[ABD] Photo Gallery 0.1.0 (plus) smartors upgrade

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ajclifford

Re: [DEV] Photo Gallery

Post by ajclifford »

So just to clarify. When do you expect the first version to be made available for the public to use/test?

Veron

Post by Veron »

Maybe feature that user's can comment the picture?

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

ajclifford wrote:So just to clarify. When do you expect the first version to be made available for the public to use/test?
Please read the last page.
Veron wrote:Maybe feature that user's can comment the picture?
This is coming sooner… rather than later 8-)
but an upgrade from smartors is coming first.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Feature requests:

- ability to choose if admin wants the picture displayed in new page or in category page. (like smartor) separate page for pictures is better for google adsense.
- hot link prevention
- resize image upon upload
- tag system (youtube)
- set number of pictures a user can upload to his personal gallery
- set number of pictures a users can upload to each category.
- gallery displayed in profile (like friendster/myspace)
- upload personal pic in UCP.
Last edited by hp_solomon on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ToXiQ

Post by ToXiQ »

another Feature requests :D

Admin/moderators can move pictures from one to another user album! This option is missing in Smaretor / FAP version.

houser

Post by houser »

Hi,

Batch upload, please, please please... :|
Select a folder with 150 pictures or so and make an album of it!
That would be fantastic...I am killed bystudents sending me a CD with tons ofpictures
and you have to manually add each one in Smartors...

best
Janne A.
Last edited by houser on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veron

Post by Veron »

hp_solomon wrote:Feature requests:
- resize image upon upload
That would be very userfull! For example every picture from digital camera has about 2-3MB size and i dont know 2500pix wide and 2000pix hight. It would be good if admin could set in ACP that all pictures (which are bigger then let's say 800*600 are resized to ..

if ($pic_width > $pic_height) {
$p_width = 800;
$p_height = 600;
}
if ($pic_width < $pic_height) {
$p_width = 600;
$p_height = 800;
}

So all pictures would be on server smaller than original, so we can save space and bandwith :)

And if you would do that, it would be interesting to make MOD for avatar on that principle :)

c_PA

Post by c_PA »

I am happy you canceled your idea with the opening of an image with this slow and complex java code.
I would be happy to get an gallery, following things I wish for it, and think they would be very usefull:

1. easy and fast using, the gallerys should be listet first, so you can choose an gallery
2. the preview pics which are shown on one page should be changeable (10 by page, 15....)
3. preview thumbnails should be shown in an div of the window, if you open one there are two good options (you choose which one, not the User). Let the pic show in the div, where the previews are, including a forward backward button, or photobar on bottom or next, better one, open the clicked pic in a new window, including the forward/backward oder photobar, vantages of this would be, that the pic uploader pretend how big the new window will be, with the dimension of his pic
4. right managemanet, single users/groups should be allowd, to make new gallerys and massupload pics...
5. for uploaded pics, the code should be do the preview pics by first clicking the gallery, don´t use imagemagick for this ;-)

That´s the things I wish for me, for a good gallery, hope you can use some of my ideas :-)
Good work until then.

Bye

tucsondrivers

Post by tucsondrivers »

This sounds like a wonderful mod and I will definitely be one of the first to install when it's available! ;) Thank you for putting the time into it. It is greatly appreciated!

For what it's worth, I agree with the post 2 above mine, by Veron

I run a car-based forum, so people want to upload their photos right off their camera without wanting to resize. Having an automatic-resizer (so, as stated, someones 8MP camera photo-gallery doesn't crap on the server), if not planned already, IMHO, is a must! :D TY!
http://tucsondrivers.com -- Hyundai Tucson Forum & Community

hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Additional Feature Request:

User Permission Supported - ability to set if a role for user permission can upload a personal photo gallery. A new setting like "Can upload personal photo gallery - Yes/No/Never".

:)

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

tucsondrivers wrote:This sounds like a wonderful mod and I will definitely be one of the first to install when it's available! ;) Thank you for putting the time into it. It is greatly appreciated!

For what it's worth, I agree with the post 2 above mine, by Veron

I run a car-based forum, so people want to upload their photos right off their camera without wanting to resize. Having an automatic-resizer (so, as stated, someones 8MP camera photo-gallery doesn't crap on the server), if not planned already, IMHO, is a must! :D TY!
yes… it is a planned feature… though I'm not going to have all the features for my first version… I'm just trying to get one out where people using phpBB2 and Smartors can finally upgrade to Olympus.
So unfortunately, first version is going to be very simple… it starts to get fun after that.

I've spent my last few days bugfixing for a few websites so I didn't get a chance to work on this over the weekend :cry:
I'm working on it right now… so I'll see if I can have a version with an upgrade from smartors out by the weekend.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery

Xabi

Post by Xabi »

Very nice Grooveplugs, but what will happen with our actual comments and votings from Smartor's Photo Album? It would be smart to migrate them even if you don't plant to offer a comment & voting feature in the first version. You could use those migrated comments & votings later.

Veron

Post by Veron »

will you intergrate that avtomatic image resize? It will be very usefull and server friendly

custmguru®

Post by custmguru® »

Sounds promising.

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

Xabi wrote:Very nice Grooveplugs, but what will happen with our actual comments and votings from Smartor's Photo Album? It would be smart to migrate them even if you don't plant to offer a comment & voting feature in the first version. You could use those migrated comments & votings later.
I just thought about that myself… I'm going to be adding the comments in a very interesting fashion for now.
But you will be able to add comments and it will make things a little easier for the future

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”