[ABD] HotEditor WYSIWYG MOD for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
god0fgod

Re: [Beta] HotEditor WYSIWYG MOD for phpBB3

Post by god0fgod »

Is it possible to switch between the normal editor and this one? I like it but want to keep the ordinary editor as well.

eCardMax.com

Post by eCardMax.com »

tfinry wrote:eCardMax.com
i didn't get your answer for my problem yet :(
i wait your replay in this posts
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p3044929

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9#p3068137
The upgrade from V3.0 to V4.2 works fine in my site. I have no idea why it doesn't work in yours. How about click edit post link to modify them one by one (I know it will take a lot of time to be done but it seems the only solution at this time - sorry)
god0fgod wrote:Is it possible to switch between the normal editor and this one? I like it but want to keep the ordinary editor as well.
HotEditor built-in BBCode Editor so there is no need to have a function to switch back to phpBB original editor.
darklordi wrote:but youtube still doesn't .. converted video url looks like:

Code: Select all

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/vVge3CiE5uU[/flash]
should work .. but doesn't :-?
Try this:

Open file common.php
FIND 

//HotEditor MOD
function BBCodeToHTML($text){
	$patterns[] = "#  #si";
	$replacements[] = '  ';

$patterns[] = "#\t#si";
	$replacements[] = '     ';

AFTER, ADD

$patterns[] = "#\[FLASH=(.*?),(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/FLASH\]#si";
$replacements[] = '<object width="$1" height="$2"><param name="movie" value="$3"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="$3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="$1" height="$2"></embed></object>';

RATT

Post by RATT »

I was going to try this but it redirects to your site and there are so many titles to download, I have no idea which one to download. You also have some cron fix download there as well, Can you please provide a direct download link?

No Loafing

Errors

Post by No Loafing »

I installed this mod with success at first, but it later went horribly wrong. I did a test to make sure everything was working and then moved onto other updates to my forums. The next day a member had contacted me and told me that she got an error message when she tried posting. I figured she just didn't understand how to use this editor, but when I tried it myself I got errors as well. I got the "Your message contains too few characters." and the "You must enter a message when posting" errors. I was very surprised by this, because I had nothing but success immediately after installing this mod. I keep looking through all code and can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I made sure the "<form onSubmit="return get_hoteditor_data();" ...>" line was correct because someone had suggested that might be what the problem is. Can anyone think of anything else that might be causing this problem?

tfinry

Post by tfinry »

The upgrade from V3.0 to V4.2 works fine in my site. I have no idea why it doesn't work in yours. How about click edit post link to modify them one by one (I know it will take a lot of time to be done but it seems the only solution at this time - sorry)
it will be hard option for me because i have more than 8000 topics

can i ask you it will be different if i install the mode before or after the convert ?

No Loafing

Errors (update)

Post by No Loafing »

I have been playing around with it to see if I can get it to work and I got it to kinda half work. :?:

This is really weird...

If I try to start a topic with a subject, I get the error message "You must enter a message when posting.". Then if I take the subject out, I get the error message "You must specify a subject when posting a new topic.". Then if I put the subject back in, It works.

:?: :?: :?:

Does that make sense at all?

darklordi

Post by darklordi »

Youtube still won't work ):

maybe i can help you with this: i've made a [youtube] code via acp, but there ive to insert the video code manual..

[YouTube]{TEXT}[/YouTube]
->

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
this loads the video fine. yours just loads the youtubeflashplayer but no video.

No Loafing

Errors (update_2)

Post by No Loafing »

Now all I have to do is hit "submit" a second time for it to work. I'm sure I will figure this out on my own, but I still want to talk about it on here, beacause it might might someone else. Anyone know why it would work when clicking "submit" the second time, but not the first?

I have re-edited all the files needed for the mod to work and cleared the cached files.

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

Will there be a update for this mod?

guildrl

Post by guildrl »

I too am getting the "You must enter a message when posting" error. I have checked the <> around the form submit parts of the code and they are there (as suggested in an earlier post). I have gone through everything I can think of and the MOD seems to be exactly as per the MOD file, but it simply won't let me post a reply or topic? I am using v4.2 on PHPBB 3.0 RC2.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? :cry:

Arcanjo

Post by Arcanjo »

Hi!

After installing this mod I have notest that the google video and youtube video only loads the player and not the movie...what am I missing?? In the demo forum of the author the code works...but not on mine!!

Please help!

Arcanjo

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

I can't open more my regular smilies pack using link View more smilies. :roll:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

craven1

Post by craven1 »

Arcanjo wrote:Hi!

After installing this mod I have notest that the google video and youtube video only loads the player and not the movie...what am I missing?? In the demo forum of the author the code works...but not on mine!!

Please help!

Arcanjo
i had the same problem maybe you're using RC2 i switched back to RC1 all movies are working now!

Arcanjo

Post by Arcanjo »

craven1 wrote:
Arcanjo wrote:Hi!

Please help!

Arcanjo
i had the same problem maybe you're using RC2 i switched back to RC1 all movies are working now!
Yes..Im using RC2...is there any tweek I can make???

Arcanjo

eCardMax.com

Post by eCardMax.com »

Hi!

I think you guys should use "file compare" program to compare phpBB original script files with Hoteditor MOD preset script files to find out what missing.

Use this link to download Beyond Compare http://www.ecardmax.com/beycomp.exe
or download Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm (use Files/Compare By Content...)

About Youtube doesn't work, can I see your site to find out what going on?

Hope this help

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”