[ABD] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Re: [Beta] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Thank you, bondgamer!

I know that this tracking creates a lot of data but over the last few months I repeatedly needed to know when my users read a certain thread. Maybe it helps to truncate the table from time to time.

Have a nice weekend!
Wolfgang

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Thanks for this GREAT mod bondgamer.
I have been waiting for this since I installed my first 3 board :mrgreen:

Testet and working fine.
But one error when running the db update:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /topic_view_tracker_db_update.php on line 49: Use of undefined constant TOPIC_TRACKER_TABLE - assumed 'TOPIC_TRACKER_TABLE'

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php:2990) in /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php on line 3587

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php:2990) in /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php on line 3589

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php:2990) in /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php on line 3590

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php:2990) in /var/www/stoker/phpbb2/includes/functions.php on line 3591
It installed fine though.

One request:
At viewforum, make the VIEWS count a link to the topic tracker.
I am done with phpBB

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

I have some users who have reported crash when using windows 2000 and IE6, but only when they arent logged in.
Do anybody have experionced the same and are there any solution?
I am done with phpBB

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

stokerpiller wrote:I have some users who have reported crash when using windows 2000 and IE6, but only when they arent logged in.
Do anybody have experionced the same and are there any solution?
I found the error and it was NOT related to this mod.
I am done with phpBB

emerald

Post by emerald »

*sigh*
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics WHERE topic_id=

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: topic_view_tracker.php
LINE: 48
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
:(

emerald

Post by emerald »

any ideas?

virtualkev

Post by virtualkev »

I've downloaded the zip from post #1, run teh dbupdate (ok), followed all the instructions in install.txt ( worked out a typo or two) and done all the mods.

cleared cache, refreshed templates styles and imagesets, nothing shows for me to turn tracking on, cant see it anywhere in the acp.

any clues much appreciated.

cheers.

[typo= language/en/acp/acp_forums.php , file does not exist, should be language/en/acp/forums.php ]

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

virtualkev wrote:I've downloaded the zip from post #1, run teh dbupdate (ok), followed all the instructions in install.txt ( worked out a typo or two) and done all the mods.

cleared cache, refreshed templates styles and imagesets, nothing shows for me to turn tracking on, cant see it anywhere in the acp.

any clues much appreciated.

cheers.

[typo= language/en/acp/acp_forums.php , file does not exist, should be language/en/acp/forums.php ]
If You have given the permissions to who should be allowed to view this, the option is added in the MOD jumpbox at the bottom of the page (When viewing a topic)

Took me forever to figure out ;)
I am done with phpBB

virtualkev

Post by virtualkev »

Thanks buts its more fundamental ..
1. Install modifcation
2. For each forum you want to track topic viewers, turn on the option in the ACP (ACP --> Forums --> [Forum Name] Settings --> General Forum Settings --> Track Topic Viewers)
3. Give permissions to users/groups that need access (ACP --> Permissions --> Users' or Groups' Forum Permissions --> Select User/Group --> Select Forum(s) --> Select Moderator Permissions and Go --> Topic Actions Tab --> Can View Topic Tracker)
Done 1)

cant find 2 .. I have teh other general forum option, but not one to turn on topic tracking.

As for 3, I can grant access but I still dont get anything extra in teh quick mod tools (am admin does that matter?)

Thanks for your swift help :)

stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

About 2)

You have to set this for every single forum where You want this activated.
In Generel Forum settings just under this:

Topics per page:
If non-zero this value will override the default topics per page setting.
If the option isn't there, You must have missed an edit?
I am done with phpBB

IPB_Refugee

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hello,

thanks again for this really useful MOD! :)

Some suggestions:

- If debug mode is enabled in config.php, you get a debug notice when running topic_view_tracker_db_update.php, because at the time when we should run this file, the script do not know TOPIC_TRACKER_TABLE yet.

- In mcp.php, this line:

redirect(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}topic_view_tracker.$phpEx", 't=' . $topic_id));
should be better than:

redirect(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}topic_view_tracker.$phpEx?t=$topic_id"));
- Admins and global moderators should always have the permission to view the topic tracker. That should be easy to add. If someone is interested, I'll post how to do this. Good night.

Regards
Wolfgang
Last edited by IPB_Refugee on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IPB_Refugee

Post by IPB_Refugee »

- When someone calls http://www.example.com/topic_view_tracker.php without ?t=xxx querystring, you get a general error. A permission denied message would be much better.
The same problem occurs, when someone provides nonsense values for ?t=. E.g.:

http://www.example.com/topic_view_track ... fgfgdfgdfg

Solution: in topic_view_tracker.php find

// Get Topic ID
$topic_id = request_var('t', '');
AFTER, ADD:

if ($topic_id == '' || !is_numeric($topic_id))
	trigger_error('NOT_AUTHORISED');
If admins and global moderators should always be able to see the topic tracker:

In topic_view_tracker.php REPLACE

if (!$auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $topic_data['forum_id']))
with

if (!$auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $topic_data['forum_id']) && !$auth->acl_get('a_') && !$auth->acl_getf_global('m_'))
And in viewtopic.php REPLACE

$topic_mod .= ($auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $forum_id) && $topic_data['forum_topic_tracker']) ? '<option value="topic_view_tracker">' . $user->lang['TOPIC_VIEW_TRACKER'] . '</option>' : '';
with

$topic_mod .= (($auth->acl_get('a_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_') || $auth->acl_get('m_tracker', $forum_id)) && $topic_data['forum_topic_tracker']) ? '<option value="topic_view_tracker">' . $user->lang['TOPIC_VIEW_TRACKER'] . '</option>' : '';
Regards
Wolfgang

virtualkev

Post by virtualkev »

Hi, I;ve done (and triple checked) all edits as listed in install.txt, after running succesfully the database update.

Nothing showing for me to complete 2). is the install.txt accurate ?

IPB_Refugee

Post by IPB_Refugee »

I think you must be a forum moderator to see it in the dropdown list. Or you do my changes from the last post and you should see the new option in the dropdown list as admin or global moderator, too.

Regards
Wolfgang

ruango

Post by ruango »

It is just me being lame or there is no acp_forums.php inside language/en/acp/? It is the last step on install.txt but I do not have that file. Anyone can help me with it?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”