[ABD] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mitthoo

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod

Post by mitthoo »

after giving permission i tried to post 1 myself.

got this

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'cash_id' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb3_cash_amt (user_id, cash_id, cash_amt) VALUES ('2', NULL, NULL)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1697
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 962
CALL: submit_post()
Huh What?

Post by Huh What? »

GroovePlugs, I registered here specifically to thank you for the work you're putting into this MOD for v3. So without further ado, THANK YOU. Your diligence and effort are greatly appreciated.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

I just finished the next release and was working on the install file when they released RC2… so I'm going to have to test it with that.
But I should have 0.3.2 out tomorrow night… somewhere around 9PM UTC -6
It's the first stable version I've had so far… I actually had some time to think it out and got it done right :)
Look for a post tomorrow.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

I'm interested in CashMOD, but I can see how it could lead to irrelevant post JUST to increase cash....

Any one experience this or find ways to combat this? Anyway to link this up with a rating system, where users rate good bad neither, n only get points when the majority mark it good? Receive nothing is marked otherwise?
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

Omarvelous wrote:I'm interested in CashMOD, but I can see how it could lead to irrelevant post JUST to increase cash....

Any one experience this or find ways to combat this? Anyway to link this up with a rating system, where users rate good bad neither, n only get points when the majority mark it good? Receive nothing is marked otherwise?
you're looking for more of a rating system or karma system.
The whole idea behind the cash mod is when people post, they get benefits… which then you can buy stuff on the forum… though I don't think any add-ons to this mod are downloadable yet.
This does have a flood limit, where you can set how much you will let someone earn in a day… that will cut down on spam to get cash.

I'm going to have to do a more advanced flood later on… probably around version 0.8 or 0.9.

I have the install files written for 0.3.2, I just need to make sure it all works with RC1… so planning to have it by 9PM UTC - 6 8-)
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
jon123

Post by jon123 »

0.4.0 0%
Road Map looks Mint!!! Cant wait!! :D

Great work so far bro!!

i no how much time uve probally put into this!
Omarvelous

Post by Omarvelous »

GroovePlugs wrote:
Omarvelous wrote:I'm interested in CashMOD, but I can see how it could lead to irrelevant post JUST to increase cash....

you're looking for more of a rating system or karma system.
The whole idea behind the cash mod is when people post, they get benefits… which then you can buy stuff on the forum… though I don't think any add-ons to this mod are downloadable yet.
This does have a flood limit, where you can set how much you will let someone earn in a day… that will cut down on spam to get cash.

I'm going to have to do a more advanced flood later on… probably around version 0.8 or 0.9.

I have the install files written for 0.3.2, I just need to make sure it all works with RC1… so planning to have it by 9PM UTC - 6 8-)
I see. do like the aspect of letting users "Purchase" things, and have seen how popular this MOD is on forums. I think the benefit a forum will receive from this MOD would be more good then bad, especially with the flood protection....

I'll keep my eye on this.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

:cry: I just installed it on RC2 and found one small bug, but I need sleep before driving to work in the morning.
So I'll have to release it in the morning.
I was so close :cry:
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 0.3.2

Post by Handyman` »

0.3.2 released.
2007-6-26 - Version 0.3.2
- Serious code cleanup and overhaul
- Made all cash instances into functions for easy upgrading
- Finished the ACP so it now controls all currently available options
- Made link to Bank in viewtopic
- Install files sets permission automatically, so you will receive cash unless you specify not to.

No upgrade script provided yet… I'll get to that in the next day or two.
jon123

Post by jon123 »

Hey buddie Well done on Realise!!!
Just thinking about

Allow admins and mods to add/subtract/exchange users cash 0% - Wondering if you could put a pass on this or Set Permissions IE
Allow only 2 users to use?? instead of all
Just a suggestion But Great Job so far!!!
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

jon123 wrote:Hey buddie Well done on Realise!!!
Just thinking about

Allow admins and mods to add/subtract/exchange users cash 0% - Wondering if you could put a pass on this or Set Permissions IE
Allow only 2 users to use?? instead of all
Just a suggestion But Great Job so far!!!
those permissions do exist… you just need to set them 8-)
You will find it in admin permissions and mod permissions… both.
-CoS-

Post by -CoS- »

Nice work! When I finish designing my theme and start modding, this will be the first one (your gallery the second) ;)

Thank you!
quocanh83

Post by quocanh83 »

I just installed it on RC2 and found some bug
+ IN UCP i can't see BANK MOD
+ Can't see Cash in profiles when view topic
+ When i post my cash don't +
Everything is alright with RC1

my idea
+ Auto recalculator cash with old post
+ Set cash for Post a reply and newpost
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

quocanh83 wrote:I just installed it on RC2 and found some bug
+ IN UCP i can't see BANK MOD
+ Can't see Cash in profiles when view topic
+ When i post my cash don't +
Everything is alright with RC1
you do have to make the template edits before it will show anything. (prosilver.txt and subsilver2.txt)

I just realized that I messed up in 1 location in the instructions… don't know how I missed it, but here is the change

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]----------------------
#
language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]----------------------
#
'actions'		=> 'Actions',
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]----------------------
#
'bank'			=> 'Bank',
#
#-----[ OPEN ]----------------------
#
language/en/memberlist.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]----------------------
#
'ABOUT_USER'			=> 'Profile',
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]----------------------
#
'ACCOUNT'				=> 'Account',
I had the 2 swapped… so the memberlist.php stuff could not be found.
That should help.

Zip updated.
thewizard

Post by thewizard »

I'm a little curious. How would you say this is, or planned to be, when compared to Xore's Cash Mod?

I currently use Xore's Cash Mod on some of my 2.x boards and am planning on porting the code for 3.x for my personal usage. But I will admit I have shown some interest in this project as well.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”