[ABD] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ladysarajane

Re: [BETA] Cash Mod 1.0.0 Beta 1

Post by Ladysarajane »

You still didn't follow the directions.
wmtoo wrote:Went to ACP Index
Clicked on System Tab
Under Module Management, I clicked on Administration Control Panel
I scrolled down until I could see the drop down list (to the left of "Add Module" submit button)
I chose Cash Settings from the "Cash MOD" [acp_cash] area of the drop-down list (there was also Bank Settings and Users - I did nothing with those)
With Cash Settings visible in the drop-down list, I clicked on Add Module
I got a confirmation asking me if I really wanted to do that - I chose "Yes"
Got a message saying "Module successfully added."
That part is correct. But you shouldn't have returned to previous page. The instructions say, AFter you get the "Module successfully added", Click on the SYSTEMS tab (yes, I know you are on that page already). When the page is done refreshing you should now see a .MODs tab appear or if you already have the .Mods tab, the cash settings should be available there.
When all else fails, read the instructions
teman

Post by teman »

Code: Select all

Teman- are you new to phpBB and editing files?
This mod is a little confusing on how to install. You have installed it wrong if you can see those other modules.
thanks bro for the hints.
yes,im new. 8-) is that matter,as i have edited and uploaded perfectly like your hints/.xml installation.and there are more members having problem installed this?

but sorry,my problem is not on the tab or adding it,but when i ckliked the donate on topic/post.it shows me
Module not accessible
. or your hints also related to this?.

i will uninstall the mod and re-install it again as your suggestion tomorrow and let you know. or other suggestions before i do uninstall? .if after re-install the prob still occur i will leave this mod behind :roll: .

thanks brother...
never pleased become the leader!!!
ask me for any symbian issues at
http://gsmvolt.com and see our rank here
wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo »

OK - I did that and went directly from where it said "Successfully installed" to clicking on System tab and then .MODS tab... still not there :) Part of that has to be wrong any way - when you install a new module, you HAVE to enable it... so you would need to go back to the Module Management and do that, or it won't work.

So, after I installed it, I clicked on System, then .MODS and of course it wasn't there... went back to System, Administration Control Panel and it was under Module Management as added, but not enabled. I enabled it and still nothing.

It just seems like something is missing... I've installed hundreds of mods over the past years, so I'm certainly not new at this, lol...
teman

Post by teman »

finally fixed the problem own self.we missed to add donate tab on user cp :lol: .i did nothing to changes or modified the codes.just add the donate module under UCP and everything got work like a charm.thnks for the mod then!!
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

wmtoo wrote:OK - I did that and went directly from where it said "Successfully installed" to clicking on System tab and then .MODS tab... still not there :) Part of that has to be wrong any way - when you install a new module, you HAVE to enable it... so you would need to go back to the Module Management and do that, or it won't work.

So, after I installed it, I clicked on System, then .MODS and of course it wasn't there... went back to System, Administration Control Panel and it was under Module Management as added, but not enabled. I enabled it and still nothing.

It just seems like something is missing... I've installed hundreds of mods over the past years, so I'm certainly not new at this, lol...
Did you have the old cash mod 0.3.2 installed?
And how I said to install it is exactly the correct way.
wmtoo

Post by wmtoo »

Yes - I do have the old one installed... I disabled/removed that module first though.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

wmtoo wrote:Yes - I do have the old one installed... I disabled/removed that module first though.
Disabling and removing it is not enough. You must completely unedit the first cash mod version from the files and remove all traces of it from the database. Remember to back up your database completely first in case . Then you need to drop in your database two tables :
phpbb_cash
phpbb_cash amt

BUT that is not it, There are 3 more tables that have items in them that have to be removed.
See here http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... &start=310 on what to search for to delete.

