[ABD] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
lsanti

Re: [Beta] JC Topic View Tracker 0.5.2

Post by lsanti »

Hi there. I am new to this and had never installed a MOD .... this is my first attempt. I am running phpbb 3.0.0 and wish to install this MOD. I opened the install.txt and attempted to follow the instructions and get an error on the DIY of running the topic_view_tracker_db_update.php to create and alter tables. I get the following error when it try to execute the file https://{server}/topic_view_tracker_db_update.php

General Error
SQL ERROR [ oracle ]

ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis [907]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

hww

Post by hww »

I assume you're using Oracle rather than MySQL?

The SQL queries in that PHP file (topic_view_tracker_db_update.php) were written for MySQL. You'll need to find equivalent commands for Oracle.

Someone on this board familiar with Oracle may be able to help you... Or I'd suggest finding an Oracle board out there and asking someone to "translate" the PHP file's commands. I don't imagine it'd be too difficult.
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

lsanti

Post by lsanti »

Thank you for your reply. I figured at best I would have to translate. Also, I noticed in the script it references the FORUM_TRACKER but I looked at my configuration and the table I have is called FORUM_TRACK. I have PHPBB 3.0 would I have to upgrade to use this JCTOPICViewTracker code?

hww

Post by hww »

lsanti wrote:Also, I noticed in the script it references the FORUM_TRACKER but I looked at my configuration and the table I have is called FORUM_TRACK. I have PHPBB 3.0 would I have to upgrade to use this JCTOPICViewTracker code?
I believe $prefix_forums_track is the table used (in the default MySQLi installation, at least) to track which topics have been read by registered users, for the purpose of informing registered users of what they've read (and of what they're yet to read). In other words, it's part of the standard phpBB3 install, and isn't related to this MOD.

That PHP script (topic_view_tracker_db_update.php, which you can't execute because it contains MySQL rather than Oracle commands) actually creates two new tables called $prefix_topic_tracker and $prefix_topics_viewers, which are used to store the data logged by this MOD (topic_id, user_id, view_time, last_ip, view_count).

NB: My only experience with phpBB has been with MySQLi databases. I note that you have a table called FORUM_TRACK, which I've assumed is the Oracle equivalent of the $prefix_forums_track. I may be wrong about that.

And are you certain the script references "FORUM_TRACKER" rather than "TOPIC"?
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

lsanti

Post by lsanti »

I just got back to work and took a look at the PHPBB Oracle tables and the mySql script for this MOD. The creates a new table "topic_traker", which I don't have a problem with. There is an instruction in the script to alter the Forums_Table. I looked at my Oracle PHPBB tables and there is a table called $prefix_forums ....I do not have "FORUMS_TABLE". Is the $prefix_forums the table that needs to be altered to add 'forum_topic_tracker' to? Thanks in advance.

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

Will this work on subsilver based templates too?

net83it

Post by net83it »

edited. wrong message. it can be removed

net83it

Post by net83it »

ok. mod installed. i was able to get m_tracker permission as global and enabled admins, global moderators and other moderators to open the view tracker page :)

i'm guessing it it is possible to use this mod to create another one that lists all topics an user viewed by getting the info from the same db table

grzesnick

Post by grzesnick »

Hi,

I've problem in Acp after installing this mod. But only in Forums menu.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
Any idea what I did wrong?
I'm so sorry for my english... Please, try to understand it and forgive me.

Best Regards,
George

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi,

probably a space (maybe even an invisible char) at the very beginning of /language/en/acp/forums.php --> delete it.

Or you didn't save the file as UTF-8 without BOM. (You could try the free Notepad++ editor.)

Happy New Year!
Wolfgang

net83it

Post by net83it »

IPB_Refugee wrote:
If admins and global moderators should always be able to see the topic tracker:

[..]
i'd like if all moderators, not only global moderators, could use this feature. how to modify these lines to get all moderators to open the topic_view_tracker page?

is the set of permission acl_getf_global('m_approve') ?

thank you

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hi net83it,

it should be

$auth->acl_get('m_', $forum_id); //forum specific

Be sure, that $forum_id has a value when you call this method. You can find a good overview here:

http://wiki.phpbb.com/Moderator_permissions
http://wiki.phpbb.com/Permissions

Best wishes for 2009!
Wolfgang

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

What do i have to remove from my Database to completely uninstall this Mod
I have deleted this phpbb_topic_tracker
am i done their is another query to be removed?
“Need and struggle are what excite and inspire us.”

fof-forums

Post by fof-forums »

nice mod ... installed without any issues
and dose what it says on the lid

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”