT mk.id, mk.make FROM (phpbb_garage_makes mk) WHERE mk.id =

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

poyntesm, thank you for this great mod! I had no troubles at all installing it on 3.04.

I intend on stripping it down substantially to suit my application which is simply a way for users to share their collection of surfboards. I was hoping I could get some insight from you in terms of files and db tables I would no longer need if I were to strip out:

1/4 Mile & Table
Dynorun & Table
Insurance Review
Shop Review
Garage Review
Lap Table
Modifications

I think that without these added functionalities and a bit of elbow grease to the language and template files, and db fields, anyone could use this mod to showcase member collections of any sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Ok so I've actually managed to strip out a good portion of the mod to serve my purpose of just showing member's surfboards. Here are some screenshots of the beta launch ...

I did want to do additional things which I've listed below. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1) Add a Board3 Portal block to show just the "Featured Vehicle" section of the garage index page. Which php file do I need to include to call on the vehicle info specifically the vehicle make, model, and and hilite image?

2) In the garage index, how can I add other "Featured Vehicles" so that it is a random selection of, for example, 4 vehicles?

3) I'd like to add two additional required fields ...

a) One that acts like the "make" or "model" field where users can add their own variable and I can see the variables in the ACP. I also would like this field to be one of the search options.

b) This one might be tough ... measurement fields for height and width each broken down into "feet" and "inches" and both fields searchable and sortable.

I'll be working on these changes and at some point I'm pretty sure I can implement them. But any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated since my knowledge of programming sucks. I basically look at code and if it looks like does what I think it does, change it, save it, test it and see what happens. :(

chado

Post by chado » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 pm

PHPBBGARAGE REBIRTH - seeking a modders/developers touch

So I am one of the many phpbbgarage user that would like to see this mod get to a final stable release so we can all enjoy it on our sites,

It looks like the developer has abandoned this mod, there has been no activity on its site and we are all worried it will not get completed, It is in desprate need of a good modders touch to get a handful of the bugs worked out.

is there anyone or anygroup out there willing to take a crack at it?
(if i was a php programmer i would hammer this out so fast)

good day to you all

HERE IS THE DELEVOPMENT SITE
http://www.phpbbgarage.com/

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 am

I think this is one of those mods (like many) where you just gotta take it for what it is, put your own elbow greese into it, and pray nothing blows up.

matt1206
Name: Matt Worthington

Post by matt1206 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 pm

I've been running this live for a couple of weeks now. I've had to make a few manual changes (like removing the rating system) and a few minor fixes, but it's pretty stable. Some of my fixes are detailed in the B4 discussion thread on phpbbgarage.com

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:02 am

got this to install incredibly smooth, all manual edits. flawless. super pumped about this. installed onto the proglass theme with ease.

2 questions.

1. how could i make the images highslide instead of just opening in a new window/tab?

2. under the 'shop reviews' tab. my tables are not spaced they are all jammed together, would like some separation to be able to tell the shops apart more clearly. i can attach a screenshot if need be.

as you can see in the image, the 2 tables are run together.

in the garage_view_shop_business.html file its something to do with this area of code

Code: Select all

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span>
		</div>
		<!-- END business_row -->
	</div>

<div class="panel">
		<div class="inner">
			<span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
			<!-- IF PAGINATION or TOTAL_BUSINESS -->
Last edited by thejdm on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0

the.ronin

Post by the.ronin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 am

thejdm wrote: 1. how could i make the images highslide instead of just opening in a new window/tab?
This would be the best thing since meatballs. :!:

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:58 pm

i know alot of people like to used the fixed style themes. i found a bothersome 'bug' that when adding modifications to your car the modification page looks very out of place and hard to navigate.

here is a sample of the before:

here is what it looks like after:

here is the correct template edits, just adding them to new lines

open: root/styles/prosilver/template/garage_modification.html

find:

