[ABD] Photo Gallery 0.1.0 (plus) smartors upgrade

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tufduc

Re: [DEV] Photo Gallery

Post by Tufduc »

A big thanks to GroovePlugs for all his hard work!

The mod looks great so far and i can't wait till monday (hopefully). I run a board for Ducati motorcyclists so a gallery is a must.

Just need to see the Calender get finished so i can take RC1 into production

Thanks again!!!!!!
Cheers,

Tufduc
damnian

Post by damnian »

Looks great.

Another nice-to-have feature would be EXIF :D
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!
-CoS-

Post by -CoS- »

GroovePlugs wrote:
-CoS- wrote:Nice! IE problems are solved now. Just one question. Why are there some titles that work as a link and others that are simply text? I mean, in Highway of life's gallery, there are two titles that are links (but they don't go anywhere). Is there any reason for this?

Thank you!
that would be because the text is too long to display, so it shows a small preview and hover over the text for more.
Ok! Good idea. Thanks!
Veron

Post by Veron »

Veron wrote:I miss featur that user can watch pictures bigger like a slideshow... (but manualy click's next)
you don't like to click on the pictures and click next?
I dont see button next here..

It would be very usefull if here would be one botton for "next".

But i realy dont know how you mean "to click on the pictures and click next"?
-CoS-

Post by -CoS- »

Rollover on the right part of the image and you will see the 'next' button. ;)
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

-CoS- wrote:
GroovePlugs wrote:
-CoS- wrote:Nice! IE problems are solved now. Just one question. Why are there some titles that work as a link and others that are simply text? I mean, in Highway of life's gallery, there are two titles that are links (but they don't go anywhere). Is there any reason for this?

Thank you!
that would be because the text is too long to display, so it shows a small preview and hover over the text for more.
Ok! Good idea. Thanks!
I'm still not entirely happy with how I have it because it doesn't show the entire string if it's too long.
But I'll live with it until next release.

Thanks for checking in IE for me 8-)
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
BuffettWorld

Post by BuffettWorld »

I too am eagerly awaiting this mod with the upgrade script for Smartors. Thanks for the hard work GP!
expx

Post by expx »

This mod looks great :)
Why does the tab display "My Gallery" when you're looking at someone elses gallery? shouldn't it display "[username]'s Gallery" or something? and will you be able to view other people's galleries from a link in their profile? and does the lightbox effect come with the mod or does that have to be installed separately?
thanks
Veron

Post by Veron »

-CoS- wrote:Rollover on the right part of the image and you will see the 'next' button. ;)
I see now =)

tnx you, it's great!

EDIT: just one more question: When can we expect RC1? Or Beta?
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

expx wrote:This mod looks great :)
Why does the tab display "My Gallery" when you're looking at someone elses gallery? shouldn't it display "[username]'s Gallery" or something? and will you be able to view other people's galleries from a link in their profile? and does the lightbox effect come with the mod or does that have to be installed separately?
thanks
if you click it, it will go to your gallery.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
ToXiQ

Post by ToXiQ »

Sofar it looks great GroovePlugs :D

Is there also comming a portal / index photo block ? with an option to post a image in the postings like the index / portal addon for smartor with a bbcode like [albumimg]11111[/albumimg]
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

ToXiQ wrote:Sofar it looks great GroovePlugs :D

Is there also comming a portal / index photo block ? with an option to post a image in the postings like the index / portal addon for smartor with a bbcode like [albumimg]11111[/albumimg]
yes, I'll make sure all features of that album are in this one… though for the first release (0.1.0) it's going to be just about what it is now… except there will be categories.
It's looking like I'm not going to be able to get it out by Monday… it will probably be mid-week before I can get it out.
I'm just starting on the upgrade script.

@Veron, it will be a while before Beta or RC1.
Mods aren't allowed to go to RC1 until phpBB3 reaches Gold since ever release, we will have to re-evaluate our mods to make sure they work with the next release.
As for Beta, it won't be Beta until I have all the features in there… I have not laid out a roadmap yet.
Veron

Post by Veron »

that's too bed, maybe try-out version :)

What i come up with... for portal would be very userfull one block with "random picture from galery" if you know what i mean...
nakor84

Post by nakor84 »

It would be graet if there's a feature to link a picture to an user. I think of an Sensitive Area, marked with an Sign (maybe an Arrow with the name of the linked User, so you can klick on the arrow, an the arrow invisible if your not on the Picture)
wuschel_stefan

Post by wuschel_stefan »

Hi.
I think it will be a great mod.
Because it is the only album for phpbb3 now.

The FAP wont be updatet to php3 until the final will be released. :(

I need a Photo Gallery where Moderators can upload a lot of pictures at one time.
Maybe with ftp. That is very Important, because they have to upload over 50 pictures at one time and it would be crazy to upload each picture alone.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”