[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dragon3k

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by Dragon3k »

poyntesm wrote:JunglistPerfection -> Sorry you do not have a CSS problem that was not for you. I thought I had clearly shown you the permission issue either with folders or you webserver config.

Dragon3k-> Can you PM me FTP access and I will check it out.
Done :geek:
Dragon3k

Post by Dragon3k »

I chage this in the DB

Column 'attach_thumb_filesize notnull to null

afther that I tri to add the image and work, I can see the link to the image but the garage not show automaticaly :cry: :cry: :cry:
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

I think it would be cool if a user is able to show a video of dyno run or racing event.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Dragon3K -> I will do a proper fix and check into that issue too. I will also update you to the latest SVN code which will solve a lot of the layout issues.

JunglistPerfection -> Yes it is something I have thought about and will probably add in the future. Just not in the inital phpBB3 release.
Dragon3k

Post by Dragon3k »

poyntesm wrote:Dragon3K -> I will do a proper fix and check into that issue too. I will also update you to the latest SVN code which will solve a lot of the layout issues.
Thanks ;)
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

poyntesm wrote: Subversion Repo: Subversion URL
Just a heads up...

Your subversion URL is incorrect:

https://phpbbgarage.svn.sourceforge.net ... hpbb/trunk

.. is the correct one.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Doh forgot to edit the first post. Yeah I moved it a few days ago.
Vettes

Post by Vettes »

poyntesm wrote:JunglistPerfection -> The MODX file should tell you to run the script install_garage.php - this does all the DB work including Modules and permissions and tables. To get it to run now you will need to comment out the line in common.php run the script then un-comment it. Hope that helps.
Actually, this doesn't help.

There needs to be a clear set of instructions for this Mod, and based upon the responses I've seen here, there isn't.

You state above that in order to even get this mod to install properly, we have to comment out the line in common.php. Yet, you don't state what line that is!

So exactly what lines are we supposed to comment out in common.php and then uncomment after installation????

There is also no indication of what we're supposed to do with the following:

contrib directory
templates directory
Install Garage.xml
modx.prosilver.en.xsl
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Vettes wrote: So exactly what lines are we supposed to comment out in common.php and then uncomment after installation????
You need to look at the forum again, because he did specify what line to comment out in common.php before you install the mod.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Vettes -> The "Install Garage.xml" is the installation guide, just double click it. The XSL file is required by the MODX standard. It renders any XML I deliever. The template directory contains the installation instructions for any template I support. The contrib contains any extra non essential code I want to deliever.

My comment about editting one line was in response to a problem one user had. It was not a general install instruction. The issue was the MODX XSL (maintained by phpBB.com) had a bug that stopped the instructions from showing. I reported it & the fixed version is in the new BETA when I release it.

BETA releases are only for those happy to run stuff which needs this type of work. If that is not for you fine, do not run it till its in the MODDB.
Grinch

Post by Grinch »

A long time ago I made the suggestion of allowing a user to associate car modifications independantly with each dyno or 1/4 mile run so that viewers could see the before and after differences. I am just wondering if this idea had been considered or implemented? Thanks. 8-)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Currently no. This really is just a version of 1.2.0 for phpBB3 just with tracks & laps added. The effort to port to phpBB3 has been huge so feature development has taken a back seat. Once we have a stable release I plan on adding LOTs of good new stuff.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

FYI, The CONCAT_WS() SQL function is MySQL only.
Chris SmithGitHub
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Ah...thank you very much for that piece of info. I had not thought about it...
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Right first post updated for B2 release. This will cleanup some of the prosilver issues and a lot of bug fixes. Just upload all files and refresh template & theme.

For fresh installs this allows fixes the anonymous user permission. For existing installs if you want your anonymous users to have browse access you will need to set it yourself.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”