[ABD] Calendar (On Hold)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tufduc

Re: [DEV] Calendar

Post by Tufduc »

Thanks for all your hard work Brainy!!!

We haven't heard from you in a few days, (due to real life) ;)
How is your progress going?
Will you have a demo up soon?

Cheers,
Cheers,

Tufduc
ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

It will be a while before I get a demo up. I am studying for a test this weekend, and have stuff next week.

My hope is I can get a partially working demo in 2 weeks, but don't hold me to it :P
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

Just thought it's worth noting that Snailsource calendars are getting updated over the next 6 months now that 3.x is in RC1+...

Not to say don't go for it :) but it would be useful if you could choose a name that avoids the existing mod names already out there:

mycalendar, CalLite, CalPro, topicCalendar, minical...

It'll help enormously when it comes to support, avoiding any confusion.. cheers..
c_PA

Post by c_PA »

Hi,

nice thing you are doing, and follwing features would be nice if they are integrated :-)

- you can add Members to the event, only added members can see this event and approve theire paticipation with simple "yes I will participate" "no, I won´t participate" "maybee"
- "maybee" should be optional by originator by setting in an envent, so that you can do an event with only "yes I will participate" and "no, I won´t participate" or all three choices
- if you set the "add member" fied free, the event should be for all Members
- the event originator can klick a klick box for "sending PM for new Event" that sends added Members a PM information about the new event
- individual right managment, to give authorization to single user/groups for posting an event
- extra fields by adding an event like "start time", "end time", "meeting place", "picture"

If you can manage this, you are a reaol hero ;-) cause thats and a gallery is everything I need for my Board
jbreiding

Post by jbreiding »

c_PA wrote:Hi,

nice thing you are doing, and follwing features would be nice if they are integrated :-)

- you can add Members to the event, only added members can see this event and approve theire paticipation with simple "yes I will participate" "no, I won´t participate" "maybee"
- "maybee" should be optional by originator by setting in an envent, so that you can do an event with only "yes I will participate" and "no, I won´t participate" or all three choices
- if you set the "add member" fied free, the event should be for all Members
- the event originator can klick a klick box for "sending PM for new Event" that sends added Members a PM information about the new event
- individual right managment, to give authorization to single user/groups for posting an event
- extra fields by adding an event like "start time", "end time", "meeting place", "picture"

If you can manage this, you are a reaol hero ;-) cause thats and a gallery is everything I need for my Board
qft, this would be a great feature to have with all events. however an option to make events open to the public where users elect to participate or register for the event would be ideal.
Fish42

Post by Fish42 »

I realy could use something that allows you to select user groupes that a particular event is shown to that way I can post details and passwords for an upcoming match with the event its self, also it would be nice to have a week at a glance on the index screen (or even every page).
Klepto

Post by Klepto »

I am not trying to press but the decision as to if I should code my own or wait for this is looming.... Do we have any status or update by chance?
ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

Alright, I'll give a status update.

Life has been really hectic for me (Darn weddings) and I haven't been able to get a server set up. I've got the code for birthdays written and am working on week views at the moment.
Klepto wrote:I am not trying to press but the decision as to if I should code my own or wait for this is looming.... Do we have any status or update by chance?
If you can get something you need faster, I would encourage you to code your own. With how my live has been going, I'm not sure when I this will be done.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.
Klepto

Post by Klepto »

Brainy wrote:If you can get something you need faster, I would encourage you to code your own. With how my live has been going, I'm not sure when I this will be done.
I have the same wedding season you do it seems :) . I am actually looking at some old code from our phpBB v2.0.21 site that had WebCalendar v1.5 integrated and may try to hack some of the old code over to our phpBB v3.0RC1 test site's styles and see what I can break. Many thanks for your hard work on this (as I know it is a pain) and I will keep watching to see when it is available.
tanrek

Post by tanrek »

Did you check whether Ptirhiik is updating his very fine calender already?

Here are the contact data out of his MOD description:

## MOD Title: Topic Calendar - phpBB edition
## MOD Author: Ptirhiik <please_use_board@ptifo.clanmckeen.com> (Pierre) http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com
## MOD Description: This mod adds a calendar to your board, working with natural phpBB auth.
hp_solomon

Post by hp_solomon »

Feature Requests:
- when posting an event set group/s who can view the event
- feature like the calendar system of myspace.com (invite members, friends only, comments, RSVP, who will attend, who will not attend, etc)
Oscar TWH

Post by Oscar TWH »

Let me give you a suggestion on how to go further with the development.

1. Make a list of all suggestions.
2. Decide on what functionality will be in the first release.
3. Work on the first release.
4. Plan new functionality for new releases.

Better have a solid first release with basic options on short notice, then a full option version in a couple of months.

Just my 2 cents
floydsproduce

Post by floydsproduce »

I'd just love for the Calendar be integrated in the forum so that any post can be added to the calendar by clicking on a tab that's down with the attachments, polls, etc tabs. Click that tab and then you have an "add button", and the date, and any recurring features. The entry into the calendar would be your post's header.

Then you'd need a link at the top of the whole forum beside the FAQ to see the calendar, and if you click on an entry, it opens the post that it's linked to.

Also it would be nice if there was a way to send a PM or EM to a list of members about it. Could possibly use your "friends" list as well for that much like bulletins in MySpace.

just my 2 cents.
jbreiding

Post by jbreiding »

floydsproduce wrote: Also it would be nice if there was a way to send a PM or EM to a list of members about it. Could possibly use your "friends" list as well for that much like bulletins in MySpace.

just my 2 cents.
if you opt for allow registration for calendar events, to be able to pm that list of people.
gn#36
Translator

Post by gn#36 »

Support for iCalendar import and export would be nice. That would make it possible to get the entries into other calendar programs as well.
German Support Team Member • http://www.phpbb.deMy Extensions in the CDBMy Extensions on Github • Contact with caos is inavoidable but no catastrophy if you keep an overview.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”