[ABD] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Post by Handyman` »

There is currently nothing that should stop MOD Authors from integrating with this MOD… even as Beta 1.
If he actually downloaded the MOD and had a look at it, he wouldn't be waiting for an actual release.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
mrgingles

Post by mrgingles »

Handyman` wrote:There is currently nothing that should stop MOD Authors from integrating with this MOD… even as Beta 1.
If he actually downloaded the MOD and had a look at it, he wouldn't be waiting for an actual release.
I've seen your relase and it seems to be complete... I hope that Jeff would integrate your MOD with his Arcade, but we have to wait his opinion...
Visit my website! http://www.techcommunity.it
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

mrgingles wrote:
Handyman` wrote:There is currently nothing that should stop MOD Authors from integrating with this MOD… even as Beta 1.
I've seen your relase and it seems to be complete... I hope that Jeff would integrate your MOD with his Arcade, but we have to wait his opinion...
The MOD is not complete, but the class is, so everything he needs is already in place… he has no excuses left :P
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
mrgingles

Post by mrgingles »

Well, I'll link this topic to Jeff... let's see what he'll say :D
Visit my website! http://www.techcommunity.it
Pyro7778

Post by Pyro7778 »

Pretty good MOD. Looks fairly stable, everything is working well.

Possible bug?? The Memberlist page Shows the Cash at the top but the box is blank next to everyone's names.

Other than that everything else is fine.
teman

Post by teman »

hey,i cant donate the cash it tells me general error "Module not accessible".i have 3 tabs on acp: bank setting,users,and cash setting.but,only bank setting can work proper for setting.the rests only show me blank with nothing to click nor to see.
is that normal or i miss something?
never pleased become the leader!!!
ask me for any symbian issues at
http://gsmvolt.com and see our rank here
teman

Post by teman »

anyone? :roll: :?:
femu

Post by femu »

Seems to be normal. It's the same on my side. Only cash settings are working.
Regards, femu

Post by teman »

that means bugs!!
cos' we cant use the function properly.i even can't use donate function :evil:
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

@Pyro7778- the Memberlist.php showing blank for amts for people is a known and reported bug that is in the bug tracker already.

@teman and femu only cash settings are available at this point in time. Did you follow the DIY instuctions or did you add the modules manually? If you added the modules manually you have missed a big part of the installation.
You SHOULD NOT be able to see the Bank Settings or User settings if you had installed it properly.
When all else fails, read the instructions
teman

Post by teman »

i did all installation instructions properly include DIY!!
but still can see the bank set and user set on modules management.but whenever i installed the bank set and user set,i can't run it except see blank page.
what i missed here?
can you do donate function on your side?

addition:i also have zip file there are separate ucp_bank_donate.html but without any info where to place or add it.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Teman- are you new to phpBB and editing files?
This mod is a little confusing on how to install. You have installed it wrong if you can see those other modules.
I am going to try to explain how to install a mod in general then more specifically this mod since a lot of people are having trouble.
  • Download mod and extract it's contents
  • Look for the .xml file and open it in your Browser
  • Follow the directions on the .xml browser
  • On files to edit, MAKE sure you edit the files with an editor that does not save with a bom signature. (notepad saves with bom's so don't use that...use something like Notepad++ and Crimson editor which are both good and free editors.
  • Uploading Root files...Make sure you upload root files to their correct positions. Usually if you open the root file and click on the file in your FTP and click on upload, it will go to the correct spot...but double check until you get used to how FTP works.
  • Last of all, at the bottom of the XML file is DIY. DIY is instructions on how to finish install. Sometimes there are SQL queries to run, sometimes there is an install file you need to point your browser to and like the cash mod it explains how to install the module so the SQL queries will run and update your database.
Can you restore your database to the period before you added the cash mod?
If so do it.
If not, you will need to deactive and delete the cash modules in your ACP.
Now for that left over file ucp_bank_donate.html, It goes to styles/prosilver/template/mods/bank
If you upload the folder styles by FTP to your forum's root, it will put it in the correct place(and create the folders mods/bank folders) if you don't have them.
Now I am assuming you already edited the files that are in the instructions...now for the Tricky part the DIY instructions.

Code: Select all

Browse to your Administration control panel->System (tab)->Administration control panel (under module management).
Then select "Cash Settings" from the dropdown menu (on the right side) and click "Add Module".
Then it should say it was installed successfully.
Now click System (tab) and you'll see a .MODS tab appear… click on that tab and you'll see the Cash MOD Settings.

Have fun :)
This is a little tricky, but failure to follow this will cause the mod not to work properly.
Go to ACP->up at the top tabs click on System->
ON the left hand side towards the bottom Under Module Management You should see Administration Control Panel. Click on that.->
Now the confusing part comes in. You should see Module Management In the middle and underneath it, It will have ACP and the modules listed under that. But you don't want that. You want what is under that.
Down below those modules on the right hand side is a drop down box and beside the box is the Add Module link.
Click on the drop down box and look for Cash Settings. Highlight that and to the right click on ADD Module
The forum will pause for a few moments and then you should see a Installed Successfully message (if you don't see this then the mod has not correctly written the tables needed in the database)

Now to see the Module...Click on System tab at the top again once the page refreshes, a .Mod tab should appear beside the System tab. If not Click on General Tab->then System Tab and the mod tab should appear. Click on that and that is where the cash settings should be.
wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo »

Well - was there supposed to be a sql?? I installed all as directed and when I try to view any topic, I get an error that cash tables are missing - that would only happen if there is a sql file that wasn't run... I don't see any sql file included in the instructions.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

:banghead:

Follow the DIY. If you follow them completely, Step by step as I described in my previous post; the tables will be made.
wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo »

Ok - I understand then, that the tables are installed when you add the module - but... when I added the module, it did NOT add itself under the .MODS tab - nor anywhere, that I could find it. I could see it listed under the Administration Panel and I did enable it... I'll do it again, and here are the step by step instructions that I am following (I did do all the edits and uploads)

Went to ACP Index
Clicked on System Tab
Under Module Management, I clicked on Administration Control Panel
I scrolled down until I could see the drop down list (to the left of "Add Module" submit button)
I chose Cash Settings from the "Cash MOD" [acp_cash] area of the drop-down list (there was also Bank Settings and Users - I did nothing with those)
With Cash Settings visible in the drop-down list, I clicked on Add Module
I got a confirmation asking me if I really wanted to do that - I chose "Yes"
Got a message saying "Module successfully added." and chose to go to the Previous page
Under Module Management now, I see "Cash Settings" listed at the bottom
I clicked "Enable"

If I click .MODS - the only modules there are Last Topic Titles, Portal and Announcement Centre

I do not see where Cash Setting was added AT ALL...

I disabled/removed it and even tried adding it directly under the .MODS area in the Administration Control Panel/Module Management area... still nothing.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”