[ABD] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
CADwiesel

Re: [Beta] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Post by CADwiesel »

Hi Wolfgang

It's not Nicole, but i wrote, that i note your code and i implemente this into my forum.
But its not working.
do i have another possibility to test why isn't this working?
-----------------
Gruß
CADwiesel

Raccoon11

Post by Raccoon11 »

Hello all!

I tried installing the mod and after I did all steps and cleared the cache, now when I try to access a topic I get the following error at the top of the page:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/viewtopic.php:1)
Strangely, when I access the ACP all is ok, but when I click on the "Forums" tab I get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
Any ideas? both forums.php and viewtopic.php start with the usual <?php at the beginning. I used the windows editor to make all edits.

Thank you for your help!

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Then the files might not have been saved in the format UTF without BOM. You could try a different editor like Notepadd++ or try deleting invisible chars before <? (Yes, sometimes there is one invisible char there.)

Good luck
Wolfgang

Raccoon11

Post by Raccoon11 »

Thank you Wolfgang!

It was indeed the text coding that was messing all up. I downloaded notepad++ and everything works perfectly now thank you thank you! :-D

I wasnt able to find the View Tracker option in the permissions page so I entered the changes you posted a few pages back on how to give admins and moderators access automaticly. Shouldnt that option be in:
Manage user-> Permissions-> Global moderator permissions -> Topic actions ?
Cant find it there

Thank you again Wolfgang :-D

Sunka

Post by Sunka »

Is this MOD stable enough to install on live board?

BizimPencere

Post by BizimPencere »

Nide mod thanks you.
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development

Raccoon11

Post by Raccoon11 »

Sunka wrote:Is this MOD stable enough to install on live board?
I just installed it and it works good. Only thing I cant find is how to set the individual permissions to see the addon, but dunno if its mine or the mod's fault :-)

I did the changes Wolfgang (IPB_Refugee) typed a few posts back, that way all the admins and moderators will have access to it.

Great addon!

Wauziweb

Post by Wauziweb »

run this mod since beta 1 on a live board, only with some self done changes...

runs very well!!

you can set individual hide with the "tags" in the htm template - eg:

<!-- IF U_ACP --> ... <!-- ENDIF --> only admins!
live-board: http://forum.mini-aussies.com/
mods: ajax shoutbox / visitors today / upcoming birthdays / recent topics / tracker / user map / imageshack / welcome pm

Smog

Post by Smog »

IPB_Refugee wrote:If admins and global moderators should always be able to see the topic tracker:
Hi Wolfgang, how to do the same for founder-only?

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi Smog,

the following code should work. If only founders should be able to use the topic tracker:

In topic_view_tracker.php REPLACE

if (!$auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $topic_data['forum_id']))
with

if ($user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER)
And in viewtopic.php REPLACE

$topic_mod .= ($auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $forum_id) && $topic_data['forum_topic_tracker']) ? '<option value="topic_view_tracker">' . $user->lang['TOPIC_VIEW_TRACKER'] . '</option>' : '';
with

$topic_mod .= (($user->data['user_type'] == USER_FOUNDER) && $topic_data['forum_topic_tracker']) ? '<option value="topic_view_tracker">' . $user->lang['TOPIC_VIEW_TRACKER'] . '</option>' : '';
Regards
Wolfgang

Smog

Post by Smog »

IPB_Refugee wrote:the following code should work. If only founders should be able to use the topic tracker:
Hi Wolfgang,

all tests passed, txs! :)

mguld

Topic View Tracker does not appear in ACP

Post by mguld »

All changements to do - datebase update, uploads and changed code I did.
But afterwards, the instruction point2 did not work :
... turn on the option in the ACP (ACP --> Forums --> [Forum Name] Settings --> General Forum Settings --> Track Topic Viewers)
I can't turn on the Track Topic Viewer, because it does not appear

What did I wrong?

Was I in the wrong directory to find the ACP? I was on
System--> Forums-->Manage Forums-->Manage Forums
This names are slightly diffrent to the instruction.
There a form appears with a field "Create new module" and at the right side 2 popup field, where I thought to find the Track Topic Viewer. But it's no Track Topic Viewer in the popup field there.

Or is the mistake maybe: language/en/acp/acp_forums.php does not exist in my directory?
Instead I've changed language/en/acp/forums.php and also the german: language/de/acp/acp_forums.php

Thank you for any help..

hww

Re: Topic View Tracker does not appear in ACP

Post by hww »

mguld wrote:Or is the mistake maybe: language/en/acp/acp_forums.php does not exist in my directory?
Instead I've changed language/en/acp/forums.php and also the german: language/de/acp/acp_forums.php
The reference to "language/en/acp/acp_forums.php" is a typo made by the MOD author. It should refer to "language/en/acp/forums.php".

If you've renamed these files (the English and German versions) as acp_forums.php, I'd try changing them back to forums.php
Last edited by hww on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

mguld

Post by mguld »

hi hww
Thank you for the reply. I've not changed the filename. It is still forums.php
Wath could be otherwise wrong?

hww

Post by hww »

mguld wrote:hi hww
Thank you for the reply. I've not changed the filename. It is still forums.php
Wath could be otherwise wrong?
I've just tried installing the MOD myself, and I can't switch the topic tracker on in the ACP either.

I can switch it on manually in the database (and if I do that, the MOD works well), but I'm having the same problem as you because the Track Topic Viewer doesn't appear in the ACP.

Someone else seems to be having the same problem over in this thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1220145
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”