[ABD] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
kendog819

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by kendog819 »

Ok, i figured it out, i can now access the Cash Mod from the .MODS tab in the ACP. ,I also see "Bank" in the UCP but when i click on it it says:

Information

You must select a user to manage.

I have figured out the other ways to access peoples cash to edit it, but i read somewhere in your forum here where u posted a couple lines of code you can delete to remove the error message or something to that effect. I just can't seem to find that message again, could u please repost whatever the code was to delete.

Thanks Again,
Ken

kendog819

Post by kendog819 »

Also i was wondering if you could point out the place to go where i can edit the font size and maybe make bold the cash amount fonts in peoples posts. Thanks ALot

Ken

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

kendog819 wrote:Also i was wondering if you could point out the place to go where i can edit the font size and maybe make bold the cash amount fonts in peoples posts. Thanks ALot

Ken
the templates are your friend.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

kendog819

Post by kendog819 »

Handyman` wrote:
kendog819 wrote:Also i was wondering if you could point out the place to go where i can edit the font size and maybe make bold the cash amount fonts in peoples posts. Thanks ALot

Ken
the templates are your friend.
I was hoping for you to make it a bit easier for me..lol

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

ok guys, the bank is going to play a much larger role in 1.0.0… it's going to be built in.

Here is the outline of what I'm adding, let me know if I missed anything

cash_mod
{
/* Get currencies for users */
// get currencies
// get cash amounts for an user
// get cash amounts for multiple users

/* Manage currencies */
// check permission to edit users currency
// add cash to user
// add cash to users
// subtract cash from user
// subtract cash from users

/* Donations */
// donate from user in currency to user in currency

/* Posts/Topics */
// Give cash new post
// Give cash new topic
// Give cash character count
}

bank_mod
{
/* Transfers */
// Exchange funds to differenc currency type
// Get Exchange rates
// Withdraw funds
// Deposit funds
// Get interest rates
}

note: this is also for the benefit of anybody trying to integrate with the Cash MOD, so please send your 2¢ my direction :)
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery

NYM_Boston

Post by NYM_Boston »

Maybe an allowance feature, like it can give a specific user a specific amount of cash each day,week, month or year.

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

NYM_Boston wrote:Maybe an allowance feature, like it can give a specific user a specific amount of cash each day,week, month or year.
that's called interest :P

NYM_Boston

Post by NYM_Boston »

Yea but you could have it so you can just enter in how much the user gets every week or so, instead of a %

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

NYM_Boston wrote:Yea but you could have it so you can just enter in how much the user gets every week or so, instead of a %
that only happens when you're a young living with your parents… sometimes.
I'll leave it up to interest… and if you want more, post more.

NYM_Boston

Post by NYM_Boston »

haha alright

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

for anybody developing a MOD to use this, I'll post a link to the Cash class when it's finished… if you want access before that, just PM me… it's in an open SVN, I'm just currently adding new functions to it, so anything I post now will be outdated by tonight.

All the basic functions are currently in place, just adding new ones as I go.

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

I just finished all the functions in the class except for adding cash amounts for posting/topics.

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Handyman` wrote:I just finished all the functions in the class except for adding cash amounts for posting/topics.
Gooooooooo Handyman! I'm sure tons of people will snatch up the new release when available.

kaplunski

Post by kaplunski »

Handyman` wrote:I just finished all the functions in the class except for adding cash amounts for posting/topics.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou handyman. IMO this is one of the most valuable mods for phpbb and it's great to see you are making some progress on it. :)
Can't wait for it to be released. I have been waiting on this mod before I upgrade to phpbb3 because i want to transfer all my users' cash over. :D

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

I installed this and everything was good. But when i post no cash is being added to my account.
Permissions are set so i can receive cash when posting and i still don't.

What am i doing wrong?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”