[ABD] IP Search 2.3.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Thoul

[ABD] IP Search 2.3.3

Post by Thoul »

Modification Name: IP Search

Modification Description:: Search for a user by IP address or host name.
Modification Version:: 2.3.3

Modification Download:

This a phpBB 3 version of one of my phpBB 2 mods, IP Search. It adds a page to the ACP where you can enter an IP address and get a list of everyone that has recorded activity from that address. You can also enter a hostname to search; the modification will look up the IPs for that host and search for all of them. If a certain user is being a problem, you can view all of the IP addresses used for their account by entering their username, as well.

Two wildcards are supported in IP address searches, the * for matching many characters and the _ for matching single characters. This allows searches for IPs like 127*, 127.*.1, 127.0.*, 12_.0.0.1, 1_7.*, and so on.

After installing, look for the IP Search link in the User Security menu of the Users and Groups and on the .MODs page of the ACP.

Version 2.3.x Notes:
This version adds the ability to search on multiple IPs or users at once. When doing a search of one type, you can have IP Search automatically run a search of the other type based on the first set of results. So if you search for the IP 127.*, that would get a list of users with that IP and then those users would be searched to find all of their IPs.

Results also now sorted by username and display the dates an IP was first and last used.
Last edited by Thoul on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.
expx

Re: [BETA] IP Search

Post by expx »

nice :D
could you make it support wildcards, if it doesn't already?
eg 12.23.34.*
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

It already supports them. :)
ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

great :) thanks
expx

Post by expx »

Thoul wrote:It already supports them. :)
awesome :D

I installed it and searched for my own ip, and it worked great, and found all the accounts and stuff which I'd posted on.. :)
however these errors were at the top
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ip_search.php on line 323: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3804)
but the mod seemed to work perfectly, i don't know why these errors appeared :|
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Is there any fixes to the errors that expx has gotten?
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Thanks for the bug report. I will upload a new version with that issue fixed later today.
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Beta 0.6.0 is now posted with a fix for that error and a couple of other improvements. See the first post for the download.
Thoul

Re: [RC1] IP Search

Post by Thoul »

A new version is available; check the first post for the download link. There's not much new this time; a couple of bug fixes on some "no results" messages and I added a link to the menu on the .MODs page of the ACP. This will probably be the last version before submission to the database, since there's not much else to do here right now.
mannyotr

Post by mannyotr »

I know I shouldn't be asking this here, but I couldn't find the information anywhere else, even after searching.

I installed many, many mods in phpBB2, but this will be my first in phpBB3. So, how do you do it?

I downloaded the files and I am so incredibly confused right now. I have no idea where to begin. I figured I have to upload the "IP Search" folder somewhere and run the install.php file. Is that correct? But where?

Again, sorry for asking such a basic thing. I just could not find it anywhere else.
starbuck2001

Post by starbuck2001 »

Hello,

Does this mod work with both subsilver2 and/or prosilver? Thanks
freestyler

Post by freestyler »

Great handy mod. And easy to install, too. :)
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi Thoul,

thanks for your MOD! If you ever want to extend it, here are some suggestions: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2&t=556631

Have a nice weekend!
Wolfgang
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind. A lot of that is already possible with phpBB 3 and IP Search.

A new version of IP Search is available now. The download link in the first post has been updated and this version has been submitted to the database. The new version doesn't work with phpBB 3 RC1, so make sure you're using RC2 if you try this mod.
spartanandjohn117

Post by spartanandjohn117 »

Sweet! It works perfectly (so far).

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”