<fieldset>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_CATEGORY}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="category_id" name="category_id" onchange="category_change(this)" ><option value="">{L_SELECT_CATEGORY}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN category--><option value="{category.VALUE}" <!-- IF category.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{category.TEXT}</option><!-- END category --></select>&nbsp;</dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_MANUFACTURER}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="manufacturer_id" name="manufacturer_id" onchange="get_product_list(this)" ><option value="">{L_SELECT_MANUFACTURER}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN manufacturer--><option value="{manufacturer.VALUE}" <!-- IF manufacturer.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{manufacturer.TEXT}</option><!-- END manufacturer --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_PRODUCT}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PRODUCT}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="product_id" name="product_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_PRODUCT}</option><option value="">------</option></select>&nbsp;&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_PRODUCT}">{L_HERE}</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>{L_RATING}</b>&nbsp;<select id="product_rating" name="product_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN product_rating --><option value="{product_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF product_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{product_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END product_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PURCHASED_FROM}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
									  	<dd><select id="shop_id" name="shop_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_SHOP}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN shop --><option value="{shop.VALUE}" <!-- IF shop.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{shop.TEXT}</option><!-- END shop --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_SHOP}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PURCHASED_PRICE}</b></dt>
										<dd>{CURRENCY}:<input name="price" type="text" class="inputbox percision6" maxlength="8" value="{PRICE}" />{L_DECIMAL_SEPERATOR}<input name="price_decimal" type="text" class="inputbox percision2" maxlength="2" value="{PRICE_DECIMAL}" />&nbsp;<b>{L_PURCHASE_RATING}</b>&nbsp;<select id="purchase_rating" name="purchase_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN purchase_rating --><option value="{purchase_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF purchase_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{purchase_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END purchase_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>	
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALLED_BY}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
									  	<dd><select id="installer_id" name="installer_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_GARAGE}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN garage --><option value="{garage.VALUE}" <!-- IF garage.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{garage.TEXT}</option><!-- END garage --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_GARAGE}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALLATION_PRICE}</b></dt>
										<dd>{CURRENCY}:<input name="install_price" type="text" class="inputbox percision6" maxlength="8" value="{INSTALL_PRICE}" />{L_DECIMAL_SEPERATOR}<input name="install_price_decimal" type="text" class="inputbox percision2" maxlength="2" value="{INSTALL_PRICE_DECIMAL}" />&nbsp;<b>{L_INSTALLATION_RATING}</b>&nbsp;<select id="install_rating" name="install_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN install_rating --><option value="{install_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF install_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{install_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END install_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_DESCRIPTION}</b></dt>
										<dd><textarea name="comments" cols="60" rows="4" class="inputbox">{COMMENTS}</textarea></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALL_COMMENTS}</b><br />{L_ONLY_SHOW_IN_REVIEW}</dt>
										<dd><textarea name="install_comments" cols="60" rows="4" class="inputbox">{INSTALL_COMMENTS}</textarea></dd>
									</dl>

<!-- IF ! MID -->
										<!-- INCLUDE garage_image_attach.html -->
									<!-- ENDIF -->

</fieldset>
replace with:

<fieldset>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_CATEGORY}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="category_id" name="category_id" onchange="category_change(this)" ><option value="">{L_SELECT_CATEGORY}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN category--><option value="{category.VALUE}" <!-- IF category.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{category.TEXT}</option><!-- END category --></select>&nbsp;</dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_MANUFACTURER}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="manufacturer_id" name="manufacturer_id" onchange="get_product_list(this)" ><option value="">{L_SELECT_MANUFACTURER}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN manufacturer--><option value="{manufacturer.VALUE}" <!-- IF manufacturer.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{manufacturer.TEXT}</option><!-- END manufacturer --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_PRODUCT}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PRODUCT}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
										<dd><select id="product_id" name="product_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_PRODUCT}</option><option value="">------</option></select>&nbsp;&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_PRODUCT}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PRODUCT_RATING}</b></dt>
										<dd><select id="product_rating" name="product_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN product_rating --><option value="{product_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF product_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{product_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END product_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PURCHASED_FROM}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
									  	<dd><select id="shop_id" name="shop_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_SHOP}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN shop --><option value="{shop.VALUE}" <!-- IF shop.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{shop.TEXT}</option><!-- END shop --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_SHOP}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PURCHASED_PRICE}</b></dt>
										<dd>{CURRENCY}:<input name="price" type="text" class="inputbox percision6" maxlength="8" value="{PRICE}" />{L_DECIMAL_SEPERATOR}<input name="price_decimal" type="text" class="inputbox percision2" maxlength="2" value="{PRICE_DECIMAL}" /></dd>
									</dl>	

