[ABD] Calendar (On Hold)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
alightner

Re: [DEV] Calendar (On Hold)

Post by alightner »

Yes, porting his existing calendar would be great since so many people already use it in V2 - it would make upgrading to V3 that much easier for them.

I sure hope we can convince him... are there any other people willing to help port this one? Perhaps the more workload we can take off of Ptirhiik the more likely we'll be able to get it up and running in V3 soon :D
My phpbb3 mods:
Calendar
User Attachment Quota
Do not PM me with questions about my mods.
Support will only be given through the topic threads above.
urednik

Post by urednik »

Hi,
I see that calendar mod is in devalopment...

Calendar which not promote events is bad, so please add also function, that all users will recive invitation to event when event is added, and day or two before.
Of course each member can disable this option in user profile...

Unthil then I will use phpbb2....

THNX gor great yob..
urednik

Post by urednik »

Found calendar whic seems to be perfect.
https://www.google.com/calendar/render

Could you copy this calender to work with PHPbb3??

It have all , repeating events, import, export, ....
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

Just to note that my own Calendar code Calendar Lite and Pro are having the code ported across so they are compatible with BOTH phpBB2 and phpBB3. Hard to believe I started writing the code 6 years ago! :o

In terms of development I'm in the process of writing an abstraction layer that allows the use of the bulk of my code logic to be used in common across both versions of phpBB2 but it's a slow process that involves a lot of work.

Once that lot's done I then need to create templates specifically for phpBB3, update the language files to be compatible and then the dreaded ACP changes... before finally writing an installer that can handle not only the Calendar data upgrade to the latest version but also for anyone upgrading from phpBB2 to 3.x

In terms of functionality there's a lot planned to go into the Pro version while the Lite will be getting a much needed code update albeit feature lite (as per the name).

If you want to keep up to date on changes or code then drop in on http://www.snailsource.com/forum/ and check out the Calendar Dev and Snailsource2.0 forum spaces for more info...
Blue Blood
Name: Blue Blood

Post by Blue Blood »

I think this thread should be locked!!
Holger

Post by Holger »

There is a great calendar available here: mycalendar3
Works perfectly!
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Marking as [ABD] abandoned as the MOD author has not replied in this topic since 2007. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,

The phpBB Modifications Team

Paul

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”