[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jume

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by Jume »

I don't know if this has been asked before (sorry if it has), but would it be possible to use this mod for anothere purpose than showing vehicles?

What I mean is this: I'm looking for a mod so that members can add their band (with links, reviews, comments, pictures, discography ...).

Would I have to change a lot or would it be possible by just changing the language files?

Thanks.
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

go back a page, someone set this up to work with surfboards, i imagine you could do it. its going to take more then a language edit to get everything you want. the language file would be a good place to start though.
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

well i coded my own 'highslide' image code and it seems to be working quite well..

http://thejdm.com/garage_vehicle.php?mo ... icle&VID=1

check it out. i will be posting the code once i find all the images and get everything working to how i like it :thumbup: the only problem i am having is the image in the member profile. im stumped on that.

i changed the layout and lang file for my profile and used columns instead, filled out nicer IMO
but my problem is the code used to show the image shows ALL the images even the ones used for modifications. i would like it to only show my hilite image with a highslide.

i have all the modifications, dyno, time slips, and the small camera icons in the search all working with highslide.
the.ronin

Post by the.ronin »

thejdm wrote:go back a page, someone set this up to work with surfboards, i imagine you could do it. its going to take more then a language edit to get everything you want. the language file would be a good place to start though.
Yeah that was me.

Make no mistake it was truly a ghetto hack of biblical proportions. I was not savvy enough to strip out all the db entries that didn’t need to be there much less the php and template files. So if you saw my directory, it would look like any other garage mod. I just stripped out any links to the areas I didn’t need.
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

question/request.
i posted this over at the phpBBgarage forum as well, its like a ghost town over there.

i know the developer has not been around in quite some time. i been trying to work on something for this mod but maybe someone who is a little more advanced with php and modifications could try/take a look..

is there a way to make a default option 'Self Installed' that will not ask you to enter shop information? most of the members of my board install there own parts. is it possible to add this as an option so u dont need any of the other business information. also the same thing for 'purchased from' sometimes i cant remember where i bought a part from is there a way to add a 'cant recall' option that would do the same thing? just as a filler or something?
Jume

Post by Jume »

the.ronin wrote:
thejdm wrote:go back a page, someone set this up to work with surfboards, i imagine you could do it. its going to take more then a language edit to get everything you want. the language file would be a good place to start though.
Yeah that was me.

Make no mistake it was truly a ghetto hack of biblical proportions. I was not savvy enough to strip out all the db entries that didn’t need to be there much less the php and template files. So if you saw my directory, it would look like any other garage mod. I just stripped out any links to the areas I didn’t need.
Thanks to you both for your info. I'll try it out on a test board (if I find some spare time :( ).
RedSunset

Post by RedSunset »

When I try to delete a vehicle I get this error message:

Code: Select all

Not Authorized

You Have Attempted To Perform An Action For Which Your User Does Not Have The Required Permission.

To Perform This Action You Need To Permission 'u_garage_add_vehicle'.
and i get logged off automatically after clicking the delete vehicle button.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thank you!

best greetings
RedSunset
Last edited by RedSunset on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedSunset

Post by RedSunset »

ADD:
I have the same issue when I try to delete a modification... I just get logged off :(
SSEi95

Post by SSEi95 »

HarryMann wrote:...
Having managed to get Engine Type displaying I was just trying to point the two others that have seen the same need in the direction we've taken.
Club 80-90 UK
May I ask what the code was you used to get the engine type to display? I am VERY interested in doing the same thing.

Also (for anyone who knows), what is the probability of making engine type a browseable/searchable/sortable field? I'd love to be able to use the engine type as a focal point for display.
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

Is this mod still alive??
poyntesm still frequents the forums.. but nothing here and nothing at phpbbgarage.com (except spam) :(
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

SSEi95 wrote:
HarryMann wrote:...
Having managed to get Engine Type displaying I was just trying to point the two others that have seen the same need in the direction we've taken.
Club 80-90 UK
May I ask what the code was you used to get the engine type to display? I am VERY interested in doing the same thing.

Also (for anyone who knows), what is the probability of making engine type a browseable/searchable/sortable field? I'd love to be able to use the engine type as a focal point for display.

i just noticed this since you posted it SS. im going to look into this and try to have the engine displayed in the garage as well as the profile. i will reply back if i find it.
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

im trying to find out a way to make a default options 'Self Installed' that will not ask you to enter shop information. most of the members of my board install there own parts. so im trying to see if it possible to add this as an option so u dont need any of the other business information. also the same thing for 'purchased from' sometimes i cant remember where i bought a part from so im trying to see if there is a way to add a 'cant recall' option that would do the same thing. just as a filler or something.
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

when i click any of the ranks (admins, global mods) in my 'whos online' block im getting this error

not sure if the garage is what caused this... but i noted in the selet code garage was listed so i figure i would post this here.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'u.user_id' in 'on clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT u.user_id, v.id as vid FROM phpbb_users u , phpbb_user_group ug LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_vehicles v ON ( v.user_id = u.user_id AND v.main_vehicle = 1 ) WHERE u.user_type IN (0, 3) AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND u.user_id = ug.user_id AND ug.group_id = 19 ORDER BY ug.group_leader DESC, u.user_regdate ASC LIMIT 20

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 221
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: memberlist.php
LINE: 1410
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
this is the first time i noticed this error. not sure what might have caused it (mod wise) but i was hoping that someone might point me in the right direction to fix this? not sure if im missing something from my DB or what?
thejdm

Post by thejdm »

found a flaw with this mod, there is no index.html in the /garage folder. allowing access to all the garage folder files. create a blank index.html file in the /garage folder.
n00bstorm

Post by n00bstorm »

Hello, first of all I would like to say that I'm loving this mod! But I'm just having little bit of problems with it. When I try to add a new make or model, and modification to an existing car I get the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/hours/public_html/forum/cache/tpl_diesel_garage_user_submit_data.html.php on line 159

Now what I have notice is that on my server the site starts from /public_html/forum.... and the /home/hours/ should not be there!!!! Is that the reason why it does not work? On some pages I also get this SQL error

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY c.field_order' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

SELECT c.id, c.title, c.field_order FROM (phpbb_garage_categories c) WHERE c.id = ORDER BY c.field_order

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
    LINE: 163
    CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/mods/class_garage.php
    LINE: 288
    CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: garage.php
    LINE: 204
    CALL: garage->get_category()

Thank you!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”