[ABD] Dice MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
frankie_taylor

Re: [RC1] Dice MOD

Post by frankie_taylor »

I realized that Players cannot cheat by Preview Regneration due to a new set of results generated after submission (assuming dice bbcodes are used). However, one can still cheat with preview by generating results, copy&paste in editor, edit them, and removing the bbcode from the final post. In fact, a cheater could simply post artificial dice results. The best idea I have to authenticate bbcode, is to view the HTML to ensure the results are between <div class="diceblock"><div class="diceroll">dice results</div></div>. Perhaps a HTML Comment with actual bbcode used <-- dice bbcode --> preceding the result may be used, although I don't think this is required.
Animusu

Post by Animusu »

frankie_taylor wrote:I realized that Players cannot cheat by Preview Regneration due to a new set of results generated after submission (assuming dice bbcodes are used). However, one can still cheat with preview by generating results, copy&paste in editor, edit them, and removing the bbcode from the final post. In fact, a cheater could simply post artificial dice results. The best idea I have to authenticate bbcode, is to view the HTML to ensure the results are between <div class="diceblock"><div class="diceroll">dice results</div></div>. Perhaps a HTML Comment with actual bbcode used <-- dice bbcode --> preceding the result may be used, although I don't think this is required.
@frankie_taylor, add this to your stylesheet.css and the dice generation box will appear in your post, which will be hard to copy and fabricate afterwards... (this is for the subsilver2 related *.css, for the prosilver version, look in the installation)

Code: Select all

/* Dice
------------- */
.dicetitle {
	margin: 10px 5px 0 5px;
	padding: 2px 4px;
	border-width: 1px 1px 0 1px;
	border-style: solid;
	border-color: #A9B8C2;
	color: #333333;
	background-color: #A9B8C2;
	font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	font-size: 0.9em;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-style: italic;
}

.diceroll {
	margin: 0 5px 10px 5px;
	padding: 5px;
	border-color: #A9B8C2;
	border-width: 0 1px 1px 1px;
	border-style: solid;
	font-weight: normal;
	font-size: 0.8em;
	line-height: 1.5em;
	font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
	background-color: #FAFAFA;
	color: #4B5C77;
}

.dicename {
	font-weight: bold;
}
coppro

Post by coppro »

Post previews are always completely random (unfortunately even on edits, because there's no good way to only make some of them random). ;)

Yes, it seems that you forgot to add the data to the stylesheet. That's in the template instructions, so you shouldn't miss it. If you're on prosilver, you MUST refresh the stylesheet as documented in the DIY section.

EDIT: Still, I do know of one exploit via post deletion and reposting - I haven't thought of a solution to that yet. I'd suggest just disabling post deletion for any forum in which it seriously matters.
frankie_taylor

Post by frankie_taylor »

Yep I missed that step :oops:
frankie_taylor

Post by frankie_taylor »

Amazing Mod!!! Instantly turned my boring Forum http://www.hpquest.com/phpBB3/ into RPG Fantasy World. Now I can focus on the Style, Rules, and Content :mrgreen:
monchiny

Post by monchiny »

i have a problem, when i preview post the dice system works fine, but when i post appear [dice]xdy[/dice], i don't know where is the problem,

Someone have an idea?

thanks
monchiny

Post by monchiny »

ok i'm stupid xD i forget edit viewtopic.php :mrgreen:
Aldenor

Post by Aldenor »

That mod is working in all RC versions of phpbb3?

That are rc4 and this mod is rc1... Will work it?
Animusu

Post by Animusu »

Aldenor wrote:That mod is working in all RC versions of phpbb3?

That are rc4 and this mod is rc1... Will work it?
the RC1 refers to the MOD version, not to the "core/comparability with" version... Probably it will work, unless you encounter some installation problems... Will check it later though...
coppro

Post by coppro »

Well, I wrote in on RC1, and I have since upgraded to RC4. I haven't actually tested it on RC2, but everything else works fine.
GhedJennar

Post by GhedJennar »

Nevermind. /blond

-Jennar
faythofdragons

Post by faythofdragons »

Hmm, I can't seem to get this to work at all. I just get [dice]xdy[/dice] in both the preview and the post. I went through and checked the code, and it all seems to be correct.
coppro

Post by coppro »

I don't know what could be wrong other than you actually typed "xdy" (they're variables; you need numbers like 4d6 or 3d8). It works on RC5 (at least for me). Do you perhaps have any other MODs installed that might interfere with this one?
johnnyr

Post by johnnyr »

I'de like to try to install this, but have a quesiton....if my domain host is hosting my sql server (godaddy, 1and1, etc) now do I complete the fist part of the instructions, regarding the SQL?

Also, will this work with all my styles...do I have to make any modifications regarding these?

Thanks, I really aprreciate any help you can give. I absolutley need a dice mod for my forum.
coppro

Post by coppro »

johnnyr wrote:I'de like to try to install this, but have a quesiton....if my domain host is hosting my sql server (godaddy, 1and1, etc) now do I complete the fist part of the instructions, regarding the SQL?
If you installed phpBB3, you must have the permissions, somehow. Odds are that they likely provide phpmyadmin service, which you can use. (Check with your hosting documentation for this) Make sure you select the phpbb database first! You could also probably make a short php script and run it, but this is more advanced (I've added an automated script to the TODO list.)
Also, will this work with all my styles...do I have to make any modifications regarding these?
By default, the MOD will output simple code that should be compatible with most styles (not nessecarily all). You can also add dice.html in the templates directory with the appropriate information (look at the prosilver or subsilver2) for a more customized look. In order to add a BBCode button, you will also have to edit a few things, though it's quite possible that the modifications are very similar to the ones for prosilver and subSilver2.
Thanks, I really aprreciate any help you can give. I absolutley need a dice mod for my forum.
No worries!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”