[ABD] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
ibidibuyisell
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by ibidibuyisell »

Ok first I have to say I'm sorry for asking these questions. I'm not a total computer moron but relatively close compared to everyone else here. I've been modifying my auction software and phpBB3 forum myself because I'm a small not-for-profit site owner with no budget :D I'm asking BEFORE I make a big mess of things so....

Am I correct that I CAN use this mod with phpBB3?

AND

in the install Modx file it says:
"#-----[ DIY ]----------------------#
before you go any further, make sure you run the db script.
browse to cash_db.php?mode=install"

What exactly does that freakin mean!?!?!? I see a cash_db file in the package..and I can find my way to the database but more than that my head is in my you-know-whaty. :D Again - please forgive me. It's probably the world's 2 stupidest questions.
The two most dangerous things in the world: A dork with a computer and a programmer with a screwdriver.
http://www.ibidibuyisell.com/test

User avatar
SAFFLEUR
Registered User
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Lenoir NC
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by SAFFLEUR »

ibidibuyisell wrote:Ok first I have to say I'm sorry for asking these questions. I'm not a total computer moron but relatively close compared to everyone else here. I've been modifying my auction software and phpBB3 forum myself because I'm a small not-for-profit site owner with no budget :D I'm asking BEFORE I make a big mess of things so....

Am I correct that I CAN use this mod with phpBB3?

AND

in the install Modx file it says:
"#-----[ DIY ]----------------------#
before you go any further, make sure you run the db script.
browse to cash_db.php?mode=install"

What exactly does that freakin mean!?!?!? I see a cash_db file in the package..and I can find my way to the database but more than that my head is in my you-know-whaty. :D Again - please forgive me. It's probably the world's 2 stupidest questions.
That file should be uploaded to your forums root directory (the one with index.php in it) then you point your browser too www.yoursite.com/{forum root}/cash_db.php?mode=install

replace forum root with the sub-directory you have your forum in.

ibidibuyisell
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by ibidibuyisell »

SAFFLEUR wrote:
That file should be uploaded to your forums root directory (the one with index.php in it) then you point your browser too http://www.yoursite.com/{forum root}/cash_db.php?mode=install

replace forum root with the sub-directory you have your forum in.
:shock:
Ok..seriously. I give up. lol
The two most dangerous things in the world: A dork with a computer and a programmer with a screwdriver.
http://www.ibidibuyisell.com/test

User avatar
Handyman`
Former Team Member
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by Handyman` »

For anybody creating a MOD that uses the Cash MOD, the Cash Class is completed… pretty much only minor changes will be made till this is completed.

If you need it, PM me for a link.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

User avatar
NYM_Boston
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by NYM_Boston »

wooo!!! :D

danielnguyen
Registered User
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by danielnguyen »

I think that you should rewrite a new installation use modx format and you should make an update guide for the next release!
A great mod!
Thank so much!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

danielnguyen
Registered User
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by danielnguyen »

I have installed and run database and have enabled it through ACP but I see no change on viewtopic :-? I don't see anything about how many cash any user earn. I don't see cash on the Avatar panel on viewtopic? So what can I do now to show them for everybody? And I also don't see link to BANK!
Regards
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

User avatar
Handyman`
Former Team Member
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by Handyman` »

danielnguyen wrote:I have installed and run database and have enabled it through ACP but I see no change on viewtopic :-? I don't see anything about how many cash any user earn. I don't see cash on the Avatar panel on viewtopic? So what can I do now to show them for everybody? And I also don't see link to BANK!
Regards
if you ran the style edits, then it probably means that you need to refresh your templates and purge the cache.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

danielnguyen
Registered User
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by danielnguyen »

Ofcourse, I have refreshed template and purged my cache! You can go to my 4rum and see:: http://www.congdongteenonline.net
I have tried post a new topic but I don't see any cash.... :|

And how can I drop all tables of this mods? I want to rerun this SQL scripts!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

kendog819
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by kendog819 »

Could anyone recommend a Lottery Mod that runs well with Handyman's Cashmod.

Thanks Alot,
Ken

User avatar
SAFFLEUR
Registered User
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Lenoir NC
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by SAFFLEUR »

kendog819 wrote:Could anyone recommend a Lottery Mod that runs well with Handyman's Cashmod.

Thanks Alot,
Ken
Don't believe one is being developed yet.

User avatar
Handyman`
Former Team Member
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by Handyman` »

BondGamer was working on a lottery MOD that uses this MOD, but I think he got mixed up on the implementation, so it didn't work correctly.

Here is the link if you want it: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=587858

I'll send him a message to start working on the next version which uses the Cash Class :P
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

kendog819
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by kendog819 »

Yea, tell him to get his butt in gear..lol Looks like he hasn't even replied on his thread since last year. Maybe u could develop one if he doesn't, you make good mods.

Thanks HandyMan,

Ken

User avatar
Handyman`
Former Team Member
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by Handyman` »

kendog819 wrote:Yea, tell him to get his butt in gear..lol Looks like he hasn't even replied on his thread since last year. Maybe u could develop one if he doesn't, you make good mods.

Thanks HandyMan,

Ken
heh, good MODs yes, time to make them has been hard to find since last summer :?
I'm learning from my own mistakes though… building MODs a bit better the first time, which is why I'm basically redoing most of my MODs including this one to get a better place to start.

This one is actually about a solid day of work away from completion… if I can find a solid day to work on it.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

User avatar
SAFFLEUR
Registered User
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Lenoir NC
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by SAFFLEUR »

Handyman` wrote: This one is actually about a solid day of work away from completion… if I can find a solid day to work on it.
How much will a solid day of work cost? :lol:

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”