[ABD] Slick Profile

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Re: [DEV] Slick Profile

Post by romans1423 »

madd74 wrote:This, unfortunately, is way more than I was looking for. I actually wanted to do a lot of custom fields, however, what I was looking to do was make the ones no one enters invisible, so if you do not have an ICQ number, then it does not show up in your profile, otherwise I would have a bunch of people with 14 some blank boxes. Does your mod do anything close to that, or do you know some quick and easy code to maybe make that happen?
That behavior is default in phpBB 3.0.RC4 & prosilver. I can't vouch for earlier versions or subSilver 2; however, if a user has nothing filled out on my board, only the PM & E-mail Address fields are shown on the profile. Those fields which aren't filled out (including default fields [ICQ, AIM, etc.] & custom fields) do not show up on profiles.
damnian

Post by damnian »

madd74 wrote:FYI, all the screen shots and stuff to your board gets me a 404 error (I am at work and they block lots of things, so a possibility)
There's currently a problem with the hosting account, which will hopefully get fixed within a couple of days. MOD downloads are unaffected (since those are hosted on SourceForge).
madd74 wrote:This, unfortunately, is way more than I was looking for. I actually wanted to do a lot of custom fields, however, what I was looking to do was make the ones no one enters invisible, so if you do not have an ICQ number, then it does not show up in your profile, otherwise I would have a bunch of people with 14 some blank boxes. Does your mod do anything close to that, or do you know some quick and easy code to maybe make that happen?
Just switch to prosilver. It already has that by default (look e.g. at your profile here).
madd74 wrote:I will say this much, I applaude you for keeping up to date so much with your "fanclub"!! THAT is customer support, great job!
Ironically, one of the least vocal fans has donated the money that was needed to jump start this project...
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!
damnian

Re: [ALPHA] Slick Profile

Post by damnian »

LVMikie

Post by LVMikie »

Great Mod!

Is there a future plan for the Memberlist search function to find like/partial values?

ie... Location = Las Vegas, NV

Not found with NV, Vegas, Las, or Las Vegas. Must be exact. Same with interests.

Is there a way to set it to contains/like?

Thanks!
damnian

Post by damnian »

LVMikie wrote:Great Mod!
Thanks. Did you install it or just deduced that from the screenshots? ;)
LVMikie wrote:Is there a future plan for the Memberlist search function to find like/partial values?
No future plans. This is already built in :D
LVMikie

Post by LVMikie »

I installed it and have been testing it.

Entering 'Vegas' finds no users. Only entering 'Las Vegas, NV' finds the result.

I should clarify though... Entering '*vegas*' does find the result... but this will be confusing to the ordinary member....
damnian

Post by damnian »

It's great to know it's working for someone beside myself :D
LVMikie wrote:I should clarify though... Entering '*vegas*' does find the result... but this will be confusing to the ordinary member....
Why? Can't ordinary members follow simple instructions?
LVMikie

Post by LVMikie »

damnian wrote:It's great to know it's working for someone beside myself :D
LVMikie wrote:I should clarify though... Entering '*vegas*' does find the result... but this will be confusing to the ordinary member....
Why? Can't ordinary members follow simple instructions?
That would, of course, require them to read. Congrats if your users read the instructions! :lol:
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi damnian,

I haven't installed your MOD yet but it seems to be a very interesting one. Big thanks!

Just two short questions:
rainbowz wrote:If this mod allows the setting of any particular profile field(s) to be "required", it will be a great mod for my board where the user's location is extremely important and having to always ask noobs to please fill in their location field is annoying.
- Could this be integrated? (The screenshots do not show this feature.)

- How many additional queries does your MOD produce on the important pages (index, viewforum, viewtopic)?

Thank you & have a nice weekend!
Wolfgang
damnian

Post by damnian »

IPB_Refugee wrote:
rainbowz wrote:If this mod allows the setting of any particular profile field(s) to be "required", it will be a great mod for my board where the user's location is extremely important and having to always ask noobs to please fill in their location field is annoying.
- Could this be integrated? (The screenshots do not show this feature.)
This feature is planned for inclusion in the next version.
IPB_Refugee wrote:- How many additional queries does your MOD produce on the important pages (index, viewforum, viewtopic)?
index and viewforum are unaffected. There will probably be an extra LEFT JOIN in viewtopic, which should result in a speedup (compared to the separate query per poster in vanilla phpBB3). I also started working on ACM (cache) integration.
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

That's great news. :)

Thank you & happy coding!
Wolfgang
madd74

Post by madd74 »

damnian wrote:Just switch to prosilver. It already has that by default (look e.g. at your profile here).
Right, and that appears to be the only one that works, so I was not sure since you made this mod if you knew the right thing I could change on other styles, as my board does not force styles, and many different people use different ones. Of the three I currently have, only prosilver DOES work :D

BTW, I thank you for replying back!
RyoBerlin

Post by RyoBerlin »

i think this is some think what i searching for?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2&t=581086

Every good Portals has a search Function for Users... for example I know one myWBB Page on wich you can search for Age, Gender and so on... and many pages where u can also choose the datas from to (example... Membersearch from 20-25 years, gender m and f or m or f..., from 150cm-170cm. ...).... or bodyweight, bodyhigh, interests and so on...

Its really terrible that phpBB3 has the option to create custom Profile fields but no Search Engine to search for them... its stupid :(
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 »

RyoBerlin wrote:Its really terrible that phpBB3 has the option to create custom Profile fields but no Search Engine to search for them... its stupid :(
If they added every possible corollary feature to every new feature they add, it's unlikely anything would ever get done. Rather, what they have done is provided a strong base for custom profile fields that works & works well. Now, users are free to extend the feature & create MODs which add things like searching those profile fields. If there is a high enough adoption of that MOD, the feature may make it into the core product at some point. If there isn't a high adoption of the MOD, then it is evident that most users do not need the feature, so it shouldn't burden the developers to provide it.
nicholas.alipaz

Post by nicholas.alipaz »

I am planning on giving this mod a go, but my site doesn't seem to have the file:
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_view.html

Do I have to make this or something? Am I missing a file? If I am missing one, then can someone direct me to the file?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”