After those all done, then make the edits in your files, upload the root files and follow the DIY instructions. They really do work when the old mod is completely gone and if you follow the instructions in the DIY.
This will remove current users Cash amts. The only way to preserve these is to wait till the next cash mod update. There is going to be upgrader for it.
wmtoo

Post by wmtoo »

Ok - first of all Ladysarajane - ty for all of your help... I don't really know if you can figure out the next part of my saga, but I figured it would have something to do with it.

I removed the php items as shown on the STG site (LOVE that show - miss it!)... went in to ACP and installed module as written. Got an error regarding the cash table and went back and looked in my ACP to see if it was there and still, it was not... SO... I opened up my php tables to see if anything had been written and TABLES WERE NEW for bank_amt, cash, cash_amt and cash_rates... BUT (and here is where I have had problems with other mods) the extension for my board is wrong, which probably is why now the board still won't read those tables as being there.

MY board extension is not just "phpbb_", it is "phpbb_chat" because I already had the old installation of v.2+, so I created the 2nd extension to accommodate v.3... when I look at the new tables created by the cash mod, they say "phpbb_chatchatbank_amt" and so on....

Yikes... and away....??
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

wmtoo wrote:Ok - first of all Ladysarajane - ty for all of your help... I don't really know if you can figure out the next part of my saga, but I figured it would have something to do with it.

I removed the php items as shown on the STG site (LOVE that show - miss it!)... went in to ACP and installed module as written. Got an error regarding the cash table and went back and looked in my ACP to see if it was there and still, it was not... SO... I opened up my php tables to see if anything had been written and TABLES WERE NEW for bank_amt, cash, cash_amt and cash_rates... BUT (and here is where I have had problems with other mods) the extension for my board is wrong, which probably is why now the board still won't read those tables as being there.

MY board extension is not just "phpbb_", it is "phpbb_chat" because I already had the old installation of v.2+, so I created the 2nd extension to accommodate v.3... when I look at the new tables created by the cash mod, they say "phpbb_chatchatbank_amt" and so on....

Yikes... and away....??
what's the error you're getting regarding the cash table?
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
teman

Post by teman »

hey,just wonder if i can reduce the total cash of my members.i mean,i plan to open request section.whenever the request is solved their cash will be reduced.

is that possible?
wmtoo

Post by wmtoo »

The error was that it couldn't be found - I can see where new tables were created, but the extension is not correct - it should be phpbb_chat - but instead it's phpbb_chatchat and I think the error said phpbb_cash (without "chat" in the extension at all) was missing.

The only way I could tell you 100% what it said, is if you tell me exactly which tables were created and what was added to other tables so that I can go remove them and reinstall...
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

You can rename tables...Click on the tab SQL in phpmyadmin and
run this query

Code: Select all

RENAME TABLE tbl_name TO new_tbl_name;
There are 3 cash tables to rename. phpbb_cash, phpbb_cash_amt and phpbb_cash_rates.

You need to run a search on your database to see if it did correctly add columns to the other tables.
Click on the search tab and in the box put %cash%
It should show results in phpbb_acl_options(12 matches), phpbb_config(18 matches), phpbb_modules(3).

You can do the search again but this time put %bank% in the box.
It should show results in phpbb_acl_options(2 matches), phpbb_modules(2).

Now there may be matches in other tables, like phpbb_wordlist or phpbb_posts you can ignore those.

Make sure you back up the database before doing anything.
wmtoo

Post by wmtoo »

The ones that don't match your list: I have 17 "cash" in config and 1 "bank" in modules
wmtoo

Post by wmtoo »

Ok - oddly enough - it is all of the sudden under the .MODS tab... BUT - when I click it, I get a blank page.

I did rename all of my tables to phpbb_chatcash_amt, etc... do you think having "chat" in the table name is a problem?
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

wmtoo wrote:Ok - oddly enough - it is all of the sudden under the .MODS tab... BUT - when I click it, I get a blank page.

I did rename all of my tables to phpbb_chatcash_amt, etc... do you think having "chat" in the table name is a problem?
I don't think so. Make sure you clear your cache. And double check your edits on language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”