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_PURCHASE_RATING}</b></dt>
										<dd><select id="purchase_rating" name="purchase_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN purchase_rating --><option value="{purchase_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF purchase_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{purchase_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END purchase_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>	

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALLED_BY}</b>&nbsp;<span style="color:#FF0000">[{L_REQUIRED}]</span></dt>
									  	<dd><select id="installer_id" name="installer_id"><option value="">{L_SELECT_GARAGE}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN garage --><option value="{garage.VALUE}" <!-- IF garage.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{garage.TEXT}</option><!-- END garage --></select>&nbsp;{L_NOT_LISTED_YET}<a href="{U_SUBMIT_BUSINESS_GARAGE}">{L_HERE}</a></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALLATION_PRICE}</b></dt>
										<dd>{CURRENCY}:<input name="install_price" type="text" class="inputbox percision6" maxlength="8" value="{INSTALL_PRICE}" />{L_DECIMAL_SEPERATOR}<input name="install_price_decimal" type="text" class="inputbox percision2" maxlength="2" value="{INSTALL_PRICE_DECIMAL}" /></dd>
									</dl>

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALLATION_RATING}</b></dt>
										<dd><select id="install_rating" name="install_rating"><option value="">{L_SELECT_RATING}</option><option value="">------</option><!-- BEGIN install_rating --><option value="{install_rating.VALUE}" <!-- IF install_rating.S_SELECTED -->selected="selected"<!-- ENDIF -->>{install_rating.TEXT}</option><!-- END install_rating --></select></dd>
									</dl>

<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_DESCRIPTION}</b></dt>
										<dd><textarea name="comments" cols="60" rows="4" class="inputbox">{COMMENTS}</textarea></dd>
									</dl>
									<dl>
										<dt><b>{L_INSTALL_COMMENTS}</b><br />{L_ONLY_SHOW_IN_REVIEW}</dt>
										<dd><textarea name="install_comments" cols="60" rows="4" class="inputbox">{INSTALL_COMMENTS}</textarea></dd>
									</dl>

<!-- IF ! MID -->
										<!-- INCLUDE garage_image_attach.html -->
									<!-- ENDIF -->

</fieldset>

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:53 pm

anyone feel like taking a stab @ the highslide images? :O

cantdrive55

Post by cantdrive55 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 am

I have 2.0.B3 installed but went to update to B4 today and have run into an issue. I copied over the whole ./garage and ./styles folders over onto my root for phpbb and went to ./garage/install but when it gets to the point where it checks the files it comes up with:
General Error
The update files are incomplete.
I know the files all got uploaded but i get this error everytime I try to update. It always flashes that its checked 39 out of 94 files and then I get this error.

Sisem

Post by Sisem » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 am

the.ronin wrote:
thejdm wrote: 1. how could i make the images highslide instead of just opening in a new window/tab?
This would be the best thing since meatballs. :!:
There is a mod already on the Garage support site to let you add a lightbox for the images:

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/viewtopic ... 4088#p4088

Nick

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:49 pm

sites been down for the past 2 days. havent been able to check it out. was going to modify the code to work with highslide.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”