Teman- are you new to phpBB and editing files?
This mod is a little confusing on how to install. You have installed it wrong if you can see those other modules.
I am going to try to explain how to install a mod in general then more specifically this mod since a lot of people are having trouble.
- Download mod and extract it's contents
- Look for the .xml file and open it in your Browser
- Follow the directions on the .xml browser
- On files to edit, MAKE sure you edit the files with an editor that does not save with a bom signature. (notepad saves with bom's so don't use that...use something like Notepad++ and Crimson editor which are both good and free editors.
- Uploading Root files...Make sure you upload root files to their correct positions. Usually if you open the root file and click on the file in your FTP and click on upload, it will go to the correct spot...but double check until you get used to how FTP works.
- Last of all, at the bottom of the XML file is DIY. DIY is instructions on how to finish install. Sometimes there are SQL queries to run, sometimes there is an install file you need to point your browser to and like the cash mod it explains how to install the module so the SQL queries will run and update your database.
Can you restore your database to the period before you added the cash mod?
If so do it.
If not, you will need to deactive and delete the cash modules in your ACP.
Now for that left over file ucp_bank_donate.html
, It goes to styles/prosilver/template/mods/bank
If you upload the folder styles by FTP to your forum's root, it will put it in the correct place(and create the folders mods/bank folders) if you don't have them.
Now I am assuming you already edited the files that are in the instructions...now for the Tricky part the DIY instructions.
Code: Select all
Browse to your Administration control panel->System (tab)->Administration control panel (under module management).
Then select "Cash Settings" from the dropdown menu (on the right side) and click "Add Module".
Then it should say it was installed successfully.
Now click System (tab) and you'll see a .MODS tab appear… click on that tab and you'll see the Cash MOD Settings.
Have fun :)
This is a little tricky, but failure to follow this will cause the mod not to work properly.
Go to ACP->up at the top tabs click on System->
ON the left hand side towards the bottom Under Module Management
You should see Administration Control Panel. Click on that.->
Now the confusing part comes in. You should see Module Management In the middle and underneath it, It will have ACP and the modules listed under that. But you don't want that. You want what is under that.
Down below those modules on the right hand side is a drop down box and beside the box is the Add Module link.
Click on the drop down box and look for Cash Settings. Highlight that and to the right click on ADD Module
The forum will pause for a few moments and then you should see a Installed Successfully message (if you don't see this then the mod has not correctly written the tables needed in the database)
Now to see the Module...Click on System tab at the top again once the page refreshes, a .Mod tab should appear beside the System tab. If not Click on General Tab->then System Tab and the mod tab should appear. Click on that and that is where the cash settings